Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOY leaves by mutual consent.

What a weird transfer that was. Clotet-era weird.
I don’t think it was necessary weird. A gamble yes, which unfortunately didn’t pay off.

All the best to him.

Some interesting names available still as free transfers. Dount we'll be in for any of them unless we have bad injuries...even then I guess we might be prevented due to the squad cap.

Jerome Sinclair is one name that's in there.

I have a habit of cursing players. Every year I predict who our best/surprise package signing of the season will be, and in the last few years I've guessed GvK (after that goal v Pompey), Hanson (purely from rep and Derby fan comments), Woodburn (friend is a Liverpool fan and said he'd be sick) and DOY (after his brace v Brentford). For the sake of our players careers, I won't be making a prediction this year 😅

But for real Herbie Kane don't let me down.

No surprise to see DOY leave.

KR & Recruitment equally flummoxed by his appearance in that original training camp, but happy to run with him as effectively a long-term trialist. A few goals in the JPT added to the utter bizarreness of the transfer. Loan spell at Walsall reaffirmed that he wasn't good enough for L2 yet alone L1.

Surprised we didn't release at the end of last season in all honesty. Needed to be registered within our squad count to be able to play minutes in the league and clearly was seen as in the way of O'Donkor et al who are coming through trying to get minutes.
Most recently was hauled off at half-time in the U21s game.

I loved Mike Ford. Loved him. What a man. Gave me an idea of what a real man should be.
He always looked really slow when playing for Oxford. I played against him in a friendly when he was Oxford City Manager on their 3g pitch, he wasn't slow........

DOY leaves by mutual consent.

What a weird transfer that was. Clotet-era weird.
Not really. He was a French U21 player that came to us at the age of 22, and had been in squads in the top tier of French football, so was justified with a level of potential. I think we were all excited after his pre-season Brentford goals.

Clotet would have signed a former Armenian U21 international at age 34, who'd spent most of his career in the Swedish second division.

I think the only thing more surprising than the Osei Yaw transfer were the people saying he could still do a job for us after struggling to get into Walsall's first team last season.

He's a bit of an anomaly in footballing terms because he obviously knew how to hit a shot and score a goal, but his all-round play just wasn't there. He didn't disgrace himself in the appearances he made for us, but ultimately it was a cheap gamble that didn't pay off.

I hope Derick Osei Yaw goes on and scores a shed load wherever he goes. I still think he has something about him. Just a pity KR and the coaching staff couldn’t extract it out of him, or perhaps this level was a step to far. I hope he continues to try in this country, if not I still wish him all the best, and hope he has a successful career at whatever level he finds himself in.

I hope Derick Osei Yaw goes on and scores a shed load wherever he goes. I still think he has something about him. Just a pity KR and the coaching staff couldn’t extract it out of him, or perhaps this level was a step to far. I hope he continues to try in this country, if not I still wish him all the best, and hope he has a successful career at whatever level he finds himself in.
Walsall coaching staff also couldn't ' extract whatever out of him ' he just wasn't ( isn't) good enough . Cannot blame the coaching staff at all.

No surprise to see Deadly Derick leave, but not really fair to beat him up for the Walsall experiment. He literally had a couple of training sessions before the manager left and was replaced by someone who obviously had his own ideas. Absolutely convinced he could be a good striker at League 2 level. Good luck to the bloke anyway, turned up on a wing and a prayer and ended up getting a contract for over a year, fair play to him I say.

I wonder if ox city need a striker DOY could go there score a few goals move up to national league premier score some more goals and before you know it he’s back in the football league good luck to the lad I say

In an ideal world he'd sign for North Leigh, do the business, register on here and tout himself for a move back.

The first rule of this place is to tout old players in every transfer window so I look forward to seeing his name in January, wherever he should end up.

In an ideal world he'd sign for North Leigh, do the business, register on here and tout himself for a move back.

The first rule of this place is to tout old players in every transfer window so I look forward to seeing his name in January, wherever he should end up.
Second rule is, if he ends up developing massively, scoring 50 goals a season and is in demand from PL clubs, but for some reason wants to possibly come back here, someone posts ‘FFS! Why do fans always want to resign ex-players. Move on please’

As I've pointed out recently, nowhere near the pointing ability of Martin Gray. That was Premier League standard pointing.

He was good at pointing with his feet as well, certainly when he went through an opponent to get the ball.

Second rule is, if he ends up developing massively, scoring 50 goals a season and is in demand from PL clubs, but for some reason wants to possibly come back here, someone posts ‘FFS! Why do fans always want to resign ex-players. Move on please’
Yeah, that’s happened a lot, hasn’t it.

Some interesting names available still as free transfers. Dount we'll be in for any of them unless we have bad injuries...even then I guess we might be prevented due to the squad cap.

Jerome Sinclair is one name that's in there.

I would take him even if it was for a season with an option, he did pretty well when he was with us.

Well it hasn’t worked for Henry Landers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom