Away Match Day Thread 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a long ol day!

We were deserving of the point. We were better first half and they were better second.

Gav Whyte’s best game since his return, Cam Bran was the best player on the pitch and Moore didn't miss a header for 90 minutes.

Holland out of possession is far too pedestrian. For the occasional moments of brilliance, i think he still has too many moments of mediocrity. A fully fit Sykes would be my preference down that left hand side.

Well done to all the fellow yellows that made the trip. We made a decent racket. Controversially, i thought the number who travelled was a little disappointing.

Keeping Cam Bran in January is absolutely vital. Either way, it will speak volumes about the ambitions of the Board…

Commentary like this just highlights what a great setup we have with BBC Oxford. Our team take the time to research the opposition players names for a start!

The match report on their OWS had Herbie Kane setting up Matty Taylor for our goal!

Agree with EC, Brannagan was outstanding never gives up what energy! We fought for a draw in the second half unlike Ipswich where we played for a draw, looking forward to Tuesday.

Great point. I think the three points earned today, at Ipswich and against Rotherham are really good points in the bigger picture. The only frustration is that these games have come all at the same time and haven’t really allowed us to beat the lesser teams in between to make the points look their true worth. We are strong at home and once the new year arrives we should be able to rack up a lot of points and then we will see the real value of results like today.
Great post! 👍

It's an away kit, and whilst I always associate us with playing in yellow I really don't understand why some get so upset by us wearing a different kit on the road. It has no bearing on our identity in my view.
Except black shirt with white shorts and socks isnt an away kit ....its a mixup of the two 'away' kits

Apart from the obvious ( that 2nd and 3rd kits are another way to fleece supporters) , given home colours are yellow and dark navy blue, is it really too unfeasible to simply reverse the colours for the 2nd kit?

Navy blue shirt with yellow trim, yellow shorts and socks for the away kit perhaps?

Except black shirt with white shorts and socks isnt an away kit ....its a mixup of the two 'away' kits

Apart from the obvious ( that 2nd and 3rd kits are another way to fleece supporters) , given home colours are yellow and dark navy blue, is it really too unfeasible to simply reverse the colours for the 2nd kit?

Navy blue shirt with yellow trim, yellow shorts and socks for the away kit perhaps?

Dear God, no one is being fleeced. Buying football kits aren't compulsory, and those who do buy them predominantly buy the home kit. However, alternative kits do bring much needed additional income in to the club and also allow fans a choice. We've been wearing alternative kits since the 70's at least, with them being more commonplace in the 80's. By the 90's we were wearing "away" kits more often than not on the road, regardless of whether or not there was a clash.

Now I think of games like Lincoln or Shrewsbury away with the white kit and diagonal strip with as much love for our club as those where we were wearing yellow. I don't see any loss of identity in these games and nothing to lose any sleep over.

As long as we don't wear red, I don't really mind what colour we play in, though I'm not a fan of the black shirt, that colour is traditionally reserved for the man in the middle.

Your ref doesn't understand the laws of the game.

Law 14 says additional time has to be allowed at the end of either half for the pen to be taken!
Or even after the final whistle has gone if you're Bruno Fernandes...

Your ref doesn't understand the laws of the game.

Law 14 says additional time has to be allowed at the end of either half for the pen to be taken!
Indeed. I had to bite my tongue from saying something to the referee and remember it’s youth soccer

What time does the coach leave for Doncaster main site looks like 2 pm but I thought it was later than that

Well that was a long ol day!

We were deserving of the point. We were better first half and they were better second.

Gav Whyte’s best game since his return, Cam Bran was the best player on the pitch and Moore didn't miss a header for 90 minutes.

Holland out of possession is far too pedestrian. For the occasional moments of brilliance, i think he still has too many moments of mediocrity. A fully fit Sykes would be my preference down that left hand side.

Well done to all the fellow yellows that made the trip. We made a decent racket. Controversially, i thought the number who travelled was a little disappointing.

Keeping Cam Bran in January is absolutely vital. Either way, it will speak volumes about the ambitions of the Board…
Because he was played on the right wing which is where he is most effective, bleeding obvious and let’s hope KR continues with this.

Me too Sarge, it simply wasn't right and to describe it as a "classic" simply compounds the incongruousness of it and it should never be repeated or mentioned in polite conversation....

By the 90's we were wearing "away" kits more often than not on the road, regardless of whether or not there was a clash.

Only for the first two or three seasons in the 90s (when we had the red 'alternative' shirt! Edit, as mentioned in another post).

For the majority of seasons in the 90s we wore the yellow shirt in the majority of away games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom