General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
The takeover has been completed. The shareholding when the new broke is different to what it is now, this was detailed in the previous takeover thread and can be seen at Companies House.

Why the huge fanfare a few months ago I don't know and the board regret that now I'm sure but its all done.

As for the stadium, the press releases in March never mentioned a new stadium, that was just wishful thinking on our part.

The takeover has been completed. The shareholding when the new broke is different to what it is now, this was detailed in the previous takeover thread and can be seen at Companies House.

Why the huge fanfare a few months ago I don't know and the board regret that now I'm sure but its all done.

As for the stadium, the press releases in March never mentioned a new stadium, that was just wishful thinking on our part.
But something has to be sorted on the stadium front. If no new stadium what is the long term plan?

But something has to be sorted on the stadium front. If no new stadium what is the long term plan?

That's what I want to hear, their long term plan... the last we actually heard from anyone board level about the stadium was they weren't ruling anything out (even a new lease on the kassam) while Tiger everytime had fobbed us off with we will hopefully be able to announce something soon. 😒

Long term the future is uncertain I'd say. We have overseas owners and an opaque ownership structure with mysterious overseas companies holding shares and there's no way of finding out which individual actually owns what.

The Kassam was only opened 20 years ago so there's no way planning will be granted for a new stadium. Kassam won't sell so the club will have to pay whatever rent he wants or look at a ground share. I'm predicting a Coventry type situation for us.

Long term the future is uncertain I'd say. We have overseas owners and an opaque ownership structure with mysterious overseas companies holding shares and there's no way of finding out which individual actually owns what.

The Kassam was only opened 20 years ago so there's no way planning will be granted for a new stadium. Kassam won't sell so the club will have to pay whatever rent he wants or look at a ground share. I'm predicting a Coventry type situation for us.
Oh, the ITK lot will be on your case. Me, I know nothing

What is the point in getting involved with us is that is the case?

Ask any member of staff at OUFC about the stadium issue. The answer is the same, a knowing smile, no comment but all agree in conversation that the Kasstad is not for the future.

A fair question, why would massively successful multi billionaire Eric Thohir (and the rest) buy a league one football club to either stay at a half finished ground paying rent (and get very little access to that stadium for that rent) or to move the move the club miles away and rent a different stadium (essentially killing the club)?

You have to consider these people with the resources and experience they have might just have a plan, like they would of had with everything else they have achieved, they are not coming here to abandon everything they have done before and throw away money so if you look to there past you get a good idea to what Oxford Uniteds future entails.

I've said that also, with the way planning is working and various politically run councils saying
“ not in my backyard “ As you say it’s only 20 years old and councils who maybe approached for planning permission to build a new stadium, that maybe one of the arguments against planning permission, and that maybe a small reason compared to other reasons. If that is the case then the consortium need to look at the possibility of getting the ownership of the Kastad whether by a sensible offer or by some legal means.

Vanity, status and something to do like most rich people that get involved in football. I'm sure the have a plan to buy or build a new ground but Kassam ain't selling and the councils won't grant planning.

Everyone, everything has a price . If the right offer comes along Ka**am will sell

• React
Reactions: m
Vanity, status and something to do like most rich people that get involved in football. I'm sure the have a plan to buy or build a new ground but Kassam ain't selling and the councils won't grant planning.
If you think you know more about this than the owners, or even than some people here, then you are very mistaken.

Som
Scotchers can't you and @Colin B @Wallop @Firstpost just post we are buying the Kassam to stop this thread constantly going around in circles🙃

People just don't want to listen
eone shouldn’t have started a rumour a couple a months back talking about consortiums and new grounds then this thread may not have existed until an announcement harms been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom