Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. He was out for 5/6 weeks in 20/21 with a hamstring injury whilst playing for Maccabi Haifa. Not a serious one but maybe the start of a weakness there.
If you start avoiding players who have ever pulled their hamstring you will have a small amount of players to choose from. He simply overstretched and pulled a muscle, it happens.

Firstly, we don't have two dodgy keepers. Secondly, do you think a guy who has never played a game in the FL should start in front of a 30,000 crowd ahead of two experienced guys! Seriously?
Thrown in at the deep end and comes out smiling or thrown to the wolves, could come out a hero or confidence shot to bits.

Firstly, we don't have two dodgy keepers. Secondly, do you think a guy who has never played a game in the FL should start in front of a 30,000 crowd ahead of two experienced guys! Seriously?

It's a forum trope. During a time of crisis, to break a losing streak or to go after the scape goat, throw a unknown quantity into the mix (youth teamer, out-of-favour player etc) and proclaim they must be better than what we already have.

See also, Henry Landers.

It's a forum trope. During a time of crisis, to break a losing streak or to go after the scape goat, throw a unknown quantity into the mix (youth teamer, out-of-favour player etc) and proclaim they must be better than what we already have.

See also, Henry Landers.
Are we signing Landers?

Better than Obika. The fella said it enough times so it must be true.
In fairness, I live in the middle of Banbury and walked along to a couple of their midweek games last season. Landers probably is better than Obika. No, I'm not Landers and I'm not his dad! But the lad can find the net.

Would love him to do some Roy of the Rovers s**t for us after all the posts on here about him 🤣🤣

Disappointing news re Wildschut, either he wasn’t ready for his run out at the weekend as he wasn’t quite fit enough, or we have just been desperately unlucky. No idea of the answer to that, but hopefully it’s the latter!

So it seems we now need at least two wingers again (Jones plus another).
LB
RB
Central Midfielder to replace the loss of Kane essentially
Striker either one or two, depending on Baldock’s likely return.

So potentially 6 more now. If these are near the quality of our signings to date (injury aside) that would be excellent. We can’t afford any more known risks however!

Does that sound about right?

Think it’s been a bit fiddly due to the terms. Sounds like there is a pay-as-you-play element to it on one end to protect the club in case he breaks down, but also something that says if he makes X appearances then we get to trigger an extension, so that he can’t just walk away in 12 months if he gets fit and shows good form. But if we trigger said extension then the pay-as-you-play element disappears moving forward as the player will have been deemed to have proven his reliability etc. Just lots of little creases to iron out so both sides are happy.
Think that's it
Should all be ok but the club need to protect themselves
Just tidying up the loose ends

In fairness, I live in the middle of Banbury and walked along to a couple of their midweek games last season. Landers probably is better than Obika. No, I'm not Landers and I'm not his dad! But the lad can find the net.

Would love him to do some Roy of the Rovers s**t for us after all the posts on here about him 🤣🤣

Bet he isn't as good at doing a stepover, there Obika is a genius.

Think it’s been a bit fiddly due to the terms. Sounds like there is a pay-as-you-play element to it on one end to protect the club in case he breaks down, but also something that says if he makes X appearances then we get to trigger an extension, so that he can’t just walk away in 12 months if he gets fit and shows good form. But if we trigger said extension then the pay-as-you-play element disappears moving forward as the player will have been deemed to have proven his reliability etc. Just lots of little creases to iron out so both sides are happy.
I wouldn't want to run a football club!

If you start avoiding players who have ever pulled their hamstring you will have a small amount of players to choose from. He simply overstretched and pulled a muscle, it happens.
Deary me, where did I say otherwise? I just pointed out that he has had a problem before when it was implied he hadn't, simple really !!
Plus, it's a bit more than a pulled muscle if he's out until December/January.

It’s gone from 5 figures to 6 pretty quickly

He’s also not an injury prone player

I am one of the first to moan about signing crocks but what justification is there for that here?
It’s gone from 5 figures to 6 pretty quickly

He’s also not an injury prone player

I am one of the first to moan about signing crocks but what justification is there for that here?
When you consider wages, agents fee, any signing on fee, resettlement costs & transfer fees, I’m certain this is well above 500k. If the guy is getting 6k per week, that’s nearly 300k per year on wages alone. Also, if you look at information available, he had a hamstring injury in 2020/2021 season so the thing about him never injuring his hamstring is B*****s and he’s also had surgery after damaging ankle ligaments. Please tell me if I’m wrong but I don’t want to be negative because I am extremely impressed with all of the other signings. It’s just massively frustrating this guy runs for 10 mins and does his hamstring and then we’re told he’s never had issues!

0103dc9480f8e94ef23cd42398b1cec3.jpg

d9041e43de5c563ce4d83f39e58bf31c.jpg

Not a doctor or a physio, but if it's Wildschut's hamstring, and he requires an operation and is going to be out until the end of the calendar year, that's got to be a Grade 3 tear, doesn't it? The muscle completely ripped or the tendon separated from the bone?

Surely the sort of thing that you know you've done instantly?
Once had a Grade 2 whilst in the middle of my run-up to bowl a cricket ball, and ended up falling flat on my face in my delivery stride.......surprised he could walk off if it's a hamstring injury that's going to keep him out for 4+ months.

When you consider wages, agents fee, any signing on fee, resettlement costs & transfer fees, I’m certain this is well above 500k. If the guy is getting 6k per week, that’s nearly 300k per year on wages alone. Also, if you look at information available, he had a hamstring injury in 2020/2021 season so the thing about him never injuring his hamstring is B*****s and he’s also had surgery after damaging ankle ligaments. Please tell me if I’m wrong but I don’t want to be negative because I am extremely impressed with all of the other signings. It’s just massively frustrating this guy runs for 10 mins and does his hamstring and then we’re told he’s never had issues!

Quick question: Do you know that he has injured the same hamstring? If the answer is no, then you can’t say really say that anything is B*****s. If you’re able to confirm it’s a repeat injury, then your views will have more weight to them.

Frustrating, yes. But he’s not injury prone. You’ve cited two injuries (that aren’t actually that serious) in his whole career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom