Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was more that the signing of Leigh isn’t an indication that we are about to switch to wing-backs. He’s been brought it because he is a left-back who suits the shape we play now, a defender first who is more than capable going forward. His versatility is a bonus for sure, there just isn’t any indication that we are going to change formation soon as we are recruiting to play 4231
My point wasn't that we'd signed him specifically so we could switch, but rather that Browne's injury may nudge us into making that switch.

Yes, with Browne now out the 3 centre backs may be a more suitable formation.

Negru could play on the right side (more natural for him?) of Moore with Brown on the left, and then Long and Thorniley can cover all 5 positions....

Leigh and Stevens either side of Cam and McGuane, pushing on and getting some width in to our play. Josh and Oisin to back up either of the central players....

Either Rodrigues behind a two up front or Rodrigues and Bodin in behind Harris....?

Tyler could play just off the striker, Gats could play in a two up front....?

.....so it's Henry/Murphy/Mills who are probably not the ones who are not best suited to the 3 at the back....?

At least we now have some options and flexibility.....considering where we thought we were with the squad just a few weeks ago it really is a remarkable turnaround by Manning. Looking forward to see who else we bring in and how the team develops more as we go on through the season. COYY's!!

Browne out for a couple of months surely we will move for a wide man
Mills to start and if Murphy stays that’s the cover although I hope we get a new one in
Do think we should get another in personally. Can’t rely on Goodrham Mills. Would be good to sign someone a little more experienced. Unsure Murphy is gonna care so. Still need to offload 2/3 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom