• SUB: Mills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Leigh

• SUB: GOD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have over the years read with interest how soulless and how sh*te the k*ssam is portrayed by our own fans and of course by pot loads of away fans and I like many others cannot wait for the day we rid ourselves of all the ridicule - but boy do we heap more and more malaise on ourselves by encouraging away fan posters to come on our own forum and actively encourage them to join in with plenty of put downs and P**s taking and I for one am fed up to the back teeth of reading about how f*cking soulless and sh*te the k*ssam experience is. I know it is nowhere near a great day out but if you regularly travel away you will also know that there are plenty of places that are just as soulless as our gaff but the club fans of these other soulless clubs do not keep inviting guests to take the first hit like us do they? So, to get to the point of this post we invited this geezer/geezerette called Brazillaire or whatever and he has now written a post about the game and the experience on Charlton life Charlton fc's unofficial forum. The post is ok, but after saying he'd like some of our players he then finds 8 yes 8 drifters from Oxford walking out after the game who said that they come not as Oxford fans but premier league supporters who just drift up to the k*ssam for something to do. How the hell does he find not one but eight of these kindred? Then the soulless bile comes forth and yawn so forth. I'd like to point out that this is still our football club and 'stadium' for a least another couple of seasons and whilst I know the experience isn't anywhere near satisfying I still find it hard to digest week in week out when we encourage chancers like this to have a free hit on our forum and then they take cheap and easy pot shots on their forum because of our own encouragement and then add some. Weakness and sheep like.

However, I really hope when we do actually move that we don't start all this mooching and moaning with our away guests when the so called matchday experience of pretty much nowhere and nothing to do without going into the city centre starts up again.

Hindsight is a such wonderful thing and that's why we mustn't let when planning things with the new stadium we allow any dilution just to get approval or else we will be in a similar situation to today.

COYY'S

Reasonable poster on here. Not sure he’s said anything too controversial about our stadium that we didn’t already know.

I doubt he actually spoke to 8 Oxford fans who don’t support Oxford. That would seem unlikely. It’s not like Charlton are a big draw unless we go back to the 1930s. Christ I remember going to the valley in the 1990s and it was the same size as the Kassam and 8000 home fans. 🤔

He was probably behind the north stand in which case he might have got a couple of football team dads on the team day out venture. He couldn’t get one Charlton interview it seems so not sure he suddenly got 8 Oxford interviews with 8 non Oxford fans 😂

If someone told me they wanted to interview an Oxford fan to put on the internet I’d say I supported someone else too.

• React
Reactions: m
I have over the years read with interest how soulless and how sh*te the k*ssam is portrayed by our own fans and of course by pot loads of away fans and I like many others cannot wait for the day we rid ourselves of all the ridicule - but boy do we heap more and more malaise on ourselves by encouraging away fan posters to come on our own forum and actively encourage them to join in with plenty of put downs and P**s taking and I for one am fed up to the back teeth of reading about how f*cking soulless and sh*te the k*ssam experience is. I know it is nowhere near a great day out but if you regularly travel away you will also know that there are plenty of places that are just as soulless as our gaff but the club fans of these other soulless clubs do not keep inviting guests to take the first hit like us do they? So, to get to the point of this post we invited this geezer/geezerette called Brazillaire or whatever and he has now written a post about the game and the experience on Charlton life Charlton fc's unofficial forum. The post is ok, but after saying he'd like some of our players he then finds 8 yes 8 drifters from Oxford walking out after the game who said that they come not as Oxford fans but premier league supporters who just drift up to the k*ssam for something to do. How the hell does he find not one but eight of these kindred? Then the soulless bile comes forth and yawn so forth. I'd like to point out that this is still our football club and 'stadium' for a least another couple of seasons and whilst I know the experience isn't anywhere near satisfying I still find it hard to digest week in week out when we encourage chancers like this to have a free hit on our forum and then they take cheap and easy pot shots on their forum because of our own encouragement and then add some. Weakness and sheep like.

However, I really hope when we do actually move that we don't start all this mooching and moaning with our away guests when the so called matchday experience of pretty much nowhere and nothing to do without going into the city centre starts up again.

Hindsight is a such wonderful thing and that's why we mustn't let when planning things with the new stadium we allow any dilution just to get approval or else we will be in a similar situation to today.

COYY'S
A few more paragraphs....it looks a mass of words that I can't be bothered to read

Slightly odd question, but anyone know why Nathan Cooper was not doing the stadium announcements? And who was doing it?
From the North Stand, you could barley hear what the guy was saying.
Jerome wasn’t there so Nathan had to do all the radio by himself. I don’t know the announcer.

Although I do think that Manning can be a little slow/reluctant to make subs for my liking, I think Charlton’s resurgence in the second half, early on at least, was less to do with their change in shape or our inability to adapt to it and more that they came out fouling and the ref was too weak to stop it, encouraging them and rattling us. We could give Man City a game if we were allowed to smash into their players at will with no retribution..
I think we have them too much respect second half,they’ve got really good mobile fast forward players but are totally lazy when having to defend,our best way of winning was to attack them.

Trouble is, some refs will allow you to take a free kick quickly, others make you wait for them to whistle. No consistency.
Understand that but the expectation is that the player must ask the ref “Can I take it quickly?” otherwise they should all be on the whistle.

Good evening folks,

First of all I am going to address my post, in no way was I digging out Oxford fans, if that came across that way I apologise, I am not that type of football fan.

In regards to my comment about 'soulless' that was not a dig at your fans, but the ground itself and just in general the surrounding area, it was a lovely drive on the rural roads but there was no real gathering point for local fans and it seemed to just lack that match day buzz as a result. In regards to the 8 fans that was genuine, I really did speak to 8, not separately, but 8 fans from 3 separate groups. Again not a dig..just pointing out why it was hard to get some engagement. The people I asked either had; free tickets, it was their first game, Oxford United was their second team or they just said they didn't have the knowledge/want to talk about it. Which is absolutely fine, I get that not everyone wants to talk to a camera. I can wholeheartedly say it wasn't a pop, I'm not like that with other fans and always give credit where due. The fans on here who spoke with me were absolutely spot on and nothing but helpful.

For what it's worth I said you were the better team, I predicted you would be the better team and I addressed this in my vlog and forum posts. Just look at it from my perspective, 4 hour drive almost, got caught in s**t weather, conceded a late winner and then when I wanted to engage with some people no one was up for it, i'll state again that's perfectly understandable, not everyone wants some wally approaching them with a camera, but that is why I may have came across negative.

In regards to the football itself you were comfortably the better side in the first half, second half I would say we edged it. I was envious of some of your players, Elliott Moore and Stephan Negru looked imperious at times, Marcus McGuane is comfortably the best player I've seen this season and the young lad Tyler Goodhram looks a real prospect. I am actually quite jealous of the quality you have.

Despite all the good advice I had on here in terms of location and where to go, I had some real life problems that prevented me getting to the game earlier and as a result I hit bad traffic so was in a real rush to get to the ground, I tried to get some clips in but it was after the game had ended and fans had dispersed, which lacked that match day feel as a result.

I am annoyed at myself for how easily words can get lost in translation or misinterpreted but I wasn't being disrespectful I can assure you. Well worth the 3 points and I wish you luck for the rest of the season (except when you play us :) )

On the return tie at ours I'll speak to some of yous and hopefully I won't be as rushed and as it will be travelling fans, I presume the engagement will be better.

Finally I'd like to say on the off chance the people I spoke to view this forum (only based on themselves saying they don't follow Oxford United religiously) you were still spot on to talk to and I appreciate the time of day regardless.

For anyone that wants to watch I have to say I didn't quite enjoy editing it as much, I really missed the fan engagement from both sets and that immensely adds to the vlog, I also missed your first goal as I was switching batteries (sods law) just wasn't a good day for it.

That's the video, appreciate any engagement, there's my reaction and your celebrations to your late winner and I hope again, on the return tie I can actually talk to some of you.

Hope that clears everything up

tl;dr:

- I'm not a footballing snob
- I agree with your fans that you deserve a ground in a better location
- Please put pitchforks down 😂

Last edited:
Lol, at least there are two funny things in the video:
"you're just a s**t Andy Carroll"
and a picture of Methane

It felt like a second hand attack mate, I've got a top knot and long hair so I feel targeted when we do these chants 😂

Someone also yelled for him to get his haircut hence my face.

Couldn't resist an opportunity for a Charlie meme, due to the terrible result and the rave music playing it felt appropriate

But yeah truly I wanted this to turnout better, if I hadn't got shafted and faced traffic, getting there earlier would have helped, more people willing to talk I imagine and I could have got some of the sites in the area as part of the buildup, still learning and only started around 2-3 weeks ago now

No worries, the video inside the ground was good - captured the atmosphere well.
Not up there with this one though :D

Christ almighty did you have to?

Only remembered this fairly recently and done well to forget it again, such a bogey side for us. Everytime I play yous or Peterborough I am already thinking about the game ahead, torrid record in recent years

Christ almighty did you have to?

Only remembered this fairly recently and done well to forget it again, such a bogey side for us. Everytime I play yous or Peterborough I am already thinking about the game ahead, torrid record in recent years

Rumour has it your manager Dean Holden has been sacked. After yesterday’s defeat!

Seems a bit harsh, as it’s early days, and plenty of time to turn it around.

It will need to be a rushed appointment, as there is little time left in the transfer window.

I will say one thing Methven is a charlatan!

It was quite traumatic looking at the bench and seeing the white t-shirt, dark trousers white trainers combo like a KR clone.

I don’t think he will be at Charlton long. Has been given decent players, am sure the new ownership will want their own person.

Possibly happening sooner than expected 😂

Rumour has it your manager Dean Holden has been sacked. After yesterday’s defeat!

Seems a bit harsh, as it’s early days, and plenty of time to turn it around.

It will need to be a rushed appointment, as there is little time left in the transfer window.

I will say one thing Methven is a charlatan!
Confirmed, he's gone

If I'm honest, I am in the party of 'something had to give'

Can't sack all the players so there's only ever one option.

For the record, I believe Holden was Methvens man, the current regime brought Holden in, so it's all very interesting..

A shame when the Charlton management team had such great names - Holden and Senda.
Seems like its now a case of 'return to Senda' and 'Holden a minute', or maybe not,

Shame about Holden, after his interview I thought he and Methven were a match made in heaven. Robbo in at Charlton then….

Good evening folks,

First of all I am going to address my post, in no way was I digging out Oxford fans, if that came across that way I apologise, I am not that type of football fan.

In regards to my comment about 'soulless' that was not a dig at your fans, but the ground itself and just in general the surrounding area, it was a lovely drive on the rural roads but there was no real gathering point for local fans and it seemed to just lack that match day buzz as a result. In regards to the 8 fans that was genuine, I really did speak to 8, not separately, but 8 fans from 3 separate groups. Again not a dig..just pointing out why it was hard to get some engagement. The people I asked either had; free tickets, it was their first game, Oxford United was their second team or they just said they didn't have the knowledge to talk about it. Which is absolutely fine, I get not everyone wants to talk. I can wholeheartedly say it wasn't a pop, I'm not like that with other fans and always give credit where due. The fans on here who spoke with me were absolutely spot on and nothing but helpful.

For what it's worth I said you were the better team, I predicted you would be the better team and I addressed this in my vlog and forum posts. Just look at it from my perspective, 4 hour drive almost, got caught in s**t weather, conceded a late winner and then when I wanted to engage with some people no one was up for it, i'll state again that's perfectly understandable, not everyone wants some wally approaching them with a camera, but that is why I may have came across negative.

In regards to the football itself you were comfortably the better side in the first half, second half I would say we edged it. I was envious of some of your players, Elliott Moore and Stephan Negru looked imperious at times, Marcus McGuane is comfortably the best player I've seen this season and the young lad Tyler Goodhram looks a real prospect. I am actually quite jealous of the quality you have.

Despite all the good advice I had on here in terms of location and where to go, I had some real life problems that prevented me getting to the game earlier and as a result I hit bad traffic so was in a real rush to get to the ground, I tried to get some clips in but it was after the game had ended and fans had dispersed, which lacked that match day feel as a result.

I am annoyed at myself for how easily words can get lost in translation or misinterpreted but I wasn't being disrespectful I can assure you. Well worth the 3 points and I wish you luck for the rest of the season (except when you play us :) )

On the return tie at ours I'll speak to some of yous and hopefully I won't be as rushed and as it will be travelling fans, I presume the engagement will be better.

Finally I'd like to say on the off chance the people I spoke to view this forum (only based on themselves saying they don't follow Oxford United religiously) you were still spot on to talk to and I appreciate the time of day regardless.

For anyone that wants to watch I have to say I didn't quite enjoy editing it as much, I really missed the fan engagement from both sets and that immensely adds to the vlog, I also missed your first goal as I was switching batteries (sods law) just wasn't a good day for it.

That's the video, appreciate any engagement, there's my reaction and your celebrations to your late winner and I hope again, on the return tie I can actually talk to some of you.

Hope that clears everything up

tl;dr:

- I'm not a footballing snob
- I agree with your fans that you deserve a ground in a better location
- Please put pitchforks down 😂
To find three separate groups that supposedly don’t follow / support Oxford, you’ve either been very selective in your selection, or it’s a bloggers cheap throwaway comment to try and increase their five minutes of fame / likes.

As we are not Chelsea and inundated with Nordique and Asian tourists with cameras and half and half scarves, I’m going for the latter and will be giving the vlog a miss as a consequence.

Slightly odd question, but anyone know why Nathan Cooper was not doing the stadium announcements? And who was doing it?
From the North Stand, you could barley hear what the guy was saying.
You'll be very glad to know that Nathan was on announcement duties at the Aylesbury Waterside Theatre for last night's performance of The Wiz.

Back
Top Bottom