Home Match Day Thread 23/09/2023 L1: OUFC v Exeter City

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not going to be easy today. Exeter are flying, we will have to be good in all departments.
But I feel an exciting match coming on which we will win by 1 goal.

F6aqXzBWwAAk2wB

Tough one
Exeter will be smarting after conceding 9 midweek
They are a good side and shouldn’t be underestimated. Will be different to Port Vsle though as I expect them to be more adventurous
Can’t get to this one but will be cheering the lads on from Mojacar in Spain

Saw them play Pompey as was impressed with them. Pompey had a lot of possession but Exeter really restricted them to mainly half chances. They looked very quick out wide and broke very quickly and deserved their point at Fratton Park.
Tough game today. Won't be much in it. 1:0 or more likely 2:1 to the mighty yellows.

Just don't lose keep up the good work , hit them on the counter will almost certainly be the way we will score a big game for Rodriguez today if he gets space to open them up we will win.

Looking at their results, they’ve beaten, Wycombe, Carlisle, Reading, Burton and Cheltenham. Drawn with Blackpool and lost to Pompey and Orient..
They’ve had what I would say is an easy start to the season.
I’m confident we will win.

Last edited:
Exeter got smashed in the week so it’s rare you’ll see a side come out and concede numerous goals again immediately after - their focus will be on a clean sheet.

So this game worries me slightly in that we are notoriously frustrated by teams that are motivated by a draw.

Teams that go up tend to need a few nervy wins settled by a set piece goal. I fancy that today.

1-0 and, dare I say, Sam Long to do it.

We haven’t drawn yet, it’s 14 games since we had a draw and with it being two good teams in what will probably be a tight game the law of averages suggests today could be the day for one.

I don't know much about Exeter's 'brand'' of playing style, hopefully they are expansive and we can exploit the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom