Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we get a signing this summer whose name wasn't linked before actually being announced. Not sure we've seen that yet this summer.

Will we get a signing this summer whose name wasn't linked before actually being announced. Not sure we've seen that yet this summer.
One really good player we are all shocked by would be great.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fleetwood buckle and take our offer for Marriott. Seems they are playing a game of brinksmanship knowing that we desperately need a striker and that Marriott appears to be the top target given the money we are throwing at the deal.
Given that their backer in now in prison (hopefully getting shafted for doing the same to others), they are going to need dosh sooner rather than later. Their average crowd last year was under 3,500 and that included away fans, so they’re not generating much via the turnstiles. If they have other revenue streams are these going to be sold off under the Proceeds of Crime Act? If they came back to me now saying go on then, I’d play hardball and push the price down.

I took it that the 3 offers to premier league clubs were Woltman, a left back and a striker (since Marriott deal seems dead).

Then that leaves Burey who Alan Nixon said we were very close.

We can only accommodate 2 X more loanees in the match day squad so 1 of them has got to be a permanent deal.
Probably - you could have more loanees than you are able to put in the match day squad and one of them misses out - but I appreciate that's a harder sell to potential loanees.

I took it that the 3 offers to premier league clubs were Woltman, a left back and a striker (since Marriott deal seems dead).

Then that leaves Burey who Alan Nixon said we were very close.

We can only accommodate 2 X more loanees in the match day squad so 1 of them has got to be a permanent deal.
That would fit the Troy Parrott narrative but would be a mere miracle to get him for the £500k discussed. Will presumably be somebody closer to Woltman's profile.

Udoh Shrewsbury always liked the look of him, but just come from a nasty injury.

Given that their backer in now in prison (hopefully getting shafted for doing the same to others), they are going to need dosh sooner rather than later. Their average crowd last year was under 3,500 and that included away fans, so they’re not generating much via the turnstiles. If they have other revenue streams are these going to be sold off under the Proceeds of Crime Act? If they came back to me now saying go on then, I’d play hardball and push the price down.
Dam right but if we’ve moved on and Fleetwood get desperate he may go for considerably less to another club like those prats down the road

Last edited:
A while ago too, long before it was reported

Na. The chairman said on Tuesday that they were looking at other options after Fleetwood didn't want to sell even though we offered 500k. That has all happened in the past couple of weeks.

A while ago too, long before it was reported
Question is why was the report leaked way after the offer was made and subsequently rejected? Agents trying to stir up interest for the player I suspect. As others have said, it might be a case that it's revisited again at the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom