Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

There's nothing disingenuous about looking to offset increased costs by increasing revenue. That's basic business.

If we increase revenue through improved commercial engagement and sponsorship, whilst also keeping costs as low as possible for the vast majority of fans, then that's a good thing.
So penalise some loyal support in favour of everyone else? That makes me feel so much better about forking out £12.00 a game for a pie I don't necessarily want, on top of my normal season ticket.

There's nothing disingenuous about looking to offset increased costs by increasing revenue. That's basic business.

If we increase revenue through improved commercial engagement and sponsorship, whilst also keeping costs as low as possible for the vast majority of fans, then that's a good thing.
Do you not see the basis of a pattern building here, if current fans are being asked to fork out such amounts, then does it not follow that the new place will be aimed at the prawn sandwich brigade and the currrent / everyday standard fan will be priced out.

Those corporate clients will not give a moments thought to squad places and you surprise me by suggesting current fans should be content to swallow such an extortionate rate on the basis of potential better players coming through the building, none of which they have any input by the way and it guarantees nothing going forward.

Penalise a couple of hundred loyal supports or several thousand? Ideally no one would be paying more, but most of us would argue that taxing the highest earners to save the burden on the lowest earners is a good thing. Its the same principle here.

Last edited:
Trust me they did,all of what your saying
They was very loyal, you think every youngster is going to stick to it for life . I bet you must know someone that used to go all the time ,that don't now.If not you will.

Do you not see the basis of a pattern building here, if current fans are being asked to fork out such amounts, then does it not follow that the new place will be aimed at the prawn sandwich brigade and the currrent / everyday standard fan will be priced out.

Those corporate clients will not give a moments thought to squad places and you surprise me by suggesting current fans should be content to swallow such an extortionate rate on the basis of potential better players coming through the building, none of which they have any input by the way and it guarantees nothing going forward.

No, I don't think that the club is turning its back on everyday fans. The exact opposite in fact. Several thousand fans will have the opportunity to watch excellent football next season at barely any increase in cost, despite huge increases in utility costs amongst other things. Those who are more able to will be able to offset these increased costs with a minimal impact on the wider fan group.

It's not fair to those who miss out, and I'm sure that the club would have thought long and hard before increasing costs. But they would only do this if it was both necessary and likely to have a good uptake.

Penalise a couple of hundred loyal supports or several thousand? Ideally no one would be paying more, but most of us would argue that taxing the highest earners to save the burden on the lost earners is a good thing. Its the same principle here.
Penalise really?

No, I don't think that the club is turning its back on everyday fans. The exact opposite in fact. Several thousand fans will have the opportunity to watch excellent football next season at barely any increase in cost, despite huge increases in utility costs amongst other things. Those who are more able to will be able to offset these increased costs with a minimal impact on the wider fan group.

It's not fair to those who miss out, and I'm sure that the club would have thought long and hard before increasing costs. But they would only do this if it was both necessary and likely to have a good uptake.
Prawn Sandwich Brigade

a % increase pro rata hits a persons pocket regardless of status

Penalise a couple of hundred loyal supports or several thousand? Ideally no one would be paying more, but most of us would argue that taxing the highest earners to save the burden on the lowest earners is a good thing. Its the same principle here.
What makes you consider all of the one time 1893 club members as being the highest earners? I've just spoken to two ex members who will not be taking the add on. They, like myself, do not consider it value for money. I know many more who are not in the slightest way wealthy or high earners. They have always looked at the lounge packages as a way of getting some comfort at a game while watching the club they have followed for more years than you have been alive.

This misconception of 1893 club members being all corporate, wealthy, elite types is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I would be really interested to know why fans won’t go to Grenoble Road
If it is their hatred if K****m I would genuinely ask them to think about a couple of points
1. If they are true fans and love the club I assume they attend away games and cheer on the lads
2. By not coming to home games we are losing revenue and that isn’t helping the club
3. At the moment we are being run by the best Board we have had in decades and they have a vision for the future. Please come along and be part of that.

As I say if there is anyone on here who won’t go or know of fans who won’t go please let us know the reasons

My belief is that there are many people who won’t go and say it’s because of K****m but in reality they only went to the Manor a few times. Hope I’m wrong about that

I would be really interested to know why fans won’t go to Grenoble Road
If it is their hatred if K****m I would genuinely ask them to think about a couple of points
1. If they are true fans and love the club I assume they attend away games and cheer on the lads
2. By not coming to home games we are losing revenue and that isn’t helping the club
3. At the moment we are being run by the best Board we have had in decades and they have a vision for the future. Please come along and be part of that.

As I say if there is anyone on here who won’t go or know of fans who won’t go please let us know the reasons

My belief is that there are many people who won’t go and say it’s because of K****m but in reality they only went to the Manor a few times. Hope I’m wrong about that
No your wrong I'm afraid.The ones I know we're regulars. Some that has never been to the k****m because the manor was the one &only &that is that.others & it's many ,is I'm not going up there &paying to line that robbing t***.That is the most popular one I hear time &again for years. Some go away though, but it lines the other clubs pockets I suppose. Ivan gaurentee some of the younger fans won't want to go s/b as it's all they know.Especially if your a leyser ,little more &what not

I was interested to find out what upgrades the club might offer next season to my usual ST. I am frivolous with my cash especially when it comes to OUFC, but I am no idiot, the price of that pie offer is extortionate. Cold P**s for me again

I was interested to find out what upgrades the club might offer next season to my usual ST. I am frivolous with my cash especially when it comes to OUFC, but I am no idiot, the price of that pie offer is extortionate. Cold P**s for me again
The pie must come wrapped in a five pound note.

That's the only way I can make sense of the pie offer.

By Your analogy they (the owners) could swallow the increase as they've more money than any of us.

By Your analogy they (the owners) could swallow the increase as they've more money than any of us.

That's true, but the intention has always been to run the clubs as sustainably as possible and to spend income that's self generated. Personally I'd rather have that for the long term future of our club rather than a free pie!

That's true, but the intention has always been to run the clubs as sustainably as possible and to spend income that's self generated. Personally I'd rather have that for the long term future of our club rather than a free pie!
Where's this free pie coming from?
As it stands at the moment the club has priced out several fans. Treating your customers like cash cows is not sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom