Away Match Day Thread 17/12/22: L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said the point against Wednesday was good but two points dropped.

However it’s the points dropped against Accy FGR Morecambe Lincoln Wycombe MK etc that will come back to haunt us.We do much better against teams that want to play.

From conversations I’ve had with people who were at the fans forum don’t expect many signings and if we do they will be loans rather than permanents so maybe the Board aren’t prepared to let KR be reckless with their money
Very true about the early season disasters and dropped points.
I don’t think January will see much action in the market; I certainly wouldn’t trust Robinson with much money to waste again - before we wave goodbye to him at the end of the season.

Stevens is no better than Eastwood, he let's in the same type of goals, doesn't command his area at all, I would rather keep Easty in and pray he stays fit, if it came to playing McGinty, we'll I don't think it would cost us promotion as I think we've left it too late anyway and he would get much needed experience.
Good post.

We are only 3 points behind Wycombe if we win are game in hand who are 7th how are people saying we can’t get promoted 🤣

TBF it is their fault if they let anybody be 'reckless with their money' as they should always have the final say.

Looking at yesterday's game and hoping that Kyle Joseph will be back sometime after Christmas, I am not sure that we need many signings?
I would like to see us keep Bate to the end of the season, see if we can offload Seddon and replace him ( even with a loan signing) get in a young striker and maybe a MF player as back up ( if any of the 3 main players are out for any length of time)
I expect that Smyth/ Jones will go out on loan.

Better to sell rather than keep them, it’s two squad places that could easily be filled with competition for established players

Alot of good signs with squad ,definately need a defensive midfielder a left back cover .Right back cover a striker who can hold it up and taller and stronger. Then Seddon ,mcginty ,Smyth and Jones out on loan a d Stevens back .Then we will have a fantastic 2nd part of the season 6 wins in a row absorbs of exciting things
Stevens back yes, McGinty out on loan the Stevens has to fight for the right to start as Easty is having a decent season

Better to sell rather than keep them, it’s two squad places that could easily be filled with competition for established players
You expect other clubs to pay for players who our manager has deemed to be not good enough for the bench against Accrington or Sutton Utd?
Good luck with that
His pernicious behaviour has wider costs than just demoralising whichever players are his latest targets for punishment

For any side in L1 a draw at Sheffield Wednesday is a really good point.
Plymouth and Ipswich, I suspect would be very pleased with a draw at Hillsborough.
A draw is definitely a good result, but given that we dominated the game, missed an open goal from a few yards out and had a penalty in the last minute, it’s still frustrating and disappointing…

You expect other clubs to pay for players who our manager has deemed to be not good enough for the bench against Accrington or Sutton Utd?
Good luck with that
His pernicious behaviour has wider costs than just demoralising whichever players are his latest targets for punishment

Got to admit i`m finding it really hard to believe that KR picks on players for the hell of it, honestly i think this
is a case of KR playing hardball with players that have been less professionel than KR expects, it might be harsh
but he runs a tight ship, and if you don`t follow the plan then you get frozen out for a while, sticking to his guns
to the point that we end up with things like a really strange bench at Exeter.

Don`t blame him for a second. Imagine that you are a manager/coach, when you talk to a player before they
sign they are told what the deal is, what is expected of them, they sign and then he turns up like he`s on a
holiday*, what do you do ? I guess you can give 1 warning and thats it, well thats how i would do it, i would
probably have my favourites too and that would be the players that stick to the plan**, anyone giving less than
100% either bucks up or stays frozen, and i dont think thats unreasonable. KR has a very specific way he wants to
play if players are not following the game plan then i can understand him playing hardball.

* No idea what he turned up like tbh as i just made this up, but it sounds more plausible than KR is some kind of
bully that everyone at the club including Mousinho are too afraid to talk about.

** Plan/vision

Got to admit i`m finding it really hard to believe that KR picks on players for the hell of it, honestly i think this
is a case of KR playing hardball with players that have been less professionel than KR expects, it might be harsh
but he runs a tight ship, and if you don`t follow the plan then you get frozen out for a while, sticking to his guns
to the point that we end up with things like a really strange bench at Exeter.

Don`t blame him for a second. Imagine that you are a manager/coach, when you talk to a player before they
sign they are told what the deal is, what is expected of them, they sign and then he turns up like he`s on a
holiday*, what do you do ? I guess you can give 1 warning and thats it, well thats how i would do it, i would
probably have my favourites too and that would be the players that stick to the plan**, anyone giving less than
100% either bucks up or stays frozen, and i dont think thats unreasonable. KR has a very specific way he wants to
play if players are not following the game plan then i can understand him playing hardball.

* No idea what he turned up like tbh as i just made this up, but it sounds more plausible than KR is some kind of
bully that everyone at the club including Mousinho are too afraid to talk about.

** Plan/vision

In theory that sounds plausible.

However, multiple ITKs have made it clear on numerous occassions that there is no bad attitude from said players and that they continue to conduct themselves appropriately.

Furthermore, they have indicated that this has been a historical issue with multiple other players.

Of course, you can choose not to believe them. But it would be an incredibly vindictive thing to assert if there was no truth to it.

In theory that sounds plausible.

However, multiple ITKs have made it clear on numerous occassions that there is no bad attitude from said players and that they continue to conduct themselves appropriately.

Furthermore, they have indicated that this has been a historical issue with multiple other players.

Of course, you can choose not to believe them. But it would be an incredibly vindictive thing to assert if there was no truth to it.

Well, i`m not close enough to the goings on at the club to say otherwise, so maybe they are right, i don`t know,
but Its not just bad attitude that could be a problem, i know of one player that didnt follow the game plan and got
frozen out for a little while, big Dan was probably another one that suffered because half of the time he was playing
in his own world, same could be said for Sykes at one time.

So, are the itk`ers close enough to know this kind of thing ? or are they getting info directly from the player, in which
case is the player actually saying i`m dropped because i dont listen ? Or are they being fed a sob story ? No idea.

Well, i`m not close enough to the goings on at the club to say otherwise, so maybe they are right, i don`t know,
but Its not just bad attitude that could be a problem, i know of one player that didnt follow the game plan and got
frozen out for a little while, big Dan was probably another one that suffered because half of the time he was playing
in his own world, same could be said for Sykes at one time.

So, are the itk`ers close enough to know this kind of thing ? or are they getting info directly from the player, in which
case is the player actually saying i`m dropped because i dont listen ? Or are they being fed a sob story ? No idea.
The best authority on this is KR
He refers to the players concerned as 'good lads' and has never questioned the attitude of any of those frozen out
Ironically the player with the worst 'big time' attitude at the club is one of his favourites who can do no wrong
It's just the way it is

The best authority on this is KR
He refers to the players concerned as 'good lads' and has never questioned the attitude of any of those frozen out
Ironically the player with the worst 'big time' attitude at the club is one of his favourites who can do no wrong
It's just the way it is
Im guessing that's either Browne, Murphy or dare I say it brannagan 🤔

This is all getting a bit gossip column. Footballers and Managers with egos? Who'd have guessed?!!! Having favourites or upsetting players who are not selected happens in every club and whilst it's not right and wouldn't happen in other industries, it's part and parcel of the game. However, the one advantage that Oxford players have is that the well respected chair of the PFA is there to observe this behaviour and can take forward any issues raised by the players formally. Also Tim Williams has been in attendance at the training ground since October and has an open door policy that allows every employee at the club to see him. I'm not suggesting for a second that things are perfect, but equally I don't think all of this tit for tat stuff helps either.

This is all getting a bit gossip column. Footballers and Managers with egos? Who'd have guessed?!!! Having favourites or upsetting players who are not selected happens in every club and whilst it's not right and wouldn't happen in other industries, it's part and parcel of the game. However, the one advantage that Oxford players have is that the well respected chair of the PFA is there to observe this behaviour and can take forward any issues raised by the players formally. Also Tim Williams has been in attendance at the training ground since October and has an open door policy that allows every employee at the club to see him. I'm not suggesting for a second that things are perfect, but equally I don't think all of this tit for tat stuff helps either.
Fair enough for the most part, there, Scotch. But wouldn’t the presence of Mous in and around the dressing room make it MORE difficult for players to voice any complaints about their treatment by Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom