Home Match Build Up 16/8/23 L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That won’t be the case this weekend. We will stifle, and suffocate them. Then dictate play ourselves. It’s bloody amazing to watch us off the ball, and how LM has it drilled into the players. It’s almost as good as when we score. The high press, makes them concede possession by going long, or kicking it out of play, while trying to switch the ball left to right or visa versa.

I can see us winning 3-1 too.

Based on the Port Vale goals at the weekend - aimless long balls straight down the middle are a pretty good tactic against Charlton too!

Check out the epically bad defending at ~0:40 and ~1:30!

Think Charlton will need to improve for this one. If they do, 2-2 I reckon.
Another repeat of their latest form, 4-2 Oxford.

Without being pedantic, it gives an extra 5 goals in the 'goals for' column over a 1-0, but it improves the 'Goal Difference' column by 2 instead of 1.

Oh, sorry, failed in my attempt not to be pedantic.
- missed off the intended ' compared to 1-0' in my initial comment

But yes , entirely correct @SteMerritt :sneaky: ;)

and that'll teach me to read before posting .... well, maybe it will :sneaky:

tbf 6-4 gives an additional 1 in the goals for column
True, but I’d personally also rather win 6-5 than 1-0 as at the end of the day football is entertainment (but I’d rather win 1-0 than draw 4-4!)

Not sure if a 1-0 win or a 6-5 win paints a better picture of a team in good health, though… 🤔

True, but I’d personally also rather win 6-5 than 1-0 as at the end of the day football is entertainment (but I’d rather win 1-0 than draw 4-4!)

Not sure if a 1-0 win or a 6-5 win paints a better picture of a team in good health, though… 🤔
Karl Robinson once told me that most Oxford fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. I said that was stupid. He sulked.

Karl Robinson once told me that most Oxford fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0. I said that was stupid. He sulked.
Ian Atkins would probably have agreed with that sentiment about us.

Back
Top Bottom