General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does he think would be even remotely interested in going to watch that? Liverpool/Man U/Man C/Everton/Newcastle fans all on the same side? Same down south with Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/West Ham/Palace/Brighton fans all supporting the same team?

Just wish these American idiots would stop trying to turn our sport into a circus like they have over there.
I can't imagine many clubs wanting to risk their extremely valuable players getting injured in an all-star game, it's hard enough getting them released for internationals.

Who does he think would be even remotely interested in going to watch that? Liverpool/Man U/Man C/Everton/Newcastle fans all on the same side? Same down south with Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/West Ham/Palace/Brighton fans all supporting the same team?

Just wish these American idiots would stop trying to turn our sport into a circus like they have over there.

Thanks for the earworm. Right back at ya.

1663248565299.png

Well in the history of this club and indeed most other clubs, when there is a change of ownership/director there is usually a media interview stating what has happened and what their ambitions are.

Now there was an interview with Bakrie but it was so long ago I have forgotten exactly what he said apart from wanting Championship football within two years,which he won’t get. But I’m sure he said something along the lines that the change of ownership structure would happen with a couple of months (stand to be corrected here) well it looks like that may have happened but still no announcement.

I have no conspiracy theory other than they won’t make an announcement until SB is resolved, which is odd if the paperwork is all done and they are indeed heading the new structure. Why not tell the fans this has happened in an interview?

So the truth I’m after is will they walk if we are denied SB?
And also, potential uncertainty about the ownership may raise questions in the planning process. Needs to be clear up front.

And also, potential uncertainty about the ownership may raise questions in the planning process. Needs to be clear up front.

Very important point.

We are being told Tiger is not the controlling party and majority shareholder, yet Companies House and the published Financial Statements say otherwise.

It seems to me that no one knows what the true structure/ownership of OIH Pte Ltd really is, otherwise there would be no confusion.

Very important point.

We are being told Tiger is not the controlling party and majority shareholder, yet Companies House and the published Financial Statements say otherwise.

It seems to me that no one knows what the true structure/ownership of OIH Pte Ltd really is, otherwise there would be no confusion.
This has been covered in the past. You will have to search back through this thread.

As many others have said, the policy is blatantly 'keep it murky until Stratfield Brake is/isn't sorted'. End of.

Colin I’m not being ironic and won’t get into a disagreement but there is something going on and the simple question is do we have new owners?
It’s quite simply very poor and unprofessional how this has played out, who the **** owns us, the question needs to be asked (sorry if it has been, I’ve ultimately missed it!).

It’s quite simply very poor and unprofessional how this has played out, who the **** owns us, the question needs to be asked (sorry if it has been, I’ve ultimately missed it!).

It’s answered on the club site. Various individuals and companies who own shares in the company that has a majority approx 90% holding in the football club.

It’s answered on the club site. Various individuals and companies who own shares in the company that has a majority approx 90% holding in the football club.
However if they are serious about the club rather than just regarding it as part of their business jigsaw it would be appropriate for them to communicate with us a bit more

One thing I would hope for is that as we get closer to the stage where we are submitting plans, I would like to hear a lot more publicly from our owners. We have some seriously impressive business people on our board and working on the stadium project. But its very easy to win me over. Its much harder to win over some others on this board let alone those who do not support Oxford or are actively against the stadium plans.

Colin has previously spoken about biting his tongue against some of the rubbish that is being posted by various opposition groups, and I can understand why it's best not to engage in that kind of dialogue until we have something to formally share. But once that time comes, it will be good to have the key players more visible and to clearly show the ownership structure behind the club and the stadium project, not only to dispell any of the questions and conspiracy theories flying around, but also because I believe that they are real assets that demonstrate just how seriously our club should be taken.

Yup. I still don't understand what that isn't considered "announcing" it.
This debate is going to go on and on until someone from the club speaks to the media and explains who is at the top and what they intend to do
You might think that it’s acceptable to read at that we have a new structure but in all honesty I would say the majority would like an announcement through the media with a question and answer session. That way fans could get exited about what the future has to offer and who knows may even attract more season ticket holders.
My thoughts on this still remain the same and that is we will get that announcement IF Stratfield gets the green light on the other hand IF we don’t get the go ahead they will pay the debt and we will never see them again and the club will probably fold as we have nowhere to go

The debate is only going on because people won't see what's in front of them.

Maybe but who are the owners of OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom