Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • SUB: Mills

• Total voters
Great win - so good to beat Rovers at home for a change. We were pretty poor in the first half but had more than enough chances throughout the game to put them away. Beadle, McGuane, Brown, Moore, Mills - all quality. Stevens is also looking really good, I'm surprised he was taken off instead of Long. And of course, the officiating was absolutely horrendous.

Overall an exciting match to watch and a massive 3 points. The only negatives I'd say is that our discipline is quite poor and I don't think Mark Harris is good enough. I'd like to see us bring in another centre forward at some point.

Just watched the highlights...
For me, the cautions and the red card were all correct.
The Mills challenge was a dangerous scissors style tackle and an easy red card in my opinion.
Smyth should know not to kick the ball away. Silly if you're already on a yellow.
A tough win today against Bristol Rovers.
Looking good for the rest of the season.
Yep. Thought they were all reds at the time and nothing changed my mind on seeing the highlights.

Great win - so good to beat Rovers at home for a change. We were pretty poor in the first half but had more than enough chances throughout the game to put them away. Beadle, McGuane, Brown, Moore, Mills - all quality. Stevens is also looking really good, I'm surprised he was taken off instead of Long. And of course, the officiating was absolutely horrendous.

Overall an exciting match to watch and a massive 3 points. The only negatives I'd say is that our discipline is quite poor and I don't think Mark Harris is good enough. I'd like to see us bring in another centre forward at some point.
I think Mark Harris is a very good player and will be key for us from wide. I don't believe he is a natural scorer. Hopefully he proves me very wrong!

Barton has absolutely no class. Never had, never will.
Thought his pre-match interview was telling in terms of how little he's matured over the years. He was asked about four direct questions and just went on these long and sprawling monologues.

His reaction to their goal and the post-match interview ('I can't wait til we play them again') were typically pathetic; I'm so grateful we've got a cool-headed and well-rounded human being at the helm. Just focus on the next game, Joey; there are nearly four months between now and the return fixture.

I’ve seen some people on here describe Mills’ challenge as ‘out of control’ with no chance of being able to appeal. Well, I was at the game and have seen the replay. Both times I’m convinced it’s not even a yellow. I don’t know that’s happened to the game but if that’s not worth overturning then the game is broken. Soft is an absolute understatement. He got the ball and there were many types of those challenges during the game from defenders that weren’t even given as a foul. Complete joke. We did great to hold firm after that travesty of a decision and so glad for the likes of Moore and Brown with some quality defending today not to mention an incredible performance from Englands no. 1! COYY

Very entertaining game ,Mills great tackle what's happened to our game .Smyth that was stupid .Mills we will miss and Harris never stops working iam always disappointed with God but iam sure if we are up there in January we will be getting the striker we need. Great result it's 46 games we have got a superb core of a squad well done everyone enjoy a few days off the beer is going down well.

I think the half time replacement of Stevens was as much about injury as tactics.

He went down after a (typically unpunished) foul about 5 minutes before the break and stayed down for quite a while, then didn't look right afterwards.

I think the half time replacement of Stevens was as much about injury as tactics.

He went down after a (typically unpunished) foul about 5 minutes before the break and stayed down for quite a while, then didn't look right afterwards.
I saw that tackle on him. However, Manning said it was tactical. We were getting chained down the right and Stevens looked very leggy to me.

No way it gets overturned, would mean the efl admitting the ref made a mistake. Which we all know they don’t like to do. Because Mills made contact with the player they’ll stick to the original decision.

You can't jump in like that now, 10 years ago yes but not now, a red for me.

Some outstanding saves early on from Beadle - could've easily been 0-2 down after 10mins and we all know how the rest of the game would've panned out after that with it being Rovers! Moore and Leigh were exceptional in front of goal with several crucial clearances. Delighted for Long with the goal but he really struggled today and Beadle bailed him out with yet another huge save after our first goal.

I think the ref had a very poor game although the reds were probably spot on and all players involved will be disappointed in their actions. Smyth was very silly - had more cards than touches! I think Mills was perhaps a bit unlucky but as soon as you go in two-footed, you are inviting the officials to take the toughest stance. I haven't seen the goals yet but I am certain our player was fouled in the build up to their immediate goal.

Mightily relieved about the result too - it really had 2-2 written all over it when 5 minutes before we were 2-0 up against 10 men. Better game management that what we demonstrated against Vale that's for sure!

Thought his pre-match interview was telling in terms of how little he's matured over the years. He was asked about four direct questions and just went on these long and sprawling monologues.

His reaction to their goal and the post-match interview ('I can't wait til we play them again') were typically pathetic; I'm so grateful we've got a cool-headed and well-rounded human being at the helm. Just focus on the next game, Joey; there are nearly four months between now and the return fixture.
Barton might have to ask the prison guards if he can watch the telly

Anyone who thinks Mills red card was deserved only has to look at the reaction a minute later from the Rovers number 6, waving in a taunting celebration to the crowd that he’d got him sent off and escaped a 2nd yellow himself, which seemed likely from his reaction to the challenge.

A red for Mills was not surprising from an incompetent official but the Rovers player knew he’d got away with a potential red himself and done a job on the Oxford player!

Back
Top Bottom