Away Match Day Thread 10-04-2021 L1 Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a cracking display from us, good to keep a clean sheet, 6 different scorers, all well taken goals.
Good to see Henry coming back into form
COYY

Don't think it was the defence that made this performance or win. Crewe had their chances at 0-0 , the difference was our midfield won the battle and instead of passing backwards we actually played through them and used the width of the pitch we were also clinical in front of goal.

Well of course. If they hadn't missed 2 sitters it would have been 3-2 just after halftime, and all our finishing luck came at once.

BTW the reason we were playing through them was because the full backs were making it possible so we could get some decent movement in the forwards.

I was just trying to be positive and enjoy the result.

Great performance. Could and should have been 10. Strange we only seem to perform when there is no pressure.

Same team on Tuesday please, assuming no injuries. Looking at the way results have been going and what teams have to play each other, reckon 71 points could be an outside chance of being enough. 4 wins in 6 is doable, and even 5 wins to get to 74 isn't impossible.

Well of course. If they hadn't missed 2 sitters it would have been 3-2 just after halftime, and all our finishing luck came at once.

BTW the reason we were playing through them was because the full backs were making it possible so we could get some decent movement in the forwards.

I was just trying to be positive and enjoy the result.

Yeh I get what you mean about the full backs, it gave the midfield and top 3 less to worry about if they lost the ball at the top of the park.

It just proves we have a good team but not enough on the bench to cover the defence or midfield when they are injured or out of form.

Take out the first 10 mins, a really professional performance.
Maybe too late and not sure it changes my mind about the quality of the squad.

However Mr KR this is what happens when you play a settled side. They progress, get to know each other better.
And start to produce performances like this.
Please no more tinkering this season and we may just fluke a playoff place

Take out the first 10 mins, a really professional performance.
Maybe too late and not sure it changes my mind about the quality of the squad.

However Mr KR this is what happens when you play a settled side. They progress, get to know each other better.
And start to produce performances like this.
Please no more tinkering this season and we may just fluke a playoff place

We made 2 changes from Monday: Sykes for Shodipo and, vitally, Ruffels for Hamson.

Today shows we have a great first 11. Long and Ruffles make such a difference. Bite, appetite, skill, finishing.

The Crewe keeper was however dreadful. Revenge indeed for all that Covid malarkey.

..never know what you’re going to get with our lot.

What a different performance from the last game, could have got 10 today⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom