Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember reading about Perkins when he was about 10 years old. The new ‘Joey Cole’ or some such. Let’s hope he’s bigger than
Bate.

• React
Reactions: ljs
Sonny, yesterday my life was filled with rain
Sonny, you scored and really eased the pain
The dark days are gone
And the bright days are here
Sonny will take us to the second tier
Sonny, yellow and blue, I love youuuuuu

That's Musical Youth (Pass to Greg Leigh on the Left Hand Side) and Boney M now in the locker, wonder what Marriott and Longman can bring...

Last edited:
Curious to find, once again, that some of our fans have such an aversion to spending sensible money on a striker who could ultimately be the difference in achieving promotion this season.

It's very twee and quaint to maintain this noble stance that, somehow, decent fees on a striker are the garish trappings of modern football and ultimately beneath us. We're more wholesome, more genuine. As if buying a ready made product off the shelf is somehow cheating.

No-one wants the club chucking money about aimlessly again, but if Manning and co have identfied that an experienced striker with an excellent record at this level is worth the money (and the money has been sanctioned by the Board) then that's good enough for me.

The continued hostility to doing so is bizarre and seems to be built on the belief that it's sensible or pragmatic to act in this way (much as it's very sensible not to sack a failing manager).

But we're fans, not businessmen.
We're not flipping houses. We're finding one to live in and be happy.

Let's live a little guys. We f**king deserve it.

Fair point. If we want to look for a calculated gamble on a young player who could score 25 goals one season then that’s Harris, Marriott is a complement to that.

I don’t think there’s a single supporter who wouldn’t prefer JCH mind.
Oh come on let's not start doubting potential signings before they even kick a ball for us.

Would like to get our business done ASAP, but can't deny I love a good deadline day. Hopefully there will be something then, even if it is a young development player. Still think we need those types of players in almost every position.

I didn't expect another striker as well as Marriott..assume Perkins is instead of?
Unless the recent news of our increased bid for marriott is outdated, I'd assume he's an addition. Can't see a loan for Perkins being pushed through in a few hours if Fleetwood told us to shove off again. If Longman was also a possibility on top of the two mentioned above, we would def be looking at outgoings. Murphy hopefully on a perm and GOD on loan. If this all comes to pass, I'd like GOD to get an L2 loan. No need to stipulate a 24 hour recall with the cover we will now have.

If his deal was all done earlier today but media still needs to be done for an announcement later today or tomorrow, he could still theoretically play couldn’t he?

To be honest, with the Browne injury + other winger issues, I think the smartest option is to get both Longman and Perkins, with Marriott also joining (or 2 wingers and a ST)

If his deal was all done earlier today but media still needs to be done for an announcement later today or tomorrow, he could still theoretically play couldn’t he?
As long as everything was signed before 12pm today then yes

This reluctance to spend money on an experienced 28 year old with little resale value to fill a long -sought after position in the squad would make more sense.......

....if we literally hadn't just spent money on an experienced 28 year old with little resale value to fill a long -sought after position in the squad, like yesterday 😳😳

To be honest, with the Browne injury + other winger issues, I think the smartest option is to get both Longman and Perkins, with Marriott also joining (or 2 wingers and a ST)
Isn’t Perkins a striker? Or one like longman who can play all over the front 4

Fantastic window so far. Anyone worried about the RB position though? Manning doesn't seem to fancy Stevens at the mo and Longy's never been good enough.
Long’s been very good so far this season, looking much more like his old self.

Maybe he too is benefiting from not having a clueless moron for a manager anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom