Away Match Day Thread 21/5/2021 Playoff L1 Blackpool FC V OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that his mentality, where did you get that from?

We certainly didn't have that mentality in the previous season. In the 19/20 seson we beat Ipswich, Peterborough (twice), Wycombe, Rotherham, West Ham and drew with Pompey (3 times), Coventry, Sunderland (twice), Ipswich, Millwall.
Robbo himself said you don’t have to beat the better teams to get in the playoffs.

And there was I thinking it was women who didn’t understand the offside rule. Should have been two red cards for your team at ours and cry baby husband should have been booked. Last night Turton should have had two yellows. It’s all ifs and but s and we move on you’re in the final if your playing Sunderland then may then cry with another defeat if it’s Lincoln May the best team win.
Just for the record….

A deflection off a defending players backside or back IS offside, if the attacking team gain advantage.

For it NOT to be offside, it has to be a deliberate pass by the defending side.

Here to help!

Just for the record….

A deflection off a defending players backside or back IS offside, if the attacking team gain advantage.

For it NOT to be offside, it has to be a deliberate pass by the defending side.

Here to help!
Then how come Dembele’s goal for Peterborough stood? And why was Henry not flagged for offside…..maybe he wasn’t classed as offside.

I think there's probably been a shift, but I can't really put my finger on why. In previous seasons we beat the bigger sides but failed against the ones lower down. We always looked pretty good against the better performing sides because they played in an expansive way that we could exploit, but then struggled against the sides that sat back and were physical.

This season though there's been a tilt shift, where we can blow away teams lower down, normally with a goal in the first quarter of the game helping us on our way. But with that we've completely lost the ability to beat the bigger sides. We're too exposed defensively, don't have enough experience in the back line and in the team in general to coach us through the difficult games, and the opposition seem to have the number on our wingers like Barker and Lee. Neutralise that threat whilst taking changes at the other end with high-pressing and counter-attacking and you've found a way to beat us.

That may just be a quirk of the squad make up, injuries etc between the 2 seasons. That really isn't the mentality of the coach though. The bonus being the younger players will have another season's experience now.

Robbo himself said you don’t have to beat the better teams to get in the playoffs.

Then he was right as we got into the play offs. And one comment (at a guess when asked a question about playing the top sides) in an interview is hardly definitive of the manager's mentality especially when they've made many other comments!

Last edited:
Not the thread for this, mask shagger…
Fair enough. (Mask shagger! 🤣)
Happy to discuss. Possibly not in this thread. The scientific guidance is that if you’re vaccinated you are safe both to yourself snd to others. It’s more about making others feel comfortable around you who haven’t.

Theres no mask requirement where I live anymore and it’s not seen any rise in cases. I still wear a mask out of default respect for shop/hospitality workers but that’s a choice.

I understand that in the UK you’re still feeling your way out of lockdown so there’s still an element of psychological fear of the unknown

As said by yourself and LSB, not the thread for this. Apologies.

We didn`t gain an advantage so they weren`t offside, had one of them buried it then they would have been..........................

This could run... not that it matters....

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.
:)

We didn`t gain an advantage so they weren`t offside, had one of them buried it then they would have been..........................

This could run... not that it matters....
Advantage is receiving or touching the ball, not the outcome of touching the ball.

It does matter, as I think referees get enough stick and sometimes very deservedly, but they shouldn’t get stick for enforcing the correct law.

You weren’t all spread out there was quite a large group not following social distancing and we’re not wearing masks which was a prerequisite for the return of fans.
Onto the game if we had played the 1st leg like we did last night the game might have been a lot tighter but fare play to Blackpool and good luck in the final if it’s Sunderland you play I hope you smash them but if it’s Lincoln then may the best team win.
Thanks.

There was some in the east (the different looking stand) a bit closer together, maybe 25-50 tops.

The rest were spread out socially distanced and most near me wore masks although there was some taking them off. You cant breathe chanting for 90 mins easily.

Again you go past pubs and people are allowed to sit right next to each other outside so it makes no sense, this will have been safer than that. If its safe for pubs its safe for anywhere.

There is minimal risk outside.

You can see on this video most were spread apart or in their ST family groups.

Cheers for writing 200 words on how quick your strikers are. Literally none of us care.
You cared enough to reply was replying to someone else, only came on here to put a different view around and say I think your a decent side who play the right way.

No idea - but Football Law is very clear on this and uses the word ‘deliberate’.

I guess in that case it comes down to whether the officials consider he made a deliberate move to block the ball.

I can’t actually recall the movement of the Blackpool player before the deflection though.

Still illegal and issues have been put in place to make sure that we can all return safely to our door sports. But if people want to be idiots and we have another spike and further lockdowns are put in place the lower leaflets won’t survive. It’s common sense really but as there a lot of people who don’t have any hope they don’t creybud we are in lockdown again especially if clubs go out of business.
but who knows after that shambolic organisation in part of the Blackpool ground last night the EFL May act.
Oh don't cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom