Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

Out of interest, how can members have a Ā£10 credit applied to their account but ST holders canā€™t have a 10% discount applied to theirs?

IMG_1226.jpeg

Out of interest, how can members have a Ā£10 credit applied to their account but ST holders canā€™t have a 10% discount applied to theirs?

View attachment 15086
Presumably because a season ticket is still significantly cheaper than a membership + buying a ticket to every home game (incl. slightly discounted. first game), so they're adding glitter to attract those who don't want/can't afford season tickets?

Disclaimer: I've not calculated this, so it's pure speculation, hoping that Adam Benson knows his onions.

Presumably because a season ticket is still significantly cheaper than a membership + buying a ticket to every home game (incl. slightly discounted. first game), so they're adding glitter to attract those who don't want/can't afford season tickets?

Disclaimer: I've not calculated this, so it's pure speculation, hoping that Adam Benson knows his onions.
My point was more the fact the IT system allows a credit to be applied to an account for a membership but canā€™t be applied to a ST account. It doesnā€™t seem to add up.

My point was more the fact the IT system allows a credit to be applied to an account for a membership but canā€™t be applied to a ST account. It doesnā€™t seem to add up.
Because one is a ticketing system and the other is a retail system.

So sub 8000 crowd with good following from Carlisle

Makes me wonder how many season tickets have been sold

Regardless of that I was hoping for a crowd of nearer 8500 this being our first home match and no football for almost four months.

What do our esteemed dot counters @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare make of it all

So sub 8000 crowd with good following from Carlisle

Makes me wonder how many season tickets have been sold

Regardless of that I was hoping for a crowd of nearer 8500 this being our first home match and no football for almost four months.

What do our esteemed dot counters @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare make of it all
Disappointing is my response.

We were 273 home sales down on the opening home game (v Cambridge) last season. There is so much confusion around season ticket sales and the ticket system this season that it is very difficult to be absolutely sure what is happening.

For instance on 4 August I had us at 5,959 season tickets sold, a week later on 11 August that figure has gone up to an incredible 6,755. That means 800 sold in a week, which is never going to be the case. Another issue is the absolute lack of consistency between the club season ticket sales announcements every few days, and then seemingly forgetting all about it completely (when we reached 4,500) all while tickets were still obviously selling. We had 7,194 home fans in attendance yesterday, and there is no way that only 4,500 were season ticket holders and 2,700 bought match tickets. How can we have a discrepancy of 2,255 between the club's last announcement and my ticket count?

Myself and @Thecurraghofkildare have analysed this and can find no reason for such a large difference, even after discounting as many as 450 seats shown as sold possibly being "club allocated" seats, which again is being very generous with our estimation. Then there is the issue of the 112 corporate seats that are immediately behind the Directors' Box. These are the responsibility of the corporate sales guys, not the ticket office. They are always shown as "sold" but sometimes some become available in the days leading up to a game, maybe 20 or 30 at most, but they almost always sell out by match day. Yesterday 68 of these 112 seats were unsold, which is unprecedented!

To summarise, it's a bloody mess, and I don't know what the club are playing at? I suspect season ticket sales ARE up on last year, and are possibly about 5,500. But we have lost the goodwill of some fans in my opinion, and that is reflected in a lower take up of match ticket sales. I think some of this is a hangover from the disaster that was last season, and the club need to re-engage with these fans, improve communication, and win a few matches, to hopefully encourage them back.

PS: And don't get me started on our absolutely awful club graphics!!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:
Disappointing is my response.

We were 273 home sales down on the opening home game (v Cambridge) last season. There is so much confusion around season ticket sales and the ticket system this season that it is very difficult to be absolutely sure what is happening.

For instance on 4 August I had us at 5,959 season tickets sold, a week later on 11 August that figure has gone up to an incredible 6,755. That means 800 sold in a week, which is never going to be the case. Another issue is the absolute lack of consistency between the club season ticket sales announcements every few days, and then seemingly forgetting all about it completely (when we reached 4,500) all while tickets were still obviously selling. We had 7,194 home fans in attendance yesterday, and there is no way that only 4,500 were season ticket holders and 2,700 bought match tickets. How can we have a discrepancy of 2,255 between the club's last announcement and my ticket count?

Myself and @Thecurraghofkildare have analysed this and can find no reason for such a large difference, even after discounting as many as 450 seats shown as sold possibly being "club allocated" seats, which again is being very generous with our estimation. Then there is the issue of the 112 corporate seats that are immediately behind the Directors' Box. These are the responsibility of the corporate sales guys, not the ticket office. They are always shown as "sold" but sometimes some become available in the days leading up to a game, maybe 20 or 30 at most, but they almost always sell out by match day. Yesterday 68 of these 112 seats were unsold, which is unprecedented!

To summarise, it's a bloody mess, and I don't know what the club are playing at? I suspect season ticket sales ARE up on last year, and are possibly about 5,500. But we have lost the goodwill of some fans in my opinion, and that is reflected in a lower take up of match ticket sales. I think some of this is a hangover from the disaster that was last season, and the club need to re-engage with these fans, improve communication, and win a few matches, to hopefully encourage them back.
peak holiday season ... plus losing last sat and getting battered in the cup on weds eve ( lionessess playing in WWC quarter final - albeit game was over by 1.30pm or thereabouts)- all contributory factors in yesterdays low attendance. That said partners lad decided to go to the game, he bought a membership in the week . He'll probably go to around 10-12 home games this season I guess. My middle grandaughter is away on hol, or she'dve been at the game

When it was announced it was just under 8k , I was surprised given lots of empty spaces visible - ST sales must be 5K plus to have given that official figure yesterday

peak holiday season ... plus losing last sat and getting battered in the cup on weds eve ( lionessess playing in WWC quarter final - albeit game was over by 1.30pm or thereabouts)- all contributory factors in yesterdays low attendance. That said partners lad decided to go to the game, he bought a membership in the week . He'll probably go to around 10-12 home games this season I guess. My middle grandaughter is away on hol, or she'dve been at the game

When it was announced it was just under 8k , I was surprised given lots of empty spaces visible - ST sales must be 5K plus to have given that official figure yesterday
Plus, the weather was pretty mixed for a mid August game.

Not making excuses for the crowd particularly, just noting that a few floating fans might have thought of other things to do after the large showers we had in the morning (which I managed to get caught in with the dog!)

PS: And don't get me started on our absolutely awful club graphics!!!:mad::mad:
Great post. I'll bite on your final point. Easy to underestimate the importance of this. The club need to get it sorted. It's a visual culture we live in, especially online and our branding has become a dog's dinner. Everything about the visuals coming out of OUFC in the last few months looks like it's been done by an enthusiastic amateur. There's probably a youngster trying their best here so don't want them thrown under the bus, it's the marketing teams responsibility. At a minimum...

Professional photography with proper lighting and basic colour and tone correction to create a coherent album of head and body shots. Our player photos this year are so bad it's almost laughable.

A standardised colour palette in line with our club colours and a selection of header and body font rules

A few standardised templates for social media done by (or alongside) a professional with textures, typography and content blocks pre-designed.

Our August crowds are always slightly lower due to school holiday. You can't attend footie and be in Tenerife afterall

Our August crowds are always slightly lower due to school holiday. You can't attend footie and be in Tenerife afterall
Didnā€™t fans have holidays last year then, as Colin said that we were down by 273 home fans compared to the opening game last season, and I think last season started earlier because of the World Cup.

I personally think the lower attendance is down to last seasonā€™s debacle, a very poor start to the season and possibly the jury still being out re; Manning

I see our friends at the wrong end of the A420 had a gate of over 9000 and in total had over 1500 more home fans than us
They too had a poor season, not sure what their ticket prices are ,but as a club with problems they are doing something right where it matters in getting fans to the ground.
I feel the need to write to Tim Williams and ask what is going on with our marketing.
Last time I wrote I got invited into the training ground letā€™s see

Last edited:
Letter to Tim Williams, also copied to Chris Williams

Bums on seats

Tim

The last time I wrote to you it was because we had such an appalling run under Karl Robinson and felt something had to be done. You very kindly invited myself and others into the training ground for a chat.
This time I have no complaints about the football on the pitch,I feel given time the future is exiting and that includes proposals for the new stadium.

What bothers me is the marketing department and the lack of bums on seats.
If we take the season ticket campaign at 2000,3000,4000,4500 there was a big announcement that STā€™s had hit these levels but nothing since.

We must be well over the 5000 mark by now, with 7194 home fans in attendance there is no way 2700 bought match day tickets, the point being that when fans see a milestone like 5000/6000 being hit they want to be part of it. The same with the push for 10000 plus gates two seasons ago.

It pains me to say this but our friends at STFC had more than 1500 home fans than us on Saturday, not sure what they are doing but they are a league lower than us and seem to galvanise support.

With the advent of a new ground we need as many season ticket holders as possible to show there is an appetite to fill a 16000 seater stadium.
If we have got to that 5000 figure please put it out there,you will be surprised how many more STā€™s you will sell.

Graham North

PS Iā€™m not trying to get an invite to the Directors box šŸ˜€

Great post. I'll bite on your final point. Easy to underestimate the importance of this. The club need to get it sorted. It's a visual culture we live in, especially online and our branding has become a dog's dinner. Everything about the visuals coming out of OUFC in the last few months looks like it's been done by an enthusiastic amateur. There's probably a youngster trying their best here so don't want them thrown under the bus, it's the marketing teams responsibility. At a minimum...

Professional photography with proper lighting and basic colour and tone correction to create a coherent album of head and body shots. Our player photos this year are so bad it's almost laughable.

A standardised colour palette in line with our club colours and a selection of header and body font rules

A few standardised templates for social media done by (or alongside) a professional with textures, typography and content blocks pre-designed.
Personally (speaking as a dinosaur) the graphics donā€™t bother me at all. Iā€™d prefer the club to give more information on season ticket numbers, the new stadium and the transfer situation. (I know transfer information has to be limited by the very nature of it.)

Sadly the photography & graphics are by ā€œprofessionalsā€ and well paid (external) ones at that! Baffling

Sadly the photography & graphics are by ā€œprofessionalsā€ and well paid (external) ones at that! Baffling
Good grief. Would love to know how you know this but if true is an absolute embarrassment. Also leaves me with some wider questions about the competence of our marketing team tbh. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom