Home Match Day Thread 9/5/2021 L1 OUFC v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hearing that the ko for the home semi will be 6.00pm. Not not great for people working on that day outside of the county. Why not revert back to 7.45 if fans are involved. They will not doubt ask us to arrive earlier than usual because of Covis checks as well.
KO times wont change. It is on Sky.

I am hearing that the ko for the home semi will be 6.00pm. Not not great for people working on that day outside of the county. Why not revert back to 7.45 if fans are involved. They will not doubt ask us to arrive earlier than usual because of Covis checks as well.
Yep definitely will be 6pm, it's been set that way for a while. Second leg on Friday will be a 7.45pm though.

In all of the playoff excitement I think there's been an underappreciation for the fact that a team who hadn't lost away from home in several months came to the Kassam - and we utterly battered them on every blade of grass. Burton looked like a decent side, and we put 4 past them with no reply, and probably should have had more, all while under the pressure of knowing only a win would give us the chance of the playoffs. The players and staff are all playing for each other and for the badge, and I think I'm actually more confident this season than last season in our chances.

In all of the playoff excitement I think there's been an underappreciation for the fact that a team who hadn't lost away from home in several months came to the Kassam - and we utterly battered them on every blade of grass. Burton looked like a decent side, and we put 4 past them with no reply, and probably should have had more, all while under the pressure of knowing only a win would give us the chance of the playoffs. The players and staff are all playing for each other and for the badge, and I think I'm actually more confident this season than last season in our chances.

Think the whole team looked relaxed and well drilled as to exactly what was required of them yesterday.

As has been said before by other posters, it’s all very well being in the playoffs but the momentum and confidence you have going into them is so very important too.

We have ticked all those boxes. Hopefully those injuries yesterday will not dampen our spirits too much.

Think the whole team looked relaxed and well drilled as to exactly what was required of them yesterday.

As has been said before by other posters, it’s all very well being in the playoffs but the momentum and confidence you have going into them is so very important too.

We have ticked all those boxes. Hopefully those injuries yesterday will not dampen our spirits too much.

They did looked very composed, but when I did see Shodipo on the team sheet I was concerned, I said to my wife I hope he plays like he did when he first came here. My concern was very short lived and Shodipo did good.

Burton gave us space, and we’ll murder any team that does that. Blackpool beat us by closing down very doggedly, which we don’t cope with well. If we can find a way to deal with that approach id be pretty confident

Burton gave us space, and we’ll murder any team that does that. Blackpool beat us by closing down very doggedly, which we don’t cope with well. If we can find a way to deal with that approach id be pretty confident

I'd like to think that Blackpool will be just as concerned with trying to deal with our approach. There are not many teams who can cope with us breaking with pace and power and scoring potentials throughout the team. We're a very different side to the one Blackpool played before and we have no reason to fear them anymore than they need to fear us.

I'd like to think that Blackpool will be just as concerned with trying to deal with our approach. There are not many teams who can cope with us breaking with pace and power and scoring potentials throughout the team. We're a very different side to the one Blackpool played before and we have no reason to fear them anymore than they need to fear us.
I hope so. They were very effective against us but I'm not sure we had Brannagan in the deep position for both matches? Or at least when they beat us it was while we were still working out how to play without Gorrin. Missing Sam will make it harder for us to get out of their press, but looking forward to it!

There is some talk on the Pompey forum that some of their players were involved in a fight last night and Curtis was arrested..
From Lauren’s video it looked like they were getting ready for thst sort of night! You’d never get sensible Sam and Josh doing that.

The pompey fans on the various excuses for forums they have (am I missing something - do they have a proper forum somewhere?) seem quite precious. Why on earth shouldn't their players be going on the lash after ending their season like that? Are they supposed to do a GoT-style walk of atonement through the town centre or something?

The pompey fans on the various excuses for forums they have (am I missing something - do they have a proper forum somewhere?) seem quite precious. Why on earth shouldn't their players be going on the lash after ending their season like that? Are they supposed to do a GoT-style walk of atonement through the town centre or something?
I think given the fact they have massively underachieved this season, it would be best they kept it off of social media. It’s the same as my boss seeing me out on the P**s, acting like I don’t have a care in the world, despite missing target by 50k - again. No one is begrudging them the chance to go out on the lash, but as with most things in life, it’s about perception. I wouldn’t be very happy if I saw our players behaving like that.

Did anyone else get the impression that Robbo is frustrated being a selling club? Not sure if I’m reading too much into his post match interview but sounds like he’s frustrated that we always sell our best players?! Obviously its frustrating but at least it means we’re solvent. We don’t have a rich Saudi backer so that’s the reality and challenge to achieve promotion.

Surely, today of all days isn't the time to drag up pointless gripes about Robinson? No one would complain about planning rubbish for 85 minutes before getting a late winner. It's all about the result. And a season is 46 games. I couldn't give a shiny s**t that we spent THREE days in the playoff positions and Portsmouth were there for months. The bottom line is that we are in the playoffs for the second season running, in great form and scoring for fun. We're 3 games from the Championship and Robinson deserves as much credit for that as anyone.
Agree 100%

Whilst I agree with the point about players going out, maybe doing it on the night you've just failed badly very publically and posting about it on social media is very dim.

It is possible to have a quiet drink and then go on the lash another night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom