Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks smaller than Liam Kelly! But a very technical dribbler. Not seeing much final product though.

3 PL appearances last year for Leeds - against West Ham, Arsenal, and Chelsea. Played CM rather than DM in those games.
Smaller than Liam Kelly?! He'll defo be lost in amongst the blades of grass šŸ˜‚

b2055b9e8b510dea603a228cc80aee36.jpg

Gotta be the 11 for Saturday! [emoji97]

Gosh. Determined to be on the negative bus !!
Not at all! If anything Iā€™m guilty of perennially being a happy clapper. I just thought we were looking for athletes and more power in the middle of the pitch, and this guy, as technically excellent as he sounds, doesnā€™t look like that.

But as I say - I will, of course, reserve judgement until Iā€™ve actually seen him play a few games.

Or all those who lambasted KR ā€œfor having no plan Bā€.

In fairness, his playing style is not a whole lot different to what we have in the centre of midfield already. I wouldnā€™t describe him as a ā€˜plan Bā€™ signing at all.

Albeit, he is a very talented player who I think will flourish - if supporters remain patient with him.

Murphy must be getting closer to starting now? Him and Browne to supply some pace?

We do look better with Bate and Jones available, extra options.

In fairness, his playing style is not a whole lot different to what we have in the centre of midfield already. I wouldnā€™t describe him as a ā€˜plan Bā€™ signing at all.

Albeit, he is a very talented player who I think will flourish - if supporters remain patient with him.
Patient? Perish the thoughtšŸ™„

Plan B to Morton?

From my source

The money is available and has been all window, the board is supplying a top 4 budget this season.

The problems seem to be that Karl didn't know what system he wanted to play at the start of the window, he also outlined players but had no back up players for when his first targets went elsewhere. He spent around 10 days in Spain right when the transfer window opened and players returned to training, his lack of being able to board a plane and lack of a DOF doing deals over here cost us. We were relying on loanees from premier league sides who have gone down the route of sending that player elsewhere.
That is a really odd post.
NMcM and others have always said that the recruitment team have a number of options for every position.
The going on holiday jibe seems really unnecessary.
This just seems a bash KR post ( and I am not for one moment suggesting that everything has gone well- it clearly hasnt)

Ah yes, thatā€™s true and Iā€™d agree.

Wouldnā€™t say he will have the ability to alter our style of play though. Similar to what we have in the building.
I think he's a better progressive passer than what we have, which should be essential to getting Browne and Murphy on the ball in space in the final third.

Looks a potentially very decent signing.

Only concern would be how he handles the physicality of some of the bigger and more powerful sides in League One. Hopefully heā€™s good enough so that wonā€™t make a difference, but KR has said numerous times we need more strength and power.

Looking forward to seeing him play. Wonder if weā€™ll still look to sign another midfielder now, given he wonā€™t affect the squad cap as under 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom