Home Match Day Thread 17-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Gillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts:

- Sam Long has taken Phil Whitehead's moniker of God. Those finishes, especially the 2nd were superb.

- Sam Winnall was important, not just the goal, in turning that game around. Some excellent defensive headers on top of his forward/link play. All he needed was a haircut. :)

- I actually winced when I saw who the Ref was, Rob Lewis has always been weak. He won't do anything about Fatty McCheat's rant either. Although why Evans was ranting at the Ref when it was his team's tactics/dropping play deep that screwed them over. So hahahaha at Evans' red faced ranting and I liked that RadOx had a moment of silence so we could get the gist.

- How absolutely beautiful it is that the team won only playing well for 20 minutes and from 2 down.

- Oh and again Fatty McCheat, hahahaha, so bloody lovely to not see a cheat prosper.

I'm glad they weren't given the Dressing Room to change and had to change in the Stand.

Think we badly missed barker and sykes today starting. Agyei as well made a big difference when he came on. Not having wingers that can beat a man allowed gillingham to pen our full backs back. This in turn meant they dominated the midfield. Hopefully barker will be back soon.

Think we badly missed barker and sykes today starting. Agyei as well made a big difference when he came on. Not having wingers that can beat a man allowed gillingham to pen our full backs back. This in turn meant they dominated the midfield. Hopefully barker will be back soon.

If what KR said before the game is true then Sykes and Barker should be back for Tuesday.

Might be wishful but I believe Sunderland have picked up 1 point in the last 4 games, could they continue to free fall from potential automatics to missing out on the play offs.... probably not but you can hope!!!

Mentioned this on another thread, they have Hull away next, followed by Accrington and Blackpool.... They aint nailed on for the play offs imo.

Only just calmed down / towelled off / thrown the duck in the bin.

Wow. Just wow. Could it?

That took balls. Balls that have often gone right back inside when the worm has started to turn this season. Can the players keep them dangling low for the final four matches? If so, it might be on. They grew up a lot today. They wanted it.

A few special mentions:

Sam Long - Take whatever you want. Take my television. Take my car. Take my house. Take me.

Sam Winnall - Welcome, at long last. Please get a shave and a haircut before every game, and stay off the KFC. More of this. Great strike.

Dan Agyei - Don't try a volley from 25 yards again. I've stuck up for you when you've been badly and unfairly treated but that effort was positively Trainer-esque. Behave yourself. I can't do anything for that.

Karl Robinson - Well done. You lost your head before half-time with Evans and Raynor and fell for their tricks, but you showed great character to calm down and focus on managing your team in the second half. Really good interview post-match, too. You deserve your share of the credit. Keep your head.

I remember being stood outside the ticket office next to the London Road turnstiles in 1996, right after the final whistle of the Shrewsbury game, queueing up with my dad to get tickets for the Peterborough match. Everyone was buzzing and knew that it was on. Although it was a very different type of win today and the situation isn't quite the same as it was that season, the feeling is very similar. Just go for it and give it hell.

I'm off to get more cans, and I'll be wearing the towel and f*ck all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom