Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

Great result - Well done all. Made my weekend.

Watching Quest I noticed how 'unlucky' Walsall were in their tykes match. They should have won that one. ?

They say you don't get the breaks when you're at the bottom of the table. Hopefully we will now we are 13th! Onwards and upwards!

dont think KR would even consider dropping Easty... 2 clean sheets in consecutive games & wins , and 150 OUFC appearances clocked up

Re homegrown talent agree 100% ...watched a very young U18s beat Exter U18s away earlier .... theres some seriously good talent in our U23s and U18s squads .... hence Lopez and Jones joing Jack Stevens on the bench today.

win the next 2 games (Wycombe n Walsall) & maybe, just maybe some of the youngsters might get a cameo appearances in a few first team games?

though Easty is a bit outspoken...especially of late !
Just reading through these posts and I also want to pick up on Eastwood. I don’t know if anybody else who was there yesterday picked up on this but, towards the end of the game there was an incident where the ball went back to Easty and Kashi went down with what appeared to be an injury. This coincided with the management and physio coming out of the dugout and Easty was told to kick the ball out so Kashi could get treatment. I wondered if it was a ploy to kill a bit of time. Interestingly, Easty ignored the call and hoofed the ball down the pitch to play on, meaning Kashi had to get up and carry on playing. I thought I saw a bit of a bewildered shrug from KR in the dug out. I don’t want to make a big issue after such a great day, and I’m not suggesting there’s any rifts or anything, but it did appear that Easty was saying ‘let’s just get on with the game’. Did anyone else notice this?

Just reading through these posts and I also want to pick up on Eastwood. I don’t know if anybody else who was there yesterday picked up on this but, towards the end of the game there was an incident where the ball went back to Easty and Kashi went down with what appeared to be an injury. This coincided with the management and physio coming out of the dugout and Easty was told to kick the ball out so Kashi could get treatment. I wondered if it was a ploy to kill a bit of time. Interestingly, Easty ignored the call and hoofed the ball down the pitch to play on, meaning Kashi had to get up and carry on playing. I thought I saw a bit of a bewildered shrug from KR in the dug out. I don’t want to make a big issue after such a great day, and I’m not suggesting there’s any rifts or anything, but it did appear that Easty was saying ‘let’s just get on with the game’. Did anyone else notice this?
He did try to kick it out of play but went for distance. Watched him after he kicked it and he did put his hand up towards the dugout as if to say it was a mistake and was apologising.

I can’t belive what Robinson said after the game that he was disappointed with the players the man is deluded and needs to go
Goodness. We have just won 4 of the past 6 games with 13 points.
Robinson is presumably trying to play things down and keep the players feet on the ground.
At half time a lit of supporters were suggesting how poor game it had been between two poor sides. I have seen us play a lot better this season home and away

He did try to kick it out of play but went for distance. Watched him after he kicked it and he did put his hand up towards the dugout as if to say it was a mistake and was apologising.
Ah that makes sense ? This certainly isn’t the time to start looking for issues where they don’t exist! I’ll shut up then.. ?

Agree. It was not Eastwood ignoring instructions. Eastwood mis kicked it and he was trying to kick the ball out

you know what maybe Robbo was right when he said he knows how to win games - only question is why did he wait until now to start to utilise this talent
Since the first 11 games (which were absolutely disasterous) we have had near play off form.
So we have managed to win 11 games since the first win v Plymouth which was 13th league game of the season

Since the first 11 games (which were absolutely disasterous) we have had near play off form.
So we have managed to win 11 games since the first win v Plymouth which was 13th league game of the season
A few more wins and he’ll start to sound like Socrates after matches! (Not the Brazilian one..)

I like Kashi and hope we can keep him next year - though I think Nelson just shaded him due to scoring the match winning goal - sadly we are highly unlikely to keep him next season

you know what maybe Robbo was right when he said he knows how to win games - only question is why did he wait until now to start to utilise this talent

He always said that this team will get results when the bulk of the players aren't in the treatment. This is proving to be true.

Back
Top Bottom