General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's incredibly dismissive and naive to talk in that way about Niall McW. He's done a relatively good job of taking on full time hours on a part time salary, balancing other full time jobs in the schools he's been working in. He's been the driving force in getting the stadium stuff underway and none of this has been made easier by the internal structure of the club. To say he isn't a serious operator shows you really have no understanding of what's been achieved by him in the grand scale of things.

He has done the best anyone could expect under the circumstances and has rightly retained an important role at the club as well as being able to devote more time to the stadium project.
He was given the wrong title. Not his fault, but he was not performing an MD role from what many of us could tell. Structure now starting to be put in place, assuming necessary time or representation factored in, and they also address the playing side (recruitment in particular). Agree that McW appears to have navigated the politics around the stadium very well and glad he continues to support this, albeit now with a more appropriate title.

Last edited:
It seems to me that, unlike the first team, they are putting the right people in the right roles. This was evident with the team they have put together to project manage the stadium and the back room executives.

Interesting, old article but 7 years on from this they won Serie A (and inter were really in dire straights) I know we are on different scale but the new owners are big players. I mean thohir considered building a new stadium in central Milan for Inter Milan. Again he didn’t own them across this whole period but he cemented their foundations for success at a far greater cost than Oxford would need. And that’s aside to bakrie who is exceptionally wealthy and seems to be very switched on…..

Even if KR is kicked out, we are still left with a load of cripples who are supposed to be coming back shortly, not match fit. So far we have struggled against teams currently around the bottom of the lleague, look at the up and coming fixtures, Charlton, Pompey and Exeter away for example, Wycombe next at home and we all know how they play. Dont want to sound all doom and gloom but it doesnt look good
Please could you be so kind as to amend the word used to desribe our injured players. It can be seen as a highly offensive word.
Many thanks

I started at Peers on its very first day as LGS (yes I am that old) and we wore a red blazer and cap with grey trousers. Real cool but cost my parents a fortune.
I was a visitor to Peers twice a week. I went to St Augustines but there weren't enough of us doing one subject at A level so we had to head over to the Peers science block! No uniform then luckily!

I heard yesterday and even though it was announced today it’s only been 9 days and not the months gone by where people have said it’s already happened.
Tbf @Colin B all o wanted to know was if the takeover had happened and peope said it had when in fact it hadn’t until 9 days ago.
But as I said at the start I heard yesterday evening.
But thanks anyway @Colin B [emoji106]

Yes of course you heard yesterday and didn’t bother to post anything.

People could check the Singapore ACRA every day or every week for a company profile but at £3 a go it’s going to add up and also relies on shareholder changes being updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom