Home Match Day Thread 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back on Quest after we scored Matty went to celebrate and kick the ball on his way and an Ipswich player kicked the ball at Matty ajd SK exchange of hand gestures. quite funny typical Matty. 😁
And then on the goal cam you can see another of our players confront that Ipswich player (no 6 I think -Woolfenden?) and a bit of handbags happening - good to see our players looking out for each other!💛⚽

And then on the goal cam you can see another of our players confront that Ipswich player (no 6 I think -Woolfenden?) and a bit of handbags happening - good to see our players looking out for each other!💛⚽
It is indeed

My opinion of Ipswich fans has been further diminished by the behaviour of one balding, overweight, middle aged prat post match. Heading to the car park from the main concourse, along with many other OUFC fans, we encountered this prat, going in the opposite direction. (Presumably coming from the away end but, who knows) He decided that my wife was in his way and barged into her, sending her flying. Fortunately she was not injured, badly shocked but no physical injury. She is not one to accept this kind of behaviour and went after the prat, tapped him on the shoulder and asked that he look her in the face and explain himself. Clearly taken aback and probably alarmed by the fact that I was ready to launch myself at him, he stopped and feigned innocence. He eventually apologised as more folk stopped to see what was happening (including a steward who had become aware of a potential disturbance)

We experienced the same behaviour in Ipswich and can recall many others with similar stories including children being verbally abused.

Quite frankly, Ipswich never making it out of league 1, or better still, getting relegated further, would please me no end. This belief by, recently, former Premiership sides or so called "big clubs" of a divine right to gain promotion is pitiful. These clubs need to educate their fans and get them to grow up.
In these times of "Her game too", "Level playing field" and all the other incentives and campaigns for equality and understanding, these types of Neanderthal, knuckle dragging morons is over. My wife wants to attend matches and feel safe, not threatened. I want to attend knowing that she will be safe.
Hope Mrs Loungers alright

You don't seem to think 52:48 is about even though. 🤔
Near as. If it was 60-40 then I could understand but a fine margin of 52: 48 is more even, ( on the wrong thread ) so was another 52:48 margin 😉

That was live football at its best yesterday you could never get feelings like that from your sofa from th disappointment to thinking we've lost to then super Luke McNally scoring absolutely amazing

My opinion of Ipswich fans has been further diminished by the behaviour of one balding, overweight, middle aged prat post match. Heading to the car park from the main concourse, along with many other OUFC fans, we encountered this prat, going in the opposite direction. (Presumably coming from the away end but, who knows) He decided that my wife was in his way and barged into her, sending her flying. Fortunately she was not injured, badly shocked but no physical injury. She is not one to accept this kind of behaviour and went after the prat, tapped him on the shoulder and asked that he look her in the face and explain himself. Clearly taken aback and probably alarmed by the fact that I was ready to launch myself at him, he stopped and feigned innocence. He eventually apologised as more folk stopped to see what was happening (including a steward who had become aware of a potential disturbance)

We experienced the same behaviour in Ipswich and can recall many others with similar stories including children being verbally abused.

Quite frankly, Ipswich never making it out of league 1, or better still, getting relegated further, would please me no end. This belief by, recently, former Premiership sides or so called "big clubs" of a divine right to gain promotion is pitiful. These clubs need to educate their fans and get them to grow up.
In these times of "Her game too", "Level playing field" and all the other incentives and campaigns for equality and understanding, these types of Neanderthal, knuckle dragging morons is over. My wife wants to attend matches and feel safe, not threatened. I want to attend knowing that she will be safe.

Yep, there was a few Ipswich thugs looking for a fight on the way through under the railway bridge to Littlemore. They were shouting and pointing towards us, a few of us told them to grow up as most of us have our kids with us, police must of been called prior though as police car came charging down Minchery farm Road to disperse them. Most other clubs thugs are respectable that you don't start on shirters or familys and take it away from the crowds but these morons have no morals obviously.

Yep, there was a few Ipswich thugs looking for a fight on the way through under the railway bridge to Littlemore. They were shouting and pointing towards us, a few of us told them to grow up as most of us have our kids with us, police must of been called prior though as police car came charging down Minchery farm Road to disperse them. Most other clubs thugs are respectable that you don't start on shirters or familys and take it away from the crowds but these morons have no morals obviously.
They was a strange bunch there was one Bloke arguing with an Oxford fan who was just trying to get through the traffic behind F.B the Oxford fan in his car looked abit surprised probably apart from Wycombe the strangest fans we've had here all season

Those last minute limbs were just joyous! Whilst leaping around like a maniac as the goal went in I did see Matty gesturing at one of their defenders as he ran off to celebrate; hadn’t realised what had happened before it. What a sh^t house! (Worth pointing out that Matty was only trying to repay the favour for Bonne punting the football out of the ground after they scored too!)

Watching the goal cam did make me feel a twinge of sympathy for Burns. That was a stunning performance from him - one of the best individual performances from an opposition player at our place I’ve seen certainly this season.

Odd that TVP didn't have a greater presence, they usually base numbers on intel, but perhaps this lot of idiots have slipped under the radar.

Again. ?
So you had three mates up for the Ipswich game in priority over for your grandson.
Priorities ?
I didn’t pay for my mates, they did, my grandson Is away with his parents this weekend, my daughter wants it to be warmer when she brings him just in case he gets restless, he is after all only five even though he lives in his yellow shirt.

Odd that TVP didn't have a greater presence, they usually base numbers on intel, but perhaps this lot of idiots have slipped under the radar.

Yes I found that odd. They went overkill on Sheffield Wednesday fans who i thought were the best away fans we've had all season.

Yes we should have made a change before they scored, however there was hardly a break in play and we didn’t really have anyone very effective on the bench
We don't always need a winger or striker coming off the bench to change a game, a defender, midfielder, or even someone like Forde, and/or a change of system could've allowed us to get more control of the game, allowing the creative players already on the pitch to get on the ball in more dangerous areas.

As has been said before, sometimes even though it's obvious what needs changing, the changes come too late, and are often wrong, and sometimes it's almost as though the substitutions have already been decided before a ball has even been kicked.

We don't always need a winger or striker coming off the bench to change a game, a defender, midfielder, or even someone like Forde, and/or a change of system could've allowed us to get more control of the game, allowing the creative players already on the pitch to get on the ball in more dangerous areas.

As has been said before, sometimes even though it's obvious what needs changing, the changes come too late, and are often wrong, and sometimes it's almost as though the substitutions have already been decided before a ball has even been kicked.
Yes I would have wanted a strong midfielder at that point but we didn’t really have one. Amusing that you think you know better than the pros.

You can often only highlight contradictions by cutting across threads. 😉
Well it is me BLM……Bazzers life matters oops wrong thread…….double oops there isn’t a Bazzers Life Matters thread 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom