Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, today of all days isn't the time to drag up pointless gripes about Robinson? No one would complain about planning rubbish for 85 minutes before getting a late winner. It's all about the result. And a season is 46 games. I couldn't give a shiny s**t that we spent THREE days in the playoff positions and Portsmouth were there for months. The bottom line is that we are in the playoffs for the second season running, in great form and scoring for fun. We're 3 games from the Championship and Robinson deserves as much credit for that as anyone.

Surely, today of all days isn't the time to drag up pointless gripes about Robinson? No one would complain about planning rubbish for 85 minutes before getting a late winner. It's all about the result. And a season is 46 games. I couldn't give a shiny s**t that we spent THREE days in the playoff positions and Portsmouth were there for months. The bottom line is that we are in the playoffs for the second season running, in great form and scoring for fun. We're 3 games from the Championship and Robinson deserves as much credit for that as anyone.
Sorry, it’s my fault, I genuinely didn’t mean to start a bundle but just remarked that the anti KR people had been quiet. Sorry. Ignore me, if you aren’t already.

Sorry, it’s my fault, I genuinely didn’t mean to start a bundle but just remarked that the anti KR people had been quiet. Sorry. Ignore me, if you aren’t already.
yes but dont make that point as its not fair and those people havent got a leg to stand on.

game after game of over reaction from these people, from relegation fight to midtable and not good enough.

Accrington Stanley. Who are they ?. They certainly found out today in Portsmouth as have a lot of other clubs including ourselves who thought it was a guaranteed three points. I believe most of us thought we would win here at Easter.
All credit to Burton who made it hard for us today as well.

Accrington Stanley. Who are they ?. They certainly found out today in Portsmouth as have a lot of other clubs including ourselves who thought it was a guaranteed three points. I believe most of us thought we would win here at Easter.
All credit to Burton who made it hard for us today as well.
Burton made it hard for me today as well! So did Accrington…

Still can't believe we made it. 15 games in we were in this position. 31 games later we gained a staggering 59 more points with a ppg of 1.9. Now if only we started better and continued that 1.9 ppg for the first 15 gamea we would of ended up with 88 points and auto's

Just proves its not over to its mathematically impossible.

There’s something very very wrong with the P/W/L/D columns

Had to miss the most important game so far. Party that started at 1pm and finished by getting home at just before 12. Managed to avoid everything to do with the footy today. The misses did me a favour by going to SKY Sports league One highlights on the lap top (without mentioning the score) First up OUFC V Burton. 4-0. Next up Pompey V Accrington. 0-1 !! Accy keeper played a blinder! So we have done it. Cannot believe it. Well done to everyone at OUFC so pleased for all. Going to finish off a great day by visiting the Pompey forum meltdown :ROFLMAO: Over the moon!

OUFCX

If it wasnt for some pretty wayward shooting we could have had a criicket score. Jack only had to make one proper save. That was one of our best performances of the season everybody was excellent but I thought Lee showed what a difference he can make when up to speed and Sykes is just getting better and better. Cambran just awesome right back to his best.

Before I forget, again, a word for the subs coming on today as well. We have criticised (rightly) the changes sometimes, but every one of them was rock solid yesterday. They look like they might be needed in the playoffs from the beginning as well so it's good to see. Winnall's finish too, some goal that!

There was a post on here from a Portmouth fan just before the play-off last year talking about how many times Oxford had messed up theit promotion chances over the years. It was linked to a blog thst described the 5-5 draw and some other occasions that I have forgotten about. Does anyone have a link to the post or blog. It would be a good read but needs an update!

Woken up still buzzing!
I work in Reading and a couple of their fans so i really want us to go up this year!
We played immensely yesterday, just hope Longy isn't out as he's been a rock!
COYY

I am hearing that the ko for the home semi will be 6.00pm. Not not great for people working on that day outside of the county. Why not revert back to 7.45 if fans are involved. They will not doubt ask us to arrive earlier than usual because of Covis checks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom