General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, round and round in circles we go!

In the most simple of terms, here it is.

OUFC has issued shares to a total nominal value of GBP 5,070,527. Over 99% of these shares are owned by Oxford Investment Holding Pte. Ltd. (the Singapore Holding Company). Therefore OUFC is owned by OIH Pte. Ltd.

OIH Pte. Ltd. has issued 15,610,414 shares and approximately 80% of these are owned by Horst Geike, Anandya Bakrie, and Erick Thohir. Tiger owns approximately 13% and his mate Pairoj owns approximately 7%, although the latter two are understood to be reducing their shareholding in favour of Horst, Anandya, and Erick shortly.

Therefore OIH Pte. Ltd. is owned by Horst, Anandya and Erick, who in turn own OUFC.

Please don't ask me to explain it again, as that's it in black and white, and if people don't understand it then that's their problem. Also please don't ask me why they have or have not made formal announcements, or when the next announcement will be made, as I'm not their PA and don't know. But hopefully this information (which is all in the public domain, if you know how and where to look) will stop people asking the same question over and over again.

Last edited:

OUFC has issued shares to a total nominal value of GBP 5,070,527. Over 99% of these shares are owned by Oxford Investment Holding Pte. Ltd. (the Singapore Holding Company). Therefore OUFC is owned by OIH Pte. Ltd.

OIH Pte. Ltd. has issued 15,610,414 shares and approximately 80% of these are owned by Horst Geike, Anandya Barrie, and Erick Thohir. Tiger owns approximately 13% and his mate Pairoj owns approximately 7%, although the latter two are understood to be reducing their shareholding in favour of Horst, Anandya, and Erick shortly.

Therefore OIH Pte. Ltd. is owned by Horst, Anandya and Erick, who in turn own OUFC.

Please don't ask me to explain it again, as that's it in black and white, and if people don't understand it then that's their problem. Also please don't ask me why they have or have not made formal announcements, or when the next announcement will be made, as I'm not their PA and don't know. But hopefully this information (which is all in the public domain, if you know how and where to look) will stop people asking the same question over and over again.

Gotta love that optimism!

There is also a debate going on about the growing influence of Americans in UK football. Todd Boehly (Chelsea owner) has already started talk of a North vs South "All Star" game, a relegation play-off, and I don't think he has dismissed the European Super League either.
Not sure how a North vs South "All Star" game would work in practice. For starters, when Brannagan gets called up, does he play for the South because of being an Oxford player, or the North because he's a Manchester lad?

Destined to fail, that one.

Not sure how a North vs South "All Star" game would work in practice. For starters, when Brannagan gets called up, does he play for the South because of being an Oxford player, or the North because he's a Manchester lad?

Destined to fail, that one.

And an East vs West split would be much better anyway.

I'd be all over that.

Yeah but an all star game has the backing of former top baller and intellectual heavyweight Rio Ferdinand so why not? Just because it’s a s**t idea doesn’t mean it won’t happen, if there is a couple of quid in it the US owners in the prem will be all for it.

OIH Pte. Ltd. has issued 15,610,414 shares and approximately 80% of these are owned by Horst Geike, Anandya Barrie, and Erick Thohir. Tiger owns approximately 13% and his mate Pairoj owns approximately 7%, although the latter two are understood to be reducing their shareholding in favour of Horst, Anandya, and Erick shortly.

Colin
Thank you, I don’t think any of what you have said is in dispute, well not from me anyway.
As you say you are not their PA but I feel it would be great to hear from them and explain where we are on the stadium plans, and what they want to see on the pitch
It is a year since we heard from Mr Bakrie and that is a long time not to hear from the owner of our football club. Even you must agree on that
Personally I still think we won’t hear anything until SB decision

And an East vs West split would be much better anyway.

I'd be all over that.
Wouldn’t that split Oxfordshire down the middle? Do we really want to reignite the war between Wallingford and Witney?

Wouldn’t that split Oxfordshire down the middle? Do we really want to reignite the war between Wallingford and Witney?
Or Henley and Chipping Norton...

Bojo v Clarkson.

Actually, there's probably an Amazon/Netflix mini-series already in production....

Colin
Thank you, I don’t think any of what you have said is in dispute, well not from me anyway.
As you say you are not their PA but I feel it would be great to hear from them and explain where we are on the stadium plans, and what they want to see on the pitch
It is a year since we heard from Mr Bakrie and that is a long time not to hear from the owner of our football club. Even you must agree on that
Personally I still think we won’t hear anything until SB decision
Maybe they see Karl as their conduit. The ideal personality to be the focal point and figurehead of all things relating to OUFC, so he can relay all of their plans and ambitions in his own unique, cheeky and humorous way? Maybe that’s the infrastructure they want…?

Hey I’m just hypothesising, don’t shoot the messenger… 🤷🏻‍♂️

So why no announcement from the EFL? No one is disputing what you’re saying Colin but why no announcement?

Maybe they see Karl as their conduit. The ideal personality to be the focal point and figurehead of all things relating to OUFC, so he can relay all of their plans and ambitions in his own unique, cheeky and humorous way? Maybe that’s the infrastructure they want…?

Hey I’m just hypothesising, don’t shoot the messenger… 🤷🏻‍♂️
There is some truth in that, but I still find it odd that the owner/owners of this great club haven’t been heard from directly for a year.
I know they are not in the country much but there are ways to communicate with the fan base.
For instance at the end of the season a big thank you to the fans for their loyal support, didn’t quite make the playoffs but will be looking to do better. An incentive to get those extra fans we got to become season ticket holders and a little more info on SB
Not much to ask, but there have been other posters including Colin who have said advertising/ communication isn’t all it should be

So why no announcement from the EFL? No one is disputing what you’re saying Colin but why no announcement?
The EFL don't make the announcements Baz, the clubs do, and as I've said I'm not their PA. I could guess that they're waiting until the last share transfers in the holding company go through, but I'd only be speculating.

I would agree with what @The mighty Aldo says above though, that communications out of the club have not been very good over the last few months in particular, and probably over a longer period, if we're being critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom