Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

Well, the new hospitality packages have been unveiled. The restaurant is now the "Atkinson Suite" and the 1893 club has become the "Britannia Lounge".

Trouble is, the club have decided that for the lounge, they want £450.00 extra on top of the season ticket price. For that you get a "pie of the day" on arrival, programme, team sheet and, wait for it, access to the cash bar and the toilets at half time! Woo hoo! However, if your season ticket is not in the SSU, tough. No access to the bar and lounge for you at half time. You will get one free pass to the restaurant though and a change of seat for that game.

No concessionary rates. No mention of dietary requirements. No tea/coffee at half time (unless you are in the restaurant) And, the lounge is a season long purchase, the restaurant is available on a game by game basis at £80.00 or £1500.00 for the season. (£50.00 for existing season ticket holders - no mention of how that affects those who upgrade to the Britannia)
I have already emailed @OUSP Secretary and @OxVox

I can certainly see the frustrations regular attendees of the 1893 lounge may have with the new pricing structure.

What struck me was that the new offerings appear to be weighted towards commercial customers - businesses, friends of Sponsors etc. I’d be surprised if that was my more akin to the clubs target audience.

Certainly it doesn’t mean I agree necessarily but I think the commercial side is the people being targeted here.

Absolute nonsense, I know people that supported oufc for years home & away .season ticket holders the whole caboodle,that won't give them the time of day now. Don't walk around so blind.
Based on missing out this season?

If you're not down talking the stadium plans, you're down talking our supporters!

I know that some have their glasses naturally half full, but yours appears to not only be half full of P**s!

Based on missing out this season?

If you're not down talking the stadium plans, you're down talking our supporters!

I know that some have their glasses naturally half full, but yours appears to not only be half full of P**s!
And your full of S**T

I can certainly see the frustrations regular attendees of the 1893 lounge may have with the new pricing structure.

What struck me was that the new offerings appear to be weighted towards commercial customers - businesses, friends of Sponsors etc. I’d be surprised if that was my more akin to the clubs target audience.

Certainly it doesn’t mean I agree necessarily but I think the commercial side is the people being targeted here.
There is certainly a degree of targeting as the set up for the boxes has now been tweaked to include invites to business events however, the lounge was always a venue that provided warmth and a hot drink for those who found the cold weather to be heavy going. I have spoken to many 1893 club members who have looked forward to a return of the facility. This offer is a slap in the face for those who stood by the club when none of us could attend.
A quick comparison to previous seasons: 20/21 1893 club season ticket £675.00 21/22 SSU Premium £470.00 22/23 SSU Premium plus Lounge add on £950.00 (renewal rates) For that you get a pie but no tea/coffee. That's an increase of £275.00 over the 20/21 rate That's nearly £12.00 a game up to get a pie and lose tea/coffee.

There is certainly a degree of targeting as the set up for the boxes has now been tweaked to include invites to business events however, the lounge was always a venue that provided warmth and a hot drink for those who found the cold weather to be heavy going. I have spoken to many 1893 club members who have looked forward to a return of the facility. This offer is a slap in the face for those who stood by the club when none of us could attend.
A quick comparison to previous seasons: 20/21 1893 club season ticket £675.00 21/22 SSU Premium £470.00 22/23 SSU Premium plus Lounge add on £950.00 (renewal rates) For that you get a pie but no tea/coffee. That's an increase of £275.00 over the 20/21 rate That's nearly £12.00 a game up to get a pie and lose tea/coffee.

You've laid out the bare facts pretty well. Let us all know what OxVox and OUSP say.

Pathetic!! I haven't talked down the stadium plans, I have mentioned transport &travel &I haven't slagged the fans off neither. If people choose not to renew their season ticket, & not support Oxford no more what's that got to do with me. All i said was maybe, it was hyperthe Tical.

Maybe it's a really nice pie though?

The difficulty is that we all want better players on higher wages and longer contracts, but not want to pay extra to see them. Costs have been kept down as much as possible for most, but the corporate and high end packages have increased in order to subsidise the rest.

I've only used the old Manor Lounge once and wasn't all that impressed, but I get how it is an attractive option for some and understand their frustrations. But the facilities at the Kassam are limited and I can understand why we've made the best of the corporate facilities, and assume that there's sufficient demand to justify the change.

Absolute nonsense, I know people that supported oufc for years home & away .season ticket holders the whole caboodle,that won't give them the time of day now. Don't walk around so blind.
I have spoken to Man City fans who gave up and go to see local non league games.
There will always be those.
My suspicion ( based on crowds/ General interest) is that next season crowds will be up again and will be the highest since 1987.

I have spoken to Man City fans who gave up and go to see local non league games.
My suspicion ( based on crowds/ General interest) is that next season crowds will be up again and will be the highest since 1987.
Agreed, a lot that I know that don't bother is because of the k****m. Let's hope they come back especially in a new stadium. I only said maybe ,to a response to someone saying Plymouth 6 thousand season tickets & S*****n 4 thousand.Then get jumped on 😂

The difficulty is that we all want better players on higher wages and longer contracts, but not want to pay extra to see them. Costs have been kept down as much as possible for most, but the corporate and high end packages have increased in order to subsidise the rest.

I've only used the old Manor Lounge once and wasn't all that impressed, but I get how it is an attractive option for some and understand their frustrations. But the facilities at the Kassam are limited and I can understand why we've made the best of the corporate facilities, and assume that there's sufficient demand to justify the change.

I don't often agree with you, but i do agree that we are bound to expect a few price increases and the best way is to increase on the fans who it won't hit as hard in the pocket. All bills have gone up and I bet most people haven't even bat an eyelid at the likes of Sky, phone contracts, netflix putting up their prices . Some of the football I see last season was the best I've seen since the 90's and if we want the board to take us to the next level we need to get behind them and get through the turnstiles every game. OUFC are limited at the Kassam on what they can offer but the more fans that turn up now will mean better facilities such as supporters bar will likely be incorporated in to the new stadium.

I fully expected an increase in season ticket prices. I know very well that Firoka are difficult to deal with. I know for a fact that the club are inviting a lot more folk to attend games with the new stadium on the horizon. I also know very well what was said to 1893 club members over the past season and also how many of those members were upset at how little acknowledgment was given to their not asking for refunds of the 20/21 season. How many of them were, rightly, upset when the club advertised the restaurant package but declined to reinstate the 1893 club for the last season.

However, excusing this current rise in cost as the means to pay for better players on higher wages and longer contracts is disingenuous at the very least. To ask any supporter to fork out £450.00 a season for a pie and access to a warm room is disgusting.

I fully expected an increase in season ticket prices. I know very well that Firoka are difficult to deal with. I know for a fact that the club are inviting a lot more folk to attend games with the new stadium on the horizon. I also know very well what was said to 1893 club members over the past season and also how many of those members were upset at how little acknowledgment was given to their not asking for refunds of the 20/21 season. How many of them were, rightly, upset when the club advertised the restaurant package but declined to reinstate the 1893 club for the last season.

However, excusing this current rise in cost as the means to pay for better players on higher wages and longer contracts is disingenuous at the very least. To ask any supporter to fork out £450.00 a season for a pie and access to a warm room is disgusting.

There's nothing disingenuous about looking to offset increased costs by increasing revenue. That's basic business.

If we increase revenue through improved commercial engagement and sponsorship, whilst also keeping costs as low as possible for the vast majority of fans, then that's a good thing.

Why’s that then ? We’ve got the best team we’ve had for years

Can't be real fans if true. I would watch Oxford if they played at Barton Rec., I would suggest the ones blaming the Kassam era and the Kassam stadium for not attending to not bother returning at Stratfield Brake ! We don't need you as there is plenty of youngsters coming through who will stick with the club through thick and thin.

Agreed, a lot that I know that don't bother is because of the k****m. Let's hope they come back especially in a new stadium. I only said maybe ,to a response to someone saying Plymouth 6 thousand season tickets & S*****n 4 thousand.Then get jumped on
Loads of reasons fell out of love with the modern game, the k****m stadium, financial reasons, falling out with people within the club .Just to name a few reasons.some are Fairweather supporters now some away only. These people were season ticket holders for years home &away. Members of the old London road club, supporters club , the old manor club above the old changing rooms etc etc.i suppose most teams are the same,I know our home support is on the increase, & long may it continue into the new stadium.People like ,over the top Mr positive Scott Chegg can't see it.

Agreed, a lot that I know that don't bother is because of the k****m. Let's hope they come back especially in a new stadium. I only said maybe ,to a response to someone saying Plymouth 6 thousand season tickets & S*****n 4 thousand.Then get jumped on

Loads of reasons fell out of love with the modern game, the k****m stadium, financial reasons, falling out with people within the club .Just to name a few reasons.some are Fairweather supporters now some away only. These people were season ticket holders for years home &away. Members of the old London road club, supporters club , the old manor club above the old changing rooms etc etc.i suppose most teams are the same,I know our home support is on the increase, & long may it continue into the new stadium.People like ,over the top Mr positive Scott Chegg can't see it.
So nothing to do with just missing out on promotion over the last three years?!

Can't be real fans if true. I would watch Oxford if they played at Barton Rec., I would suggest the ones blaming the Kassam era and the Kassam stadium for not attending to not bother returning at Stratfield Brake ! We don't need you as there is plenty of youngsters coming through who will stick with the club through thick and thin.
Trust me they did,all of what your saying

There's nothing disingenuous about looking to offset increased costs by increasing revenue. That's basic business.

If we increase revenue through improved commercial engagement and sponsorship, whilst also keeping costs as low as possible for the vast majority of fans, then that's a good thing.
Not a good thing though if you P**s off loyal and long-standing fans with what looks like a crazy offer if it is basically £12 a game for a pie and a bit of warmth!

Back
Top Bottom