Home Match Build Up 16/8/23 L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can we vote for anything other than a win after recent results and transfer activity:

Oxford United 2 - Charlton Athletic 1.

Fans really haven't got much to be complaining about at the moment the team are playing really well the board are backing the manager to hopefully bring us success.. so I understand people are on holiday I understand there is a cost of living crisis BUT if you can get yourself a ticket come and support the boys and hopefully cheer on another 3 points tomorrow and you never know we could be top of the league by the end of the day

Oh how exciting it is to be a yellow at the moment 💛💙

Ah yes, I forgot about the Methven connection!

Four wins in a row won't be easy but let's hope this little run of form continues.
Let’s not give that narcissistic no-mark the attention he so desperately craves! Traitor to the core.
Have voted for a Charlton win - voted for us to lose the last 3 so hoping to continue my crap prediction streak :cool:
I too am going for a Charlton win on similar lines. I.e. Having also gone for defeats before the last two games, and as those predictions have worked out wonderfully, why change a winning formula!

Last edited:
Charlton forum does not seem to positive about coming to us the way they have been playing etc but it can change super quick look at how we started. I on the other hand am getting that Oxford fan feeling we are going to do a Cambridge again as our good good runs always seem to come crashing down but this is manning and not KR and it's a new season we are bringing in quality and have a buzz about us playing with confidence keep it going yellows

Let’s not give that narcissistic no-mark the attention he so desperately craves! Traitor to the core.

I too am going for a Charlton win on similar lines. I.e. Having also gone for defeats before the last two games, and as those predictions have worked out wonderfully, why change a winning formula!
Same here was in the pub with derby fans before the game thinking we were going to lose just hoping it was not more than 3. Went into the barnsley game more positive but still expected a loss who wouldn't we alway lose there. Maybe its dangerous thinking in we may have a chance. I thought we would beat Cambridge easy so that is already a negative..

3-1 Yellows.

Up visiting for a lovely Bank Holiday weekend in the shire. My first match of the season. Bringing the fiancee, as she is called now, along with that spanking piece of jewelly weighing her hand down. I've told her to use the sparkle shining off that massive rock to put the opposition players off. If they miss a penalty towards the East Stand, you know who to thank.

I wanna see Negru and Brown as a cb pair
They worked well close together as left back and centre back I think they could be a good partnership

Beadle
Long Negru Brown Leigh
Brannagan Mcguane Rodridgues
Mills Harris Goodrham

I wanna see Negru and Brown as a cb pair
They worked well close together as left back and centre back I think they could be a good partnership

Beadle
Long Negru Brown Leigh
Brannagan Mcguane Rodridgues
Mills Harris Goodrham
I think I'd rather stick to a winning team obviously goodrham replaces Browne with Leigh on the bench but yeah I would go the same as last week and give Leigh 25-30 mins

I get your point but how could Liam Kelly be booked? You can’t see what he does?

It's certainly true that you can't see him when he's at the other side of the car, so you have to look at the wheels, tyres and wheel arches when he says he's finished. Before you pay him - small people can be very sneaky in my experience, little devils.

2nd January 2022.

That was the last time we recorded four successive league wins. (On that occasion we eventually won seven!) We won't get many better chances than tomorrow to record another four! Come on you yellows!

Back
Top Bottom