Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

On the subject of tickets, I see that the restaurant is now priced at £90.00 per person or £60.00 if you are a season ticket holder. Looks like Frankie & Benny's will be getting our business again!

1690817810386.jpeg
Do Frankie and Benny’s supply the half time biscuits ?

So another week goes by and still no mention of how many season tickets sold, we’ve had several players join since the last announcement and we have sold out for the Cambridge game.
From what @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare say we are past 5000 and they are the Gods of dot counting as far as I’m concerned.
If we have gone past this figure and haven’t been told or even if we’re just short an announcement should be made because it encourages more people to come on board.
I have no idea what the club are playing at.

They're too busy tweeting an excessive amount of photos and videos of new signings to do anything useful

So another week goes by and still no mention of how many season tickets sold, we’ve had several players join since the last announcement and we have sold out for the Cambridge game.
From what @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare say we are past 5000 and they are the Gods of dot counting as far as I’m concerned.
If we have gone past this figure and haven’t been told or even if we’re just short an announcement should be made because it encourages more people to come on board.
I was planning on doing a count today, as it's the end of the week and the eve of the season, and my last count on 30 July had us at over 5,600. Will report back later, but I'm increasingly bemused by the lack of announcements from the club.

Firstly here's what I posted on Sunday evening:

I was going to do a count tomorrow, as it's the end of the month, and seven days since my last count, but you've prompted me to do it a day early.

All I can say is that the figures coming out of the club this year make no sense, and do not tally either with my figures, the figures from @Thecurraghofkildare nor the figures from previous years.

To explain, I now have us at 5,659 which is 180 up on six days ago. At the 31st July last season I had us at 4,839 using exactly the same counting method, so we are over 800 up on same stage last season. From memory (and I'll look it up later) I had us slightly ahead of 4,500 when the club announced that figure, but only slightly. I cannot understand why, when I'm showing well in excess of 500 extra sales since that point, we haven't announced 5,000. Last season, using exactly the same method, I was very very close to the actual figure that then club announced as its final sales figure.

Edit: On 5 July, when the club announced 4,500, I had us at 4,950. Since then (even if I was 450 out, which I don't believe I was) we have sold an extra 710 tickets, so we MUST be over 5,000 now, as the club's 4,500 + 710 = 5,210.

I have just done a count and there have been really healthy sales in all areas over the last four and a half days. I now have sales at 5,959 which means we've sold exactly 300 since Sunday night.

There's no way we haven't sold 5,000 and even using the rationale that I explain above, in Sunday's post, we are above 5,500. In other words, if the club are "holding back" 450 seats (which seems an extremely large number) we would be above 5,500.

I cannot get my head around the lack of any announcements!

I was going to do a count tomorrow, as it's the end of the month, and seven days since my last count, but you've prompted me to do it a day early.

All I can say is that the figures coming out of the club this year make no sense, and do not tally either with my figures, the figures from @Thecurraghofkildare nor the figures from previous years.

To explain, I now have us at 5,659 which is 180 up on six days ago. At the 31st July last season I had us at 4,839 using exactly the same counting method, so we are over 800 up on same stage last season. From memory (and I'll look it up later) I had us slightly ahead of 4,500 when the club announced that figure, but only slightly. I cannot understand why, when I'm showing well in excess of 500 extra sales since that point, we haven't announced 5,000. Last season, using exactly the same method, I was very very close to the actual figure that then club announced as its final sales figure.

Edit: On 5 July, when the club announced 4,500, I had us at 4,950. Since then (even if I was 450 out, which I don't believe I was) we have sold an extra 710 tickets, so we MUST be over 5,000 now, as the club's 4,500 + 710 = 5,210.

I have just done a count and there have been really healthy sales in all areas over the last four and a half days. I now have sales at 5,959 which means we've sold exactly 300 since Sunday night.

There's no way we haven't sold 5,000 and even using the rationale that I explain above, in Sunday's post, we are above 5,500. In other words, if the club are "holding back" 450 seats (which seems an extremely large number) we would be above 5,500.

I think they want to wait until we pass 6k and make that as a major annoucement.

I really don't understand the obsession.

They've been focussed on selling the third kit this week. Season tickets will be ticking along in the background and they'll shout when another milestone is reached. I really don't think announcing the number sold every two minutes will encourage a sudden rush of sales. The excitement of new signings, good pre-season results, new kits etc. probably does though.

I think most people are in agreement that the marketing has improved significantly since Adam Benson came in, so give them a break. I also like the look of the new newsletter I got this morning.

It's a shame that the club haven't announced 5 000. It seems very odd.
800 up against last season would be an incredible story after last season.

9,000 for Carlisle if we win tomorrow Colin!?

It's a shame that the club haven't announced 5 000. It seems very odd.
800 up against last season would be an incredible story after last season.

9,000 for Carlisle if we win tomorrow Colin!?
I wouldn't rule it out!

I'll do a count for the Carlisle game on Sunday sometime.

They've been focussed on selling the third kit this week. Season tickets will be ticking along in the background and they'll shout when another milestone is reached. I really don't think announcing the number sold every two minutes will encourage a sudden rush of sales. The excitement of new signings, good pre-season results, new kits etc. probably does though.

I think most people are in agreement that the marketing has improved significantly since Adam Benson came in, so give them a break. I also like the look of the new newsletter I got this morning.
It's hardly every five minutes. The club haven't done a season ticket announcement since 5th July, that's a month. And they were clearly well received, which makes it all the more odd that they've stopped doing them.

New signings, new kits, and season ticket sales are not mutually exclusive. They can, and should, all be part of one joined up marketing campaign.

Jeez it is a bit of fun!

Ok we'll get back to the serious stuff. They've found a copper alloy steelyard beam in a dig at Milecastle 46 near the Magna fort on Hadrian's Wall.

Would have probably been used by somebody collecting tax on goods going through the border both ways.

BDJ

It’s not an obsession it’s just that we need all the ST holders we can muster especially when we are moving to a new stadium.
So the more we get the better if we posted at regular 250 intervals after 3500 it helps other fans think they are moving fast I want to be part of that.
Remember when we trying to get all those 10000 gates the more you advertise the more people think I want to be there

Then you don’t belong in this thread

Back
Top Bottom