Transfer News Summer Transfer Preview

Wouldn’t read to much into any rumours nowadays, most signings have been kept very quiet until announced recently.

It’s a bit premature considering we don’t even know what league we will be in yet. Targets will change depending on where we end up.
A mini overhaul is needed though and to get rid of some dead wood.

It’s a bit premature considering we don’t even know what league we will be in yet. Targets will change depending on where we end up.
A mini overhaul is needed though and to get rid of some dead wood.
People keep saying dead wood but the dead wood are doing quite well on the whole. Though I don’t expect to see Seddon and Findlay again

People keep saying dead wood but the dead wood are doing quite well on the whole. Though I don’t expect to see Seddon and Findlay again
They are but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t expect better next season.
They are doing a job right now but we can also surely get better in the summer for players like Henry, Bodin, Smyth, Long just to name a few.

They are but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t expect better next season.
They are doing a job right now but we can also surely get better in the summer for players like Henry, Bodin, Smyth, Long just to name a few.
Henry will retire, Bodin I suspect will get a good gig elsewhere and aren’t the other two under contract?

Can I be the first to float the name Kofi Balmer? Northern Ireland. Right back/centre back. Made a strange move from Larne to Palace two years ago. We were interested in him back then. On a free this summer. Been on loan to AFCW this season, who really rate him. Long throw, so if all else fails, he can just aim for Goodwin, unless he's injured, of course.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been previously mentioned. A young Irish striker in demand.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wrexham-tipped-to-beat-bolton-charlton-and-oxford-to-benji-magee/

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport...england-international-tips-hollywood-28956524

Last edited:
If nothing crazy happens between now and the end of the season, and we're in League One next season with Des at the helm, then I would go:

OUT: Cumming, Stevens, Findlay (if possible - but maybe have to be a loan), Seddon (obv), McGuane, Bodin, Henry, Browne, Edwards

IN: Starting GK, Starting RB (Long is fine for backup), 2x CMs (one of whom is a genuine athlete and ball-winner), 2x wingers, One forward who can play across the front three....probably a younger player on loan from a higher league, Murphy gets an extension, Bennett gets another year

And if anyone was willing to take on Thorniley & McEachran's contracts, I would be happy to replace them both as well.

But a lot could happen in the next month to change minds!

If nothing crazy happens between now and the end of the season, and we're in League One next season with Des at the helm, then I would go:

OUT: Cumming, Stevens, Findlay (if possible - but maybe have to be a loan), Seddon (obv), McGuane, Bodin, Henry, Browne, Edwards

IN: Starting GK, Starting RB (Long is fine for backup), 2x CMs (one of whom is a genuine athlete and ball-winner), 2x wingers, One forward who can play across the front three....probably a younger player on loan from a higher league, Murphy gets an extension, Bennett gets another year

And if anyone was willing to take on Thorniley & McEachran's contracts, I would be happy to replace them both as well.

But a lot could happen in the next month to change minds!
A decision also needs to be taken on Smyth. 3 managers seem to have not particularly rated him.

If we go up, realistically of this squad who would you feel comfortable having in the matchday 18
For me, Brannagan is the only one Id feel comfortable starting dependant on Murphy's form
Leigh, Moore, Harris, Goodrham and Dale the only ones Id feel comfortable playing minutes

Back
Top Bottom