Home Match Day Thread 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to noise ............ the away fans noise crosses the pitch and sounds loud in the South.
The East can try as hard as they like but their noise is "lost" to the openness.
The only time we are "loud" is post goals when East, South and North have a common point to make noise.
Then it rocks.

When it comes to noise ............ the away fans noise crosses the pitch and sounds loud in the South.
The East can try as hard as they like but their noise is "lost" to the openness.
The only time we are "loud" is post goals when East, South and North have a common point to make noise.
Then it rocks.
I sat in the East Stand and it sure wasn't very quiet from where I sat. As you say, weird accoustics at the Kasstad

If the ref didn’t give the 1st red he would definitely off given the 2nd as a red. They were both red cards. Only had 2 complaints regarding this ref, one was yes he showed balls by issuing the 1st red but lost them for the 2nd, and his interpretation of the time wasting rule.
Can’t blame Pompey for playing the way they did
If they didn’t we would off battered them and it would of been embarrassing for them.
Thought he did fine with the time wasting... as he actually added it on at the end.

Much prefer a ref that just adds on the time, to one that endlessly talks to the time wasting team (and on doing so wastes more time) then adds little or nothing.

@Scrongo have you posted anything positive since you turned up a month ago? Whether it's the new build or football games, it's nothing but misery! Cheer up fella!!
I'm fine seems to me a lot of people on here don't like 0pinons or facts
Or maybe I'm not itk 😂😭

Then it rocks.

That's because the wind direction travels from west to east most of the time. Let's get a new stadium and see how loud it is then.

Jesus....even Leonard Cohen would tell them to cheer the f**k up
I'm ok & fine
I'm pleased where the team are at the moment.
Which is important
But there are IFS & buts on something's
It's not an Oxford thing
It's probably every club in the country
Apart from an elite few

I've been told the assistant kit man was 'knocked over' and hit his head on the wall and needed to be stretchered away.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Curtis was involved in some way as he was one of the last down the tunnel at half time.

He’s such a knob anyway.

Last edited:
Not sure I’m convinced by the 3 stand argument. Bristol City away 2014? (when they only had 3 stands) was one of the best experiences I’ve had supporting Oxford. Fans were phenomenal in the noise we were making in the stand opposite the rubble that would become their new stand. Was no wind tunnel though. Mind you, doesn’t mean the rest of the ground could hear us!

I always call for more shots from distance, as if it doesn't go in, we could get a rebound or the keeper could tip it over or wide for a corner, and it also excites the crowd, who in turn become more vocal, which revs the team up!

SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!

I also like to yell shoot if the ball randomly looks volleyable from pretty much any distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom