Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that Reading have re-signed Shane Long today got me thinking - if we could re-sign one active player for purely nostalgic reasons, who would it be? I suppose Roofe and Baldock are the obvious choices?

Jerome Sinclair is the injection of nostalgia that this forum needs.

I wonder if we will look back on a January window in which we signed Marcus Browne and first saw Sam Baldock and Ciaron Brown in yellow as ‘very poor’

Time will tell

We didn't actually sign Sam Baldock in the January window - he was a February free agent signing! But we did also sign Oisin Smyth on deadline day.

I said it at the time, but it could turn out to have been a good long-term window. If Browne stays fit and Smyth turns out to be another Irish star, then it will have been.

As a short-term window i.e. setting us up for success last season, it was terrible. All we did was replace Thornily with Brown. Failing to bring in proper defensive midfield and defensive cover cost us a playoff place.

Doubt it was said after the game last night he won’t be training till Friday
Listening to LB-S’s post match interview last night (anyone know where Robbo was btw?) Sinclair might not even be ready for training on Friday. Sounds completely broken, as I guess we should expect after not kicking a ball for over a year 🤷‍♂️

Quality over quantity.
Do u mean short term or the remainder of the window?

We need quantity as well don’t we?

Both would be great but I’d take 7 or 8 B class signings over 3 or 4 A class, and a few E class to make up the numbers if that‘s the plan of what we’re getting?

Listening to LB-S’s post match interview last night (anyone know where Robbo was btw?) Sinclair might not even be ready for training on Friday. Sounds completely broken, as I guess we should expect after not kicking a ball for over a year 🤷‍♂️
Robinson was at the game.

Giving the starting 11 for Derby a run out tonight then...
To be honest, that 11 would beat over half of teams in this division and give the rest a run for their money.
It is of course well short of where we hoped or thought we would be...or indeed where we need to be.
It is also obviously not play-off standard.
With a few additions, life will still be good this season...

To be honest, that 11 would beat over half of teams in this division and give the rest a run for their money.
It is of course well short of where we hoped or thought we would be...or indeed where we need to be.
It is also obviously not play-off standard.
With a few additions, life will still be good this season...
That’s a good team as long as no one ever gets injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom