Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

Controversial I know
But do we deserve the Board we have, they have pumped millions in, have started the process for a new ground and have given the Oxford public three very good seasons of attacking football and on average we have been getting close to 2000 extra home fans per game over the last 8 games or so
They must be severely underwhelmed by the response to Season Tickets
Plymouth 6000 Swindon 4000 Us 1000/1500
Have they chosen the wrong club to invest in?

The media launch, which is usually very good, could have featured families who attended for the first time this season but will now be looking at getting season tickets (and showing how these are affordable with the family stand and installment payments). They could have featured older fans who may not have got an ST last summer because of covid concerns but now feel safe enough to return. They could have featured lapsed ST holders or those who have returned in good numbers since Christmas.

I reckon I could do a job with our marketing team!! The last few updates on season tickets have been much better and hopefully a sign of more imaginative marketing moving forward.

Controversial I know
But do we deserve the Board we have, they have pumped millions in, have started the process for a new ground and have given the Oxford public three very good seasons of attacking football and on average we have been getting close to 2000 extra home fans per game over the last 8 games or so

No. We have had excellent season ticket support, especially over the last few years. There's no rush and we should never compare ourselves to no marks like them.

Controversial I know
new ST applicants/ puchasers are currently 'embargoed' from buying a ST ...... Monthly paid current ST holders get their salary either this week (or next) , with cost of living/ fuel/ energy / inflation rocketing, those who could previously pay 'there and then' for a ST, are perhaps now waiting for pay day, as heating, eating and fuel to get too n from work are more of a priority for some/many, perhaps?

Is it only a 4 month finance option?

Edit: just read its finance over 4 months or 10 months, which means over 10 months it's £35.90 for a new season ticket in the east stand. I was paying more a month for the basic sky TV package and decided to get a free sat box instead. I know the cost of living is going up but savings can be made everywhere these days, I suggest anyone who hasn't to go shopping at Lidl or Aldi, I was staggered at how much more you get for your money in there. PS I should rename my username to Martin Lewis. 😀

Funnily enough, i have just cancelled my SKY package today. It was £142 per month and by only keeping the Broadband i will be paying £26 per month. It's an incredible price for sub standard boxing bouts (that are not PPV), Norwich vs Burnley and women's Netball!

Controversial I know
Maybe after missing out the last 3 seasons, people are disappointed & lost a bit of faith.

Controversial I know

You say this as of the Board don’t have ulterior motives for investing in OUFC.

And thankfully so, as it should be win-win for all parties if it all comes together.

But if the Board were strictly thinking about the pros and cons of investing in a club based purely on the footballing side of things, they would never have turned up in the first place.

Funnily enough, i have just cancelled my SKY package today. It was £142 per month and by only keeping the Broadband i will be paying £26 per month. It's an incredible price for sub standard boxing bouts (that are not PPV), Norwich vs Burnley and women's Netball!
That is more than double the price I thought it was! We need more people to cancel their Sky subscriptions. I'll never forgive them for stealing our football, cricket and F1.

No. We have had excellent season ticket support, especially over the last few years. There's no rush and we should never compare ourselves to no marks like th
You say this as of the Board don’t have ulterior motives for investing in OUFC.

And thankfully so, as it should be win-win for all parties if it all comes together.

But if the Board were strictly thinking about the pros and cons of investing in a club based purely on the footballing side of things, they would never have turned up in the first place.
Correct me if im wrong but I thought I read over a week ago we had passed the 2000 mark

I’m just about to cancel my Sky TV package too but keep the broadband . My bill is currently £88 each month.

No. We have had excellent season ticket support, especially over the last few years. There's no rush and we should never compare ourselves to no marks like them.
As I say it would be controversial but, I was forgetting that general season tickets don’t go on sale to later. Having said that if we don’t get more than 1000 extra it has got to be seen as disappointing
Obviously if those 2000 extra home fans return but don’t have season tickets fair enough but the club have been doing well and I would have expected a season on season increase.
Does anybody have the Season Tickets sold for the past five years to see how they compare?

Sincerely hope they are here for all the right reasons and admit currently they have been pretty faultless in all aspects. However, with our history i will always now judge any owners after they have vacated the building . Only then do you see the full story of how many millions THEY have put in and not a debt saddled to the club.

That is more than double the price I thought it was! We need more people to cancel their Sky subscriptions. I'll never forgive them for stealing our football, cricket and F1.
Absolutely Bash
Football has been ruined since the advent of the Premier League and Sky were in the forefront of that.
Never ever forgave them for introducing a Reading v Swindon game as the South Midland derby

I was reading the other day on twitter about Pete Paphides and his late father's struggle to pay at a car park now that most are doing away with cash payments.

I can imagine things like this and digital match tickets, or Wycombe's "no-cash" ground, can be a challenge for elderly people, or people who choose not to go digital.

Perhaps they also feel that at their time in life, they've got by until now without smartphones and credit cards, and why change?

Maybe after missing out the last 3 seasons, people are disappointed & lost a bit of faith.
Why on earth do you think that?
4500 STs last year and the best crowds for decades.
The target was for 5000+ STs next season I think
I would put a bet on that STs are better than last seasons.

Do you really think that season ticket holders will choose this moment to lose faith after the history we've had?

Fortunately many of those buying season tickets are made of sterner stuff than some on here!
Absolute nonsense, I know people that supported oufc for years home & away .season ticket holders the whole caboodle,that won't give them the time of day now. Don't walk around so blind.

Why on earth do you think that?
4500 STs last year and the best crowds for decades.
The target was for 5000+ STs next season I think
I would put a bet on that STs are better than last seasons.
I didn't say I think that ,I said maybe!!.

Well, the new hospitality packages have been unveiled. The restaurant is now the "Atkinson Suite" and the 1893 club has become the "Britannia Lounge".

Trouble is, the club have decided that for the lounge, they want £450.00 extra on top of the season ticket price. For that you get a "pie of the day" on arrival, programme, team sheet and, wait for it, access to the cash bar and the toilets at half time! Woo hoo! However, if your season ticket is not in the SSU, tough. No access to the bar and lounge for you at half time. You will get one free pass to the restaurant though and a change of seat for that game.

No concessionary rates. No mention of dietary requirements. No tea/coffee at half time (unless you are in the restaurant) And, the lounge is a season long purchase, the restaurant is available on a game by game basis at £80.00 or £1500.00 for the season. (£50.00 for existing season ticket holders - no mention of how that affects those who upgrade to the Britannia)
I have already emailed @OUSP Secretary and @OxVox

Back
Top Bottom