Home Match Day Thread 11/9/2021 L1: OUFC V Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wycombe’s best chances have come from our own self inflicting errors. Very shaky at the back.

• React
Reactions: UTM
The blind f*****g ref cant see shirts being pulled right in front of him

An
Because Wycombe have their entire team camped in their half, if we try a long ball their brutish CBs will win it every time. Got to try and draw them out.
d they will catch us out nearly been caught a couple of times already and the ref must be blind with the amount of times Taylor’s shirt has been almost ripped of his back and sod all done about it

Whyte really struggled so far today.
We are punting the ball in the air up to our front players, mainly as the midfield is very static. They really need to be having far more moment to give the back line an outlet to pass to.

Need Sykes and White to get more involved and Henry for that matter

• React
Reactions: UTM
I don't know what Steve is on about today l think he is confused what radio station he is on?

A really rubbish half, but not the fault of our players at all. I was quite looking forward to today seeing the Wycombe fans saying they get the ball down and play and don't do their usual cheating rubbish. Clearly they were talking complete B*****s because they've been wasting time since the 15th f*****g minute. I'd love to see the stats for how long the ball was in play that half, it can't have been more than 25 minutes with how ridiculous they were with the time wasting?! It must be absolutely miserable being a Wycombe fan and watching that every week. Pay for a 90 minute game and get 30 minutes of football and 60 minutes of waiting.

I normally hate the usual "this game is calling for Agyei" moments but this one REALLY is - alongside Taylor. Let Taylor deal with the Orcs in CB and Agyei get in between the lines. I think Williams could be a good sub too, someone with a bit more experience and nous to deal with Wycombe. Whyte quiet, not entirely his fault, so one of Williams or Agyei on for him ASAP.

Poor game, we’re allowing ourselves to be dragged down to their level, very scrappy, ball in the air a lot.

Not great.

This is going the way Wycombe want it to, so far.

You've got to give them some credit - they really are experts at destroying a game, and turning it into a scrappy luckfest. And that's exactly what they've done (again) today. You have to pity their fans, having to watch that every week, but it is unfortunately very effective. From about the 15 minute mark onwards, we've been thrown off our game completely and have barely been able to string three passes together.

I don't really know what you do, other than try and stick to your principles. But we need to get Cam & Henry on the ball more.

I guess you could really go for it - bring Agyei on for Gorrin, and stick him up top alongside Taylor to give them something else to think about. It's not as if Wycombe are trying to play through the centre of the park, so Gorrin's stopper role isn't as crucial today.....

Or we can just hope that we get the lucky bounce and scrap out a 1-0.

A really rubbish half, but not the fault of our players at all. I was quite looking forward to today seeing the Wycombe fans saying they get the ball down and play and don't do their usual cheating rubbish. Clearly they were talking complete B*****s because they've been wasting time since the 15th f*****g minute. I'd love to see the stats for how long the ball was in play that half, it can't have been more than 25 minutes with how ridiculous they were with the time wasting?! It must be absolutely miserable being a Wycombe fan and watching that every week. Pay for a 90 minute game and get 30 minutes of football and 60 minutes of waiting.

I normally hate the usual "this game is calling for Agyei" moments but this one REALLY is - alongside Taylor. Let Taylor deal with the Orcs in CB and Agyei get in between the lines. I think Williams could be a good sub too, someone with a bit more experience and nous to deal with Wycombe. Whyte quiet, not entirely his fault, so one of Williams or Agyei on for him ASAP.
Yes Agyei needs to be running at them 2nd half . Open the game up for us .
BUT never feel sorry for WWFC fans , tin-pot team. 😏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom