Away Match Day Thread 16/11/2021 FA Cup 1st R. Replay: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

I really hate bans or shutting people down on the forum. Massive fan of free speech and expression. That’s why I’ll always defend great uncle Kip even though I rarely agree with the guy.

But honestly can Bazzer not just be given a week off or something to calm down. The guys swearing at people constantly, has the self control of a child and his posts are like trawling through my junk email.

I really hate bans or shutting people down on the forum. Massive fan of free speech and expression. That’s why I’ll always defend great uncle Kip even though I rarely agree with the guy.

But honestly can Bazzer not just be given a week off or something to calm down. The guys swearing at people constantly, has the self control of a child and his posts are like trawling through my junk email.
He is passionate about his club. It affects people in different ways.

Only during transfer windows 😂

Ricky,

In general, I dont know why, Covid, etc but we need a reset on the forum. Its not becoming a good place. I think we need proposals of which I have seen this on another one.

We need something where someone can raise a complaint which is visible (but proposers name withheld) and if 5 people anonomously agree, that post is deleted or person is temporarily suspended for a certain number of days.

After sleeping on that I’ve woken up this morning to a new dawn I wasn’t pissed off we lost because we will lose games I was pissed off how we lost and tbh I’m expecting a response on Saturday because some of these players need to show they’ve got the balls to stand up and be counted
what he ^^ said

Its a cascading situation. @bazzer9461 will post something that is rude/condescending, then naturally others will feel some sort of anger and it goes on and on but also totally off the thread topic.

But please think about posting a reply, if the reply will just add fuel to the fire.....

I hate to censor users and I absolutely hate to temporarily ban or permanently ban any non-Scum user.

Its a hard balance as the forum admin, we do let a lot "go", in order to be consistent but also we do not have the resources to act on every bad worded post.

Hope you understand.

ESB

Sure. But passion cannot become a justification for poor and rude behavior. Where’s the line or does he get a free pass ad infinitum?

For his own health I don’t want him ending up on the pitch having a Delia Smith moment .
No chance of that 😊

Its a cascading situation. @bazzer9461 will post something that is rude/condescending, then naturally others will feel some sort of anger and it goes on and on but also totally off the thread topic.

But please think about posting a reply, if the reply will just add fuel to the fire.....

I hate to censor users and I absolutely hate to temporarily ban or permanently ban any non-Scum user.

Its a hard balance as the forum admin, we do let a lot "go", in order to be consistent but also we do not have the resources to act on every bad worded post.

Hope you understand.

ESB
I agree with the sentiments wholeheartedly Mark, but there's a common denominator here, and it's Bazzer.

I'm sure others would agree that myself, EC Yellow, and Scotchegg (nether of whom I know by the way) all contribute to the forum with information and informed views (whatever people may think of Scothchegg's optimism!) but for all three of us to have felt the need to respond (and I can tell you for every time I do, there are 100 when I don't) to Bazzer's constant harassing, haranguing, questioning, and insults must tell you something is fundamentally wrong.

Jumped in yourself with a reply? Shock horror, let’s hound Bazzer because he dares to question.
I try to jump over your posts now if I can, but I saw EC Yellow had posted and it was his reply to you that caught my eye, hence the reply.

Hound???????? Pot, kettle, black.

It's not because you dare to question, it's because you're a rude, ignorant and insulting specimen that annoys me most.

I agree with the sentiments wholeheartedly Mark, but there's a common denominator here, and it's Bazzer.

I'm sure others would agree that myself, EC Yellow, and Scotchegg (nether of whom I know by the way) all contribute to the forum with information and informed views (whatever people may think of Scothchegg's optimism!) but for all three of us to have felt the need to respond (and I can tell you for every time I do, there are 100 when I don't) to Bazzer's constant harassing, haranguing, questioning, and insults must tell you something is fundamentally wrong.

Wholeheartedly agree with Colin B, here.

I try to jump over your posts now if I can, but I saw EC Yellow had posted and it was his reply to you that caught my eye, hence the reply.

Hound???????? Pot, kettle, black.

It's not because you dare to question, it's because you're a rude, ignorant and insulting specimen that annoys me most.
Only reply with rude, ignorant insulting comments when I’ve felt necessary.
You may find this hard to believe but I do read your posts and find them informative as I do with @Scotchegg and @ECYellow and no you may not know one another but generally have something of interest and with those posts I may or may not comment, but I do ask questions as do others and as this is a forum we are entitled to. But if the response is slightly negative or rude or condescending then I will reply accordingly. But I have spoken to ESB and apologised and will now publicly apologise to yourself @Colin B and @Scotchegg and @ECYellow for any rudeness or insults I have aimed towards you.
It isn’t an excuse but my passion for this club is 2nd to none and over the decades we’ve been led up the garden path in many occasions with promises only to be let down time and again.
I do hope our new owners get announced soon and expand on Anindia’s tv interview of the goals the new stadium time limits, this will hopefully give the fans a more positive vision for our club.
But once again I am truly sorry that I have offended you.

Last edited:
You may find this hard to believe but I do read your posts and find them informative as I do with @Scotchegg and @ECYellow and no you may not know one another but generally have something of interest and with those posts I may or may not comment, but I do ask questions as do others and as this is a forum we are entitled to. But if the response is slightly negative or rude or condescending then I roll reply accordingly. But I have spoken to ESB and apologised and will now publicly apologise to yourself @Colin B and @Scotchegg and @ECYellow for any rudeness or insults I have aimed towards you.
It isn’t an excuse but my passion for this club is 2nd to none and over the decades we’ve been led up the garden path in many occasions with promises only to be let down time and again.
I do hope our new owners get announced soon and expand on Anindia’s tv interview of the goals the new stadium time limits, this will hopefully give the fans a more positive vision for our club.
That's good to see Bazzer. You're a really important part of the forum and I'm sure you do mean well. I was really impressed by the way you dealt with a guy who was posting homophobic stuff on another thread - you defended the person he'd been attacking and demolished his points in a really effective and good humoured way.

Social media generates something akin to Road Rage, the difference being that 9 times out of 10, you give the other motorist the Gareth Hunt hand gesture and a few expletives and seconds later you have (literally) moved on.

Social media, and the forum/topic style it seems, seems to concentrate and amplify the affect. It often means we just sit here metaphorically looking at each other and giving it the virtual hand signals until some poor beleaguered mod steps in to try and restore the peace.

With road rage, it is the unacceptable behaviour of an individual motorist that normally draws the ire. If they were more considerate in the way they drove, the incident would never happen....but that is not to say that the reaction is justified either....the urge to react is extremely difficult to resist at times (we've all been there, I'm sure!)

And so it is with the way we post on social media and internet forums. If you are inconsiderate, selfish, arrogant, ignorant, abusive etc etc, then you will draw the ire of other posters and will probably get called out for it.

So personal responsibility and consideration is the order of the day.....be nice....treat others as you would like to be treated....ask questions by all means, but post with a modicum of maturity and respect to other posters, don't troll or purposefully antagonise and for fucks sake, don't get into a petty "he/she started it" spat. Not a good look for so-called grown ups!

You may find this hard to believe but I do read your posts and find them informative as I do with @Scotchegg and @ECYellow and no you may not know one another but generally have something of interest and with those posts I may or may not comment, but I do ask questions as do others and as this is a forum we are entitled to. But if the response is slightly negative or rude or condescending then I will reply accordingly. But I have spoken to ESB and apologised and will now publicly apologise to yourself @Colin B and @Scotchegg and @ECYellow for any rudeness or insults I have aimed towards you.
Thanks Bazzer, and apology accepted.

Actions speak louder than words, so I do hope you stick to it and have a little pause next time one of us posts something that you don't quite agree with or doesn't give the information you feel you need.

I've been following the club for about 55 years and a home game is a 200 mile round trip for me, and I probably watch about 50 games a season, home and away, so I'm not sure your passion is second to none? Unless you want to argue about it???!!! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom