Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun
Great shout.

Or immediately be given an A Level A* pass in Swahili.

I know A levels have supposedly been dumbed down a bit in recent years......

......but Edun (or rather his Dad) is from Nigeria - wrong side of the continent for Swahili! Hausa or Yoruba, maybe.......

Harris, Nombe and Edun would be my ideal signings for the rest of the window (based on the fact that we need to move others on before anything else happens).
A striker, a forward who can play both centrally and out wide and a left wing back, to replace Seddon, Baldock and the gap left by the Joseph/Smith loans ending. Would leave LM with 22 outfield senior pros. Two for every position with a couple of spares in the attacking areas.

Tim’s spreadsheet would be happy.

A striker, a forward who can play both centrally and out wide and a left wing back, to replace Seddon, Baldock and the gap left by the Joseph/Smith loans ending. Would leave LM with 22 outfield senior pros. Two for every position with a couple of spares in the attacking areas.

Tim’s spreadsheet would be happy.
And then hopefully offload Findlay opening up another space.

For a third choice LCB? Findlay's replacement has already been brought in. Wildshchut and Goodrham will be replaced if they are moved on.

I know A levels have supposedly been dumbed down a bit in recent years......

......but Edun (or rather his Dad) is from Nigeria - wrong side of the continent for Swahili! Hausa or Yoruba, maybe.......
And now I know why I failed Swahili.

He’s on a lot of money with a long time left on his contract. I don’t think any SPL side outside of the Old Firm would pay him what he’s on here. He’s already cost us half a million pounds between his first year’s wages and the fee to Philadelphia.

Unless he’s willing to take a pay cut he’s going to want us to pay him the majority of the difference to go, which I can’t imagine Williams will tolerate given it looks like we’re already paying off Baldock and maybe even Seddon, at least partially in the case of the latter.

Similarly, unless someone offers to take on the bulk of Yanic’s wages, Williams is going to be pretty loathe to spend another penny moving him on, just to then spend even more cash replacing him afterwards.

He’s on a lot of money with a long time left on his contract. I don’t think any SPL side outside of the Old Firm would pay him what he’s on here. He’s already cost us half a million pounds between his first year’s wages and the fee to Philadelphia.

Unless he’s willing to take a pay cut he’s going to want us to pay him the majority of the difference to go, which I can’t imagine Williams will tolerate given it looks like we’re already paying off Baldock and maybe even Seddon, at least partially in the case of the latter.

Similarly, unless someone offers to take on the bulk of Yanic’s wages, Williams is going to be pretty loathe to spend another penny moving him on, just to then spend even more cash replacing him afterwards.
Findlay is 27 and maybe still has ambitions to play for Scotland again. Rotting on the bench here isn’t going to help his cause. A move to a club like Hibs or Hearts - on less money - and good performances against the big two up there and who knows where that will take him? I suppose it depends whether ambition outweighs the money he’s on here.

Who is the staff member in the background, with a knee up? It's not Brown.
Could be youth team related I guess, Chris Hackett?

View attachment 14499
That's not Hackett. I've seen him running in Begbroke recently - he's trim as f**k as doesn't have a round face. Unless he's got the Burger King loyalty card now.

Findlay is 27 and maybe still has ambitions to play for Scotland again. Rotting on the bench here isn’t going to help his cause. A move to a club like Hibs or Hearts - on less money - and good performances against the big two up there and who knows where that will take him? I suppose it depends whether ambition outweighs the money he’s on here.
If he’s going to have to take a 100k a year pay cut then giving up his remaining three years becomes very expensive. I believe there was an offer on the table in January but it couldn’t get worked out. He’s nearly 28 and just spent a season in and out of a L1 side that nearly got relegated, on the back of two years of barely kicking a ball in the MLS, so nobody is willing to pay a fee.

At which point he probably says “Well I’m down 300k if I leave so I want you to pay me half of that to walk”, to which someone like Tim Williams will go “I’m not spending £150,000 to give you away and then another £150,000 to replace you with someone else, so I would rather spend £250,000 on the wages to keep you for another year in the hope that you get desperate and agree to walk by next summer, because it’s cheaper.”

Williams might come across as a bit of an idiot who can’t manage people for toffee, but he will be right on top of the numbers.

For a third choice LCB? Findlay's replacement has already been brought in. Wildshchut and Goodrham will be replaced if they are moved on.
No. Possibly another midfield player.
The suggestion is that with 2 strikers and a left back we will have a squad of 22, which is about right.
So get rid of Findlay and Manning can bring a further player in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom