General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something close to Minnesota's new stadium would be a home to be proud of, with space to expand too
allianz-field-2019-8-1024x761.jpg

That stadium took 20 months to build so perhaps the materials and construction techniques could be copied?

That stadium took 20 months to build so perhaps the materials and construction techniques could be copied?
I believe part of the conditions for the new stadium is to be as sustainable as possible so materials etc may not be ones you can construct things really quickly with. I may be wrong.

ij9ddnpkvveoiobo9xil.png

Allianz Field was designed with sustainability in mind. From its lightweight PTFE skin which glows MNUFC blue at night through energy-efficient LEDs to the landscape irrigation system which upcycles storm water, Allianz Field exemplifies modern green-building practices....... FoSB should be happy with these features too

I like the roof. Just goes to show what differences of opinion people can have, think it looks an incredible stadium tbh and something we should be looking at

Absolutely. Like everything subjective some will like the eventual stadium design and some won't, can't please everyone! If it's got stands all around the pitch and we can play there for longer than 25 years I'll be happy

How inflammable is laminated timber? I presume the answer is 'not very' for anyone to be considering using it as the main element in a football stadium?
It is a commonly asked question, and the answer is that it's not flammable at all, due to its unique charring properties. Glu-lam can be used in structural roof timbers in both domestic and commercial building, and we also used it in large architectural lighting columns (18m high). It can be stained whatever colour you want, at the factory, and is a very strong and attractive product.

But it is expensive. Very expensive.

Be careful! There are thrives about in Kidlington targeting cars again. We have been hit on Morton Avenue (second time this year) sometime either late last night or first thing this morning with items taken from cars on our driveway. If it is like last time, they are using some kind of key reading/cloning device to get in the cars and using Pear Tree as a base. Check your ring doorbells/cameras and make sure your keys and spare keys for vehicles are well away from cars (not like by the front door like ours)

Be the first to react

4 Comments

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

I recently bought Faraday Pouches from Amazon for my car keys. They claim to be
1h

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

Signal blocking. Hopefully they will protect my car keys.
1h

Layla S.

Layla S.

Old Marston

Wait till the stadiuk arrives.. more people, more problems.
47m

Bridget Blyth

Bridget Blyth

North Kidlington

@Layla

- stadiuk! Is this a new Russian drone🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
27m

Even before any decision is taken, people like Layla have a misguided impression of football supporters all thanks to those bloody spokespersons

Be careful! There are thrives about in Kidlington targeting cars again. We have been hit on Morton Avenue (second time this year) sometime either late last night or first thing this morning with items taken from cars on our driveway. If it is like last time, they are using some kind of key reading/cloning device to get in the cars and using Pear Tree as a base. Check your ring doorbells/cameras and make sure your keys and spare keys for vehicles are well away from cars (not like by the front door like ours)

Be the first to react

4 Comments

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Layla S.

Layla S.

Old Marston

47m

Bridget Blyth

Bridget Blyth

North Kidlington

@Layla

27m

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Layla S.

Layla S.

Old Marston

47m

Even before any decision is taken, people like Layla have a misguided impression of football supporters all thanks to those bloody spokespersons
Are we now building the stadium in Old Marston or is she worried about Oxford City's surge up the leagues? What a stupid comment - yes, a stadium has a clear causal link to petty thieves who steal from cars doesn't it Layla - idiot.

Be the first to react

4 Comments

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Layla S.

Layla S.

Old Marston

47m

Bridget Blyth

Bridget Blyth

North Kidlington

@Layla

27m

There'll be more people a few hours every fortnight or so, 9 months of the year.

Be the first to react

4 Comments

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Josephine Collins

Josephine Collins

Cutteslowe

1h

Layla S.

Layla S.

Old Marston

47m

Bridget Blyth

Bridget Blyth

North Kidlington

@Layla

27m

It makes me angry, but the truth is there are some on that next door site that if someone says there is a stray dog somewhere, they will pop up and say there will be more stray dogs if that stadium gets built. They are idiots, they still makes me angry though, that's why I came off that cesspit.

Not exactly connected to the new stadium but while searching for something in planning on the Oxford city council website I stumbled across this.

Screening opinion to demolish the bingo hall at the Ozone and develop the site in to a new laboratory and office building. Moreo proof that Kassam wants us to leave so he can cash in by developing the whole lot.

Not exactly connected to the new stadium but while searching for something in planning on the Oxford city council website I stumbled across this.

Screening opinion to demolish the bingo hall at the Ozone and develop the site in to a new laboratory and office building. Moreo proof that Kassam wants us to leave so he can cash in by developing the whole lot.
Interesting. Potential implications for access to the overflow car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom