New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Spoke to my local councillor who’s on the planning committee, they wouldn’t say either way on the planning as it seems they are not allowed to but they said the road closures wouldn’t be a problem as lots of stadiums have closures before & after a sporting event so not a issue with them

I was on the bus to Kidlington , yesterday when we got the triangle/ roundabout. With all the road works, I heard a conversation about the stadium & the first thing they mentioned is the road closures on match day. Saying it would be chaos. Not trying to be funny, but this bridge, tunnel , road closure ,traffic is a big concern to a lot of locals. Not Fosb , but locals...
some of the local's concerns ( genuine ones at that) have unquestionably been fuelled and ramped up by FoSB and KPC 'green' councillors blatant campaign of misinformation deliberately intended to to spread fear

some of the local's concerns ( genuine ones at that) have unquestionably been fuelled and ramped up by FoSB and KPC 'green' councillors blatant campaign of misinformation deliberately intended to to spread fear

Absolutely Their misinformation and scaremongering campaign has been successful.

I perfectly get genuine local concerns about the road being closed, especially with fosb‘s rather predictable fear-mongering campaign.

However once the system is in place, the road will only be closed for about 20/30 minutes, approximately 25 times a year. It’s not as if there isn’t another quick and easy route into Oxford via the Frieze Way dual carriage, which will add about 5 minutes or less to your journey.

The situation is hardly unique, several other grounds and sporting events around the country employ a road closure scheme for a short period of time. It’s pretty common practice these days.

By the way, Frieze Way must be the most underused stretch of dual carriage way in the county.

People will very soon adjust and get used to it. They’ll wonder what all the fuss was about.

With all the scaremongering that fosb have spread a lot of Kidlington residents think the current roadworks on Kidlington roundabout are indeed for the stadium

With all the scaremongering that fosb have spread a lot of Kidlington residents think the current roadworks on Kidlington roundabout are indeed for the stadium
Oh yes they ,think it's for the stadium..
They were doing these road works , regardless of the stadium or not..

It's a cycle path anyway already ,so I don't know what muddletons claiming..??????

It's a cycle path anyway already ,so I don't know what muddletons claiming..??????
Its going to be a cycle "super highway" but I think that's being done when the golf club is built on I could be wrong on that tho

Its going to be a cycle "super highway" but I think that's being done when the golf club is built on I could be wrong on that tho
Super highway???? What's that all about....the one they've got does need improving though , but it won't work because half the time you've got the extreme cyclists that still ride on that stretch of road, instead of the cycle path.
To be honest ,riding on that stretch of road ,slows everything down. You can't argue with some of these cyclists though ,they think they know best...
Oh & by the way I'm a cyclist..

If the road isn’t closed for 20-30 minutes pre/post matches at the new stadium and crossings are used, ironically it could take people longer to get to where they want to rather than the road being closed and using Freize way instead.

The two councillors mentioned are dead against the stadium, nothing the club can say or do will get them to ratifying the lease I fear.
Oh definitely but I can’t see the owners paying for a bridge with that will cost in the region of £20m-£30m extra on top of the stadium build when you factor it all in you are looking at £130m & it’s why I personally think that the stadium will get rejected. I want more than anything for the stadium to get built but I fear it’s never going to get past planning unfortunately. I hope I’m proved wrong.

The two councillors mentioned are dead against the stadium, nothing the club can say or do will get them to ratifying the lease I fear.

Your fear is misguided. No way do the board spend millions to get to this stage and commit to another £100m on top, for it to come down to the blinkered views of a couple of local councillors.

Oh definitely but I can’t see the owners paying for a bridge with that will cost in the region of £20m-£30m extra on top of the stadium build when you factor it all in you are looking at £130m & it’s why I personally think that the stadium will get rejected. I want more than anything for the stadium to get built but I fear it’s never going to get past planning unfortunately. I hope I’m proved wrong.
You think the bridge will cost £20-30Mil? What are they building it out of? The Milennium Bridge across The Thames in London didn't cost that.

Those councillors don’t have a veto.

If the club meets the criteria set out by OCC they will get the lease ratified (if planning is approved). It’s a big ‘if’, though.

Last edited:
I was on the bus to Kidlington , yesterday when we got the triangle/ roundabout. With all the road works, I heard a conversation about the stadium & the first thing they mentioned is the road closures on match day. Saying it would be chaos. Not trying to be funny, but this bridge, tunnel , road closure ,traffic is a big concern to a lot of locals. Not Fosb , but locals...
You can hear it now .
“Just think what the chaos and inconvenience these roadworks are causing.
Imagine what it will be like on matchdays “

Back
Top Bottom