Away Match Day Thread 24/8/21 Carabao Cup: QPR v OUFC

Oxford Cheetahs win on IoW- the meeting and the 3 match speedway series

OUWFC win convincingly at home

Oxfordshire in the minor counties Cricket final after winning their league - play Suffolk at Tring in 10 days time in the final

...and OUFC bow out of EFL cup - wearing the Jonah/ losing black kit

Bit disappointed (only from the radio commentary though) with Agyei. He is going to have to shine in one of the chances he's given or he'll be forever 'unfulfilled potential'.

Never going to be good for DA. Is he "ours" or is he on loan? So promising but he has not delivered.

Isn't LCP a left back and he was played at right back today? That's a hard ask for a young, inexperienced player in a game against a club a division higher.

I’m glad we’re out of that sideshow.
The cup runs in the past have made us better, but when we tend not to do that well in cups we don’t tend to translate that into good league performances.

Tonight showed we’re short by a little way of being a Championship team.

I think that could be Agyei out on loan or sold by the end of the month we need another striker for sure. And another bad night with two more injuries . I said four more players in and I still think I will be right.
i think thats wishful thinking, although id like 4 more players in.

The cup runs in the past have made us better, but when we tend not to do that well in cups we don’t tend to translate that into good league performances.

Tonight showed we’re short by a little way of being a Championship team.
well we do keep selling our players to that level so no wonder we arent near that level.

Disclaimer - I wasn't there and only listened on iFollow.

Dan Agyei is so frustrating. The last third of the season he was unplayable at times even if only in 30 minute bursts. He was coming on in wide positions and terrifying defences. The stats only showed a few goals and assists, but he gave us so much more.

This season Dan just hasn't clicked. He might not be playing in his preferred positions, and the service hasn't been great. But what I have seen, and heard tonight, is a player that appears to have lost the fight and desire that made him so valuable last season.

I hope he remains, but if we've got money to spend, I can see that he may be moved on to make space for others. It could be an interesting few days.

We didn’t get going.

Agyei was poor and disinterested and Rob Dickie will earn us a few quid
I thought we did for the first 15mins in both halves, but once they’d sussed us out tactically they outplayed us.

The ball in between our fullbacks/centre backs caught us out every time, and they targeted Chambers with us leaving exposed with them having 2 or 3 players over his side and we didn’t cover him. He didn’t have the best of games either.

How much longer do we have to wait to see him? I liked what I saw before he was loaned out.
Oh, I don't know, couple of pizza games, subbed on in a game where we don't lose players in different positions with injury/illnesses.
Sure we'll see plenty of him at some stage, just be patient....

Back
Top Bottom