Away Match Day Thread 19/02/2022 L1: Charlton Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
FL9GXRtWUAIYWSE

Everything tinged by sadness after yesterday's news, but a fantastic game of football from the lads.
Everything's been said already but just wanted to add a word for the subs yesterday as well. Obviously not a game where substitutions make a great deal of difference but they all seemed on their game. Brown in particular was very good I thought, especially after getting chucked on suddenly, and if Sam Winnall suddenly thinks he's Ronaldinho with the touches then more power to him.

Everything tinged by sadness after yesterday's news, but a fantastic game of football from the lads.
Everything's been said already but just wanted to add a word for the subs yesterday as well. Obviously not a game where substitutions make a great deal of difference but they all seemed on their game. Brown in particular was very good I thought, especially after getting chucked on suddenly, and if Sam Winnall suddenly thinks he's Ronaldinho with the touches then more power to him.

The cross field pass from Brown in the build up to Cam Bran's goal was a beauty.

The cross field pass from Brown in the build up to Cam Bran's goal was a beauty.
all four goals yesterday were good uns ...albeit in different ways

not seen any of the 3 'worldie' saves their keeper made in any of the highlights footage though

early days ... after one game with them both starting

but Baldock and Taylor could be the most deadly OUFC pairing since Aldrige and Hamilton
Agreed @Sarge , one swallow doesn’t make a summer but you could see by the way they were interacting that there is something good happening for this team. Taylor could work spaces that just wouldn’t be possible with him alone up top.

We looked like a Championship side yesterday .
Even at the back.

Charlton’s style of play was made for us; technically competent, like to get men forward but physically unimposing. We could have got seven. Again. Got to give MOTM to Whyte. He’s now maybe found a position which creates space for him. And when he has space he’s potentially unstoppable at this level.

Until 6 pm that was such a sweet football experience. Passionate support, atmospheric quality stadium, a real ‘all in it together’ experience. My less than regularly attending daughter and boyfriend said to me with five to go, ‘you know what dad this is just so much fun; when can we go again’

Ten seconds later Brannagan almost broke the back of the net with the fourth.

And then we got that news.

Football, it’s everything, but it’s nothing. But it’s capacity to really emotionally affect is always surprising. Such a sad weekend.

RIP Joey and deepest sympathies to his family.

COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom