General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I've looked and it says, on https://www.oufc.co.uk/company-details

Oxford United Ownership:
Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, Horst Geicke, Supranee Piamph, Erick Thohir and Anindya Bakrie own more than 10% of Oxford United Football Club Limited shares.

Does that answer peoples' question? Does it count as an "announcement"?

I was just listening to Price of Football pod talking about Burnley's ownership, and how it is obscured through levels of ownership. It also said that the league requires all clubs to have a clear and unambiguous statement of who owns them on their website. I haven't had a check of the OWS yet ...

1663232958979.png

And now I've looked and it says, on https://www.oufc.co.uk/company-details

Oxford United Ownership:
Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth, Horst Geicke, Supranee Piamph, Erick Thohir and Anindya Bakrie own more than 10% of Oxford United Football Club Limited shares.

Does that answer peoples' question? Does it count as an "announcement"?
Just need them to come out and say they own the club and it’s been ratified and approved by the EFL

Just need them to come out and say they own the club and it’s been ratified and approved by the EFL
I don't completely understand what bit of putting the ownership on the website to satisfy the rules of the EFL doesn't meet that demand.

I don't completely understand what bit of putting the ownership on the website to satisfy the rules of the EFL doesn't meet that demand.
Why hasn’t it been announced if on paper it shows them as the owners, why hasn’t it been announced?
Is there an issue/problem?

Those "true believers" will say everything is fine based on planning approval and SB going ahead and the board getting a great ROI.

Some of us really want to believe the same, but the shadow of the characters that have owned our Club and screwed it over in the past is very long and very dark.

Please excuse the realistic waft of cynicism. :)

Does it mean >10% each? Then because there are 5 of them, that is over 50%.
It's not as simple as that - for example Tiger's shareholding is a shared one with Supranee Piamph and that joint shareholding is over 10% (but not dramatically over 10% ;)) so they don't both own over 10% of the shares on an individual basis.

Why hasn’t it been announced if on paper it shows them as the owners, why hasn’t it been announced?
Is there an issue/problem?
I don’t think there’s any issues, I think it’s just a case that they don’t feel the need for any public fanfare. My feelings are that it would be nice if they were a little more engaging with the fans. Bakrie came across very well in his interview but that was nearly a year ago.

What more do you need TmA?

Or are you seeking something else other than the ownership structure?
Well in the history of this club and indeed most other clubs, when there is a change of ownership/director there is usually a media interview stating what has happened and what their ambitions are.

Now there was an interview with Bakrie but it was so long ago I have forgotten exactly what he said apart from wanting Championship football within two years,which he won’t get. But I’m sure he said something along the lines that the change of ownership structure would happen with a couple of months (stand to be corrected here) well it looks like that may have happened but still no announcement.

I have no conspiracy theory other than they won’t make an announcement until SB is resolved, which is odd if the paperwork is all done and they are indeed heading the new structure. Why not tell the fans this has happened in an interview?

So the truth I’m after is will they walk if we are denied SB?

Well in the history of this club and indeed most other clubs, when there is a change of ownership/director there is usually a media interview stating what has happened and what their ambitions are.

Now there was an interview with Bakrie but it was so long ago I have forgotten exactly what he said apart from wanting Championship football within two years,which he won’t get. But I’m sure he said something along the lines that the change of ownership structure would happen with a couple of months (stand to be corrected here) well it looks like that may have happened but still no announcement.

I have no conspiracy theory other than they won’t make an announcement until SB is resolved, which is odd if the paperwork is all done and they are indeed heading the new structure. Why not tell the fans this has happened in an interview?

So the truth I’m after is will they walk if we are denied SB?
If SB is denied and there is no viable alternative available in the very short-term, then the chances of them walking would be very high as there would be no reason for them to stay.

They could write off c.£20m (small change for them) and curb the need to keep pouring money in when there is no carrot. Pop along to a new football club who need a new stadium where the local Council and population would readily accept c.£150m investment with minimal strings attached!

If SB is denied and there is no viable alternative available in the very short-term, then the chances of them walking would be very high as there would be no reason for them to stay.

They could write off c.£20m (small change for them) and curb the need to keep pouring money in when there is no carrot. Pop along to a new football club who need a new stadium where the local Council and population would readily accept c.£150m investment with minimal strings attached!
Yes you are probably right

There is also a debate going on about the growing influence of Americans in UK football. Todd Boehly (Chelsea owner) has already started talk of a North vs South "All Star" game, a relegation play-off, and I don't think he has dismissed the European Super League either.

Todd Boehly (Chelsea owner) has already started talk of a North vs South "All Star" game
Who does he think would be even remotely interested in going to watch that? Liverpool/Man U/Man C/Everton/Newcastle fans all on the same side? Same down south with Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/West Ham/Palace/Brighton fans all supporting the same team?

Just wish these American idiots would stop trying to turn our sport into a circus like they have over there.

Who does he think would be even remotely interested in going to watch that? Liverpool/Man U/Man C/Everton/Newcastle fans all on the same side? Same down south with Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/West Ham/Palace/Brighton fans all supporting the same team?

Just wish these American idiots would stop trying to turn our sport into a circus like they have over there.
Come on

Who wouldn’t want to see an Oxford/Swindon/Reading/Bristol Rovers/ Bristol City side v Birmingham/WBA/Wolves/Villa/Walsall side

Im sure the fans of both sides would get on splendidly together 😀 Having said that I’m not sure any of our players would make the team

They just don’t think these things through, if they had their way there would be no relegation and no promotion into the top tier.

A super league is coming they didn’t go about it the right way last time but they will convince their fans it is the way forward

I’m more concerned about what’s going on, on the pitch than off it.

Things going on off the pitch will take care of themselves.

Come on

Who wouldn’t want to see an Oxford/Swindon/Reading/Bristol Rovers/ Bristol City side v Birmingham/WBA/Wolves/Villa/Walsall side

Im sure the fans of both sides would get on splendidly together 😀 Having said that I’m not sure any of our players would make the team

They just don’t think these things through, if they had their way there would be no relegation and no promotion into the top tier.

A super league is coming they didn’t go about it the right way last time but they will convince their fans it is the way forward

It depends, if our players are shooting at the Swindon players rather than passing to them then I like this idea. Chris Maguire would have probably still wind them up, on and off the pitch, as well so probably a fight or 2 chucked in. I'd definitely be up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom