Tickets Doncaster Rovers- attendance

Having geared up for a fast sell out, then prepared myself for a big reverse in sales, I'm somewhat surprised (and pleased) to report that there have been good sales over the weekend!

At midnight we were at 7,514 core home sales, meaning we've sold 200 over the weekend. That puts us several hundred above all games this season (apart from Sunderland) at the same stage. Sales normally pick up from this point on, and our average sales figure across the season is a fraction below 2,000 in the five days (and match day) before the game, so it only needs average sales to happen to be a 10,000 crowd, if we factor in Doncaster bringing 500 (they had sold 300 before the weekend).

It's a long summer with no live football, and we've all had a long period where we couldn't attend games, so I can't imagine why anyone who's attended games thus far would suddenly stop going and miss this game? It's your last chance of getting your Saturday football fix for the next three months, and we've picked up well over an extra 1,000 regular fans from the start of the season, so I'm hoping there's going to be more dots to count in the coming days.

Having geared up for a fast sell out, then prepared myself for a big reverse in sales, I'm somewhat surprised (and pleased) to report that there have been good sales over the weekend!

At midnight we were at 7,514 core home sales, meaning we've sold 200 over the weekend. That puts us several hundred above all games this season (apart from Sunderland) at the same stage. Sales normally pick up from this point on, and our average sales figure across the season is a fraction below 2,000 in the five days (and match day) before the game, so it only needs average sales to happen to be a 10,000 crowd, if we factor in Doncaster bringing 500 (they had sold 300 before the weekend).

It's a long summer with no live football, and we've all had a long period where we couldn't attend games, so I can't imagine why anyone who's attended games thus far would suddenly stop going and miss this game? It's your last chance of getting your Saturday football fix for the next three months, and we've picked up well over an extra 1,000 regular fans from the start of the season, so I'm hoping there's going to be more dots to count in the coming days.
10,000 would be a really good crowd.
Everybody will be disappointed after Saturday. Reading this forum cam sometimes be a bit of a downer after a defeat but it appears that the support is holding up which is good news.

Next for increased ST sales

My attendance has been woeful this season but I've got my ticket for Saturday and I'm looking forward to it. Although we can no longer make the play-offs, it's a chance to watch a game without any stress as well as thanking the team for their efforts this season.

This Saturday is going to be nice I can sit in my seat relax enjoy the football instead of worrying what other teams around us are doing just hope the sun is out the players have worked hard this season they deserve one last big crowd for this season to say thank you for your efforts

10,000 would be a really good crowd.
Everybody will be disappointed after Saturday. Reading KIP on this forum can sometimes be a bit of a downer after a defeat but it appears that the support is holding up which is good news.

Next for increased ST sales
There corrected it for you.

Would have been better corrected, WOU's, if you'd also cut out "after a defeat" (remembering Kip's post after our win vs. MK).

In case anyone's interested, the restaurant will be up and running for the Doncaster game. Sadly, Firoka wouldn't oblige the club with a "brunch" style menu favouring instead, steak & ale pie, chips and beans at 11:30 and a raspberry and chocolate cheesecake served at half time.
Mrs Lounger and myself have decided to go for a couple of bacon baps from our local cafe in Stanford in the Vale. Shame really as access to the bar pre and post match would have been fun. Cost for season ticket holders is £50.00 which includes a seat behind the directors box. (I know, it's bloody expensive!)

Not huge sales yesterday, but we were at just below 7,650 at midnight.

For balance, with the exception of Sunderland, the next highest at this stage was Ipswich, which was at 7,017 and was the only other game at above 7,000 at this stage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and whether it's just a case of people buying earlier, or will we be pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd?

I think it will be the latter.

Need a good performance and a big win saturday. Send the crowd home happy wanting more, and itching to get a season ticket

Most people get paid this week so hopefully that will help a few more people to get tickets and as mentioned above this is the last Saturday of proper football for a couple of months so 🤞we get a decent crowd

Not huge sales yesterday, but we were at just below 7,650 at midnight.

For balance, with the exception of Sunderland, the next highest at this stage was Ipswich, which was at 7,017 and was the only other game at above 7,000 at this stage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and whether it's just a case of people buying earlier, or will we be pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd?

I think it will be the latter.
Agree ....having been to the ticket office & got my ticket. None available anywhere near to me dad n co in ssl .....got a, very limited now availability, ticket in the east stand

Last edited:

Colin
Do you know if the club can specifically access the extra 1000/2000 who obviously have been coming since the turn of the year. Could they send out letters /e mails /texts encouraging them to become season ticket holders or if not packages of 8 games at a discount. It seems we have kindled a new interest and it would be a great shame not to build on this.
It would be great to get a nucleus of 8/8500 home fans at every game and the club should be going all out to attract these fans

Colin
Do you know if the club can specifically access the extra 1000/2000 who obviously have been coming since the turn of the year. Could they send out letters /e mails /texts encouraging them to become season ticket holders or if not packages of 8 games at a discount. It seems we have kindled a new interest and it would be a great shame not to build on this.
It would be great to get a nucleus of 8/8500 home fans at every game and the club should be going all out to attract these fans

A bit like when we take 30k++ "day trippers" to Wembley, this season has seen several 10k++ crowds and opened up a wider market.
The potential size of the customer database is large, but it is rarely used effectively, probably because that aspect is under-resourced.
All we ever seem to get is the "standard format" email on a Friday/pre-match day, although I might have ticked a box to decline some marketing. :unsure:

Seems a distant memory but did Doncaster pack out the North Stand during a promotion year in early " Two Thousand "? If so the worm has turned once again! The glorious uncertainty of football.

A bit like when we take 30k++ "day trippers" to Wembley, this season has seen several 10k++ crowds and opened up a wider market.
The potential size of the customer database is large, but it is rarely used effectively, probably because that aspect is under-resourced.
All we ever seem to get is the "standard format" email on a Friday/pre-match day, although I might have ticked a box to decline some marketing. :unsure:
Yes this is my worry, no point targeting a random 28000 fans who turn up because we are at Wembley. This should be more specific and welcoming.Should be a personalised letter from Bakrie,signed by him and KR . Effective use of the data base is what is required and I hope the Club can do this

Seems a distant memory but did Doncaster pack out the North Stand during a promotion year in early " Two Thousand "? If so the worm has turned once again! The glorious uncertainty of football.
Remember our first game back in league one....a draw at home with Scunthorpe with Ched Evans getting there goal!
Whatever happened to them !!

Yes this is my worry, no point targeting a random 28000 fans who turn up because we are at Wembley. This should be more specific and welcoming.Should be a personalised letter from Bakrie,signed by him and KR . Effective use of the data base is what is required and I hope the Club can do this
Data protection is a hurdle. The club has a database, it's debatable as to when that data can be accessed.

Back
Top Bottom