General Stadium Disrepair

The windows of near the club shop were getting cleaned on Friday, including the glass canopy's which were full of moss!

They have always cleaned the parts of the stadium that are used for conferences etc, it’s just the bits that are used exclusively by the football club that are left to rot.

They have always cleaned the parts of the stadium that are used for conferences etc, it’s just the bits that are used exclusively by the football club that are left to rot.
This was part of the leisure complex that wa sheing cleaned.

I know Andy Tyalor, and we have to remember that he is a fan too. If it wasn't for his job, he would be sat in the stadium with us, and often does with his family when able to. As he said in his emails, he is as horrified by the state of the facilities as we are, and equally as frustrated by the lack of response from StadCo. Unfortunately this is nothing new and I have no doubt that the club are doing what they can to get things fixed. But we're stuck with a shitty stadium and a shitty contract that constantly fails us all. The club isn't even allowed to get fans in to do the cleaning or maintenance, it has to be those provided by StadCo. So our hands are tied. As Andy has said, email him or StadCo directly with these concerns and it will hopefully put more pressure on those responsible to sort things out. But lets not make cheap digs at a staff member who is a lifelong fan and cares enough to be replying to these concerns on a Sunday evening when the rest of us are spending time with our families.

I can only presume the parts of the stadium being used as a vaccination centre are not in this state, or it would not be allowed to function.

A clear case that the stadium company can do it, but choose not to where Oxford United are the "customer."
And I was under the impression the relationship with Mr K was so much better these days?

Only when it suits him, judging by the state of the ground and surroundings yesterday.

I know Andy Tyalor, and we have to remember that he is a fan too. If it wasn't for his job, he would be sat in the stadium with us, and often does with his family when able to. As he said in his emails, he is as horrified by the state of the facilities as we are, and equally as frustrated by the lack of response from StadCo. Unfortunately this is nothing new and I have no doubt that the club are doing what they can to get things fixed. But we're stuck with a shitty stadium and a shitty contract that constantly fails us all. The club isn't even allowed to get fans in to do the cleaning or maintenance, it has to be those provided by StadCo. So our hands are tied. As Andy has said, email him or StadCo directly with these concerns and it will hopefully put more pressure on those responsible to sort things out. But lets not make cheap digs at a staff member who is a lifelong fan and cares enough to be replying to these concerns on a Sunday evening when the rest of us are spending time with our families.

If they can get "StadCo" to allow us to put pretty things on the walls or names in the tunnel then things can`t be that bad, we are also led to believe relationships are in a really good place.
However, as previously discussed on the "Fans Council" thread it counts for sweet FA if the basics are not attended to no matter how tinted the glasses are.

Good old Maslow he knew his stuff........... do the basics before worrying about the cherry on the cake.

Exactly we all know it's stadco/kassam's fault that the place hasn't been cleaned. Oxford united can't even fart in the stadium without Ka$$am trying to charge extra so can't send in the cleaners. People need to go on twitter/Facebook bombard emails to Stadco/Firoka and leave the club out of it as it isn't their fault.

The sooner we are out of this shithole the better.

Exactly we all know it's stadco/kassam's fault that the place hasn't been cleaned. Oxford united can't even fart in the stadium without Ka$$am trying to charge extra so can't send in the cleaners. People need to go on twitter/Facebook bombard emails to Stadco/Firoka and leave the club out of it as it isn't their fault.

The sooner we are out of this shithole the better.

Well, actually it is the club's fault. They are the tenant.

If you were a tenant and your house was crumbling around you and hadn`t been maintained for 18 months do you:

A: Take it up with the landlord early on?

B: Invite 8,500 folk around for a party at £25 a pop and then blame the landlord for the state of the house, because you`ve done nothing for 18 months?

If you were a tenant and your house was crumbling around you and hadn`t been maintained for 18 months do you:

B: Invite 8,500 folk around for a party at £25 a pop and then blame the landlord for the state of the house, because you`ve done nothing for 18 months?
Let’s face it if you rent a house and it’s falling down, you contact the landlord and it’s their responsibility to fix it, if the landlord doesn’t do that why should you have to pay to fix it? Not your house! Not Oxford’s stadium they pay rent and expect it to be maintained! They are it seems working hard to fix this.

And I was under the impression the relationship with Mr K was so much better these days?

Only when it suits him, judging by the state of the ground and surroundings yesterday.
And yet there are some on here who still think we can do a great deal with him and develop the current stadium when we can't even get decent toilet facilities.

I emailed Andy Taylor this morning with my complaints and was impressed to receive a reply from him within half an hour on a Sunday !

Seems like M Doyle is the name of the person to contact as per the above posts. For some reason I have little or no confidence that anything will happen. The supporters of the football club appear to be treated with total contempt.

You can't compare our license to renting a house. When renting a house you don't have restricted access to it like we do with the stadium.

I’ve never read the contract that was signed between FK and knobhead Merry and I don’t know if anyone has, but if someone has is there something in there about the upkeep of the stadium with the service charge we pay? Surely it’s Stadco’s responsibility to keep the stadium clean and fit for purpose.
if there is something along those lines why don’t the clubs legal team get their act together and threaten legal action or the threat of inviting health and safety in.

I’ve never read the contract that was signed between FK and knobhead Merry and I don’t know if anyone has, but if someone has is there something in there about the upkeep of the stadium with the service charge we pay? Surely it’s Stadco’s responsibility to keep the stadium clean and fit for purpose.
if there is something along those lines why don’t the clubs legal team get their act together and threaten legal action or the threat of inviting health and safety in.

I could be wrong, but if my memory serves me correctly, didn't we previously hold back service charges for a while?

I emailed Andy Taylor this morning with my complaints and was impressed to receive a reply from him within half an hour on a Sunday !

Seems like M Doyle is the name of the person to contact as per the above posts. For some reason I have little or no confidence that anything will happen. The supporters of the football club appear to be treated with total contempt.
I am very impressed that Mr Taylor is emailing people on a Sunday when one of his friends @Scotchegg has stated that he has a family! Please people be kind, the man is doing a job and obviously using his day off to try and get back to people!!

Slum landlord treating tenant and fans with an utter lack of respect.

He has us over a barrel and he knows it.

No comparison to residential letting.
Just a minor, but important correction. In the past he HAD us over a barrel, but the dynamic has now changed. He's not dealing with chancers like Nick Merry anymore.

That's all I can say for now.

While we could challenge them taking them to court it would cost alot of money and like the instance of slum landlords on homes they do the bare minimum to get them to the minimum standard as the court requires. Basically it would be a waste of money and the only way is to withheld the service charge but then last time didn't ka$$am get a charge against us in court and we had to pay it back. We need an alternative and soonish as Ka$$am knows we can't do alot as we would breaching the license and be homeless.

Back
Top Bottom