Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • SUB: Mills

• Total voters
Can I just say those officials were absolutely dreadful. Worst I’ve seen in a long time. They ruined a decent game, and it became all about them.

Ahh who cares we got 3 points playing below par. A sure sign of a good team, and Rovers will take points off a few of our threats to the top2 spots.
I think they were worse than that clown we had against port vale and he was shite for every good official there's always a s**t one next

Manning talks about discipline, but 4 sending offs in 6 home games is not good.
Somebody texted to me that the game management of some of the younger players today was very poor.

Have said that, Mannings decision to move to 4 at the back and to bring on Mills changed the game in the second half. It was a teriffic 3 points against a very good team ( the best I have seen against us this season) and 27 points in 11 games is a great start

A clear foul on Mills for their goal. Can't understand how any Oxford fan could dispute it. The reds on Brown and Smyth cancelled each other out. Would need to see thee straight red for Mills from a different angle. but can't see why there was no card for the Roves player, (or for the player who took out Brannagan)

A lot foi shirt pulling from Rovers. Right changes by Manning- we were over run in the first half and lucky to go in ahead - Murphy needs to start putting those chances away-but great that he's making those runs and what an option from the bench.
Rodrigues is getting better and better My MOM I think, though Beadle was outstanding as well

Player ratings
Beadle 8
Long 7
Brown 8
Moore 8
Stevens 5
Leigh 7
Mcguane 7
Brannagan 6
Bodin 7
Ruben 7
Harris 4

A clear foul on Mills for their goal. Can't understand how any Oxford fan could dispute it. The reds on Brown and Smyth cancelled each other out. Would need to see thee straight red for Mills from a different angle. but can't see why there was no card for the Roves player, (or for the player who took out Brannagan)

I think a Rovers fan might dispute that as they had to play with ten for 30 minutes (which we subsequently absolutely bossed) whereas we only had to play without Smyth for half of injury time! Both those reds were overly officious reffing from a complete jobsworth.

The Mills challenge was never a red either, but I really doubt it gets overturned because he wasn't fully in control. Is Goodrham's injury bad? Because we're going to be severely short of wingers for a little while if it is!

It's hard not to focus on the ref after that match because he made it all about himself.
But that was a really gritty performance while under the cosh first half - Beadle exceptional. Then Manning made the changes he needed to (which were fairly obvious - but still takes a good manager to shift away from Plan A after just a half, especially when you're leading), and we were great for most of the second half, before the carnage of the last ten minutes.

Now a two week breather - which we better take advantage of, because it's then Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday when we get back (and only one of those is a pointless trophy game)

I think a Rovers fan might dispute that as they had to play with ten for 30 minutes (which we subsequently absolutely bossed) whereas we only had to play without Smyth for half of injury time! Both those reds were overly officious reffing from a complete jobsworth.

The Mills challenge was never a red either, but I really doubt it gets overturned because he wasn't fully in control. Is Goodrham's injury bad? Because we're going to be severely short of wingers for a little while if it is!

It's hard not to focus on the ref after that match because he made it all about himself.
But that was a really gritty performance while under the cosh first half - Beadle exceptional. Then Manning made the changes he needed to (which were fairly obvious - but still takes a good manager to shift away from Plan A after just a half, especially when you're leading), and we were great for most of the second half, before the carnage of the last ten minutes.

Now a two week breather - which we better take advantage of, because it's then Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday when we get back (and only one of those is a pointless trophy game)
Goodrham only under the weather RadOx called it falsely

I meant they cancelled each other out in that there was one yellow for a technical infringement (kicking the ball away/not playing to the whistle) and one for a foul.

Back
Top Bottom