Away Match Day Thread 4/12/2021 L1: Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...what's the phrase we used to chant when Oxford get an attacking corner....?

"We're going to score in a minute?!"

But seriously, we'll always be Yellows regardless of the kit we wear, and I always get a home shirt before any of the others. But I don't get all out of shape because we wear black, orange, white or whatever.

But seriously, we'll always be Yellows regardless of the kit we wear, and I always get a home shirt before any of the others. But I don't get all out of shape because we wear black, orange, white or whatever.

I don't think anyone's "out of shape", are they?

As a curiosity, I'm not sure we've ever worn a change kit away at SN1, at least not that I can remember.

Would you not think it just a little bit of a shame if we ever played them e.g. wearing blue..?

(obviously it would have to be in a future Cup game...)

Presumably we changed because we had dark shorts like Sunderland. I dont feel strongly but wish we had an away kit that worked in that situation- Black and white is a changed change strip!

Terrible decision, deffo a penalty!

Then they score!
You think that’s a bad penalty call? (And it was from my viewing on iFollow)

My daughter is playing in a tournament in Austin Texas this weekend. Her team were awarded a penalty in the final seconds for a hand ball. If they scored it put them through their group on goal difference.

The penalty taker placed the ball on the spot ready to take it . And the Referee blew the whistle for full time without letting her take it.

Insane!

Matty Taylor's goal, apologies if already been posted. Gooch claiming a foul is fantastically laughable.
Commentary like this just highlights what a great setup we have with BBC Oxford. Our team take the time to research the opposition players names for a start!

They'll be a lot more pissed off with the result than we are.

Means we did something right.

Another hard fought point earned with another gritty display. We are certainly showing some character in recent weeks. I wish they wouldn't keep letting the opposition hit the woodwork twice in most games, it's not doing my heart any good!! 😁 😁 Well done to the Mighty Yellows.

You think that’s a bad penalty call? (And it was from my viewing on iFollow)

My daughter is playing in a tournament in Austin Texas this weekend. Her team were awarded a penalty in the final seconds for a hand ball. If they scored it put them through their group on goal difference.

The penalty taker placed the ball on the spot ready to take it . And the Referee blew the whistle for full time without letting her take it.

Insane!
Your ref doesn't understand the laws of the game.

Law 14 says additional time has to be allowed at the end of either half for the pen to be taken!

Yes Sunderland needed the win fantastic result for us. And Iam sure there will be some good additions coming soon. Sadly Dan and Winnall will be off and maybe Hanson. So hopefully 3in to really improve on an already good squad. Every time I hear the name Maxwell on the TV it sends me back to those terrible days.

Yes Sunderland needed the win fantastic result for us. And Iam sure there will be some good additions coming soon. Sadly Dan and Winnall will be off and maybe Hanson. So hopefully 3in to really improve on an already good squad. Every time I hear the name Maxwell on the TV it sends me back to those terrible days.

Yeah those days when the Maxwells we’re running our club were so terrible ! Modern day L1 to the PL in three seasons, winning the League Cup, holding our own in the top flight, appointed the best manager the club has ever had, signed players who would walk into fans best ever XI and played a brand of football from another planet !

Maxwell, the man, ultimately committed an unforgivable act but from a purely footballing perspective we’d never seen anything like it and I suspect will never witness anything like it again. Just glad I was around to see it.

It's a pity the referee didn't add on another 10 seconds at the end of the game. Sykes had broken clear, Dan was in space and there were only two defenders scurrying back. It was the best chance we had to score in the second half.

Back in Lincoln at 8.15pm after the trip to the North East.
The first half was free flowing from the yellows with only the referee stopping play at will, Sunderland only had one shot on target in that first period which resulted in an early goal which could and should have been avoided especially as we could have had a penalty 30 seconds earlier, we went in at the break at 1-1 and that was the least we deserved.
The 2nd half saw us come out a totally different team, we couldn’t string two passes together, we were clumsy in challenges, we dwelt on the ball and did not play as a team at all which seemed to drain our confidence and drain our energy which meant come the final whistle a draw was probably the best we could have hoped for as Sunderland definitely had more of the ball in dangerous areas as the game went on......
Credit to the 450-500 yellows who made the trip especially as the fixture was re-arranged at short notice.
We are a good side when we click, we have certainly brought a don’t lose the game attitude when we are just off the pace and these single points will mount up over the course of the season.
Well done today.
Excellent summary. Good to hear from someone else who was also at the game, rather than an opinion formed from the radio.

Yeah those days when the Maxwells we’re running our club were so terrible ! Modern day L1 to the PL in three seasons, winning the League Cup, holding our own in the top flight, appointed the best manager the club has ever had, signed players who would walk into fans best ever XI and played a brand of football from another planet !

Maxwell, the man, ultimately committed an unforgivable act but from a purely footballing perspective we’d never seen anything like it and I suspect will never witness anything like it again. Just glad I was around to see it.
If only we could find another pension fund

Sadly Dan and Winnall will be off and maybe Hanson
In not so sure about Winnall, someone would have to be interested in taking him off our hands. Same probably goes for Hanson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom