Home Match Day Thread 5/10/2021 PJT: OUFC v Stevenage

Total bunch of shirkers, who simply couldn't be bothered. They let those down who bothered to turn up. The first teamers need to be reminded Sheffield Wednesday or Stevenage, you play to your best.

Agyei was generally hopeless. Frustrating because he has so much more than that.

Is he though?

For all the comments about him being raw and needing matches to improve when he joined, we’re more or less in the same place with him a full two years later.

The penny has been waiting to drop for too long now with him.

Karl’s interview very accurate and yes telling Nathan Cooper that he sent the team out because he was angry total honesty. Well done Stevenage you showed us up you wanted it more chased everything and took the P**s. The players should donate their wages to charity after tonight’s performance

Disappointing evening.

Those players who are on the fringes just didn't show up and take their opportunity. I've been an advocate for Agyei getting more opportunities but based on that performance tonight, i just cannot see how he will carve out a career at the level we are at or aspire to end up at. Meanwhile, Cooper (after a bright 15 minutes or so at the start) looks a long way short of what is required to be an effective wide man.

Cam Bran was a cut above everyone else (Henry aside) on the pitch all night.

Controversial opinion: Moore is a very efficient defender and appears to be becoming more vocal on the pitch. However, i'm not convinced his distribution is as good as his predecessors that have gone onto carve out excellent careers in the league above. Perhaps there is improvement to be had in this area, as he surrendered possession in vulnerable positions on a number of occasions tonight.

Not going to lose any sleep about going out of the competition. Although, the well coveted squad depth is going to become harder to manage and keep happy with fewer games to play, perhaps.

Someone said that Cooper and Agyei should be shipped out to League Two. That may be too high a level for either of them. Sadly this has been know for some time and it doesn't seem to have got through to Robinson. What also got shown up tonight tonight was the deficiencies in the so called great squad. We have quality enough In defense, and also in midfield. But take out Matty Taylor and we will be in real trouble up front.

Last edited:
Agyei seems like a lovely bloke, but needs to get nastier of he wants to make it as a striker. Taylor is a few inches shorter and nowhere near as built and he's always backing into strikers, making it difficult for them and winning headers.

We’re gonna win all 3, we’re gonna win all 3, gonna win the league and the......... Wait, hang on a minute...
Everyone to a man played their part on Saturday in front of 20 plus thousand people including 1800 yellows cheering our players on, however 99.9% of our supporters (even the hearty souls that attended tonight) would want our team out of this competition at the earliest possible stage to push on in our league campaign and as the saying goes MISSION ACCOMPLISHED..........!

Not going to lose any sleep about going out of the competition. Although, the well coveted squad depth is going to become harder to manage and keep happy with fewer games to play, perhaps.
Well those players in question really only have themselves to blame! This was easy access to game time and they blew it. So they’ve just made their mission to break in to the team a lot more difficult.

In hindsight nobody gives two hoots whether we’re in or out but the manner of the defeat is the big deal here. Such a laboured performance with very little excuse given they have 10 days to recover now. Pretty poor but quietly glad we can focus on the league.

Yeah silver lining is we've had runs in this competition and we've fallen in the play-offs after long seasons. Think I'd rather just bomb out now and concentrate on the league.

Disappointing some players didn't take their chance but little bit of a break now to regroup and go again.

Someone said that Cooper and Agyei should be shipped out to League One. That may be too high a level for either of them. Sadly this has been know for some time and it doesn't seem to have got through to Robinson. What also got shown up tonight tonight was the deficiencies in the so called great squad. We have quality enough In defense, and also in midfield. But take out Matty Taylor and we will be in real trouble up front.
I think you mean league two don't you?..though Cooper did ok against Oxford City..have no doubt KR knows already and also how hard it is to secure decent front men for what we can spend. But yes it is worrying to be so reliant on MT.

Well those players in question really only have themselves to blame! This was easy access to game time and they blew it. So they’ve just made their mission to break in to the team a lot more difficult.

In hindsight nobody gives two hoots whether we’re in or out but the manner of the defeat is the big deal here. Such a laboured performance with very little excuse given they have 10 days to recover now. Pretty poor but quietly glad we can focus on the league.

I understand your point, totally. However, it would be dangerous to write off players after a solitary poor performance. Players like Cooper and Agyei have had sparing opportunities and in hindsight, another 3/4 games in this competition may have been useful.

As per my previous post, i am in no way condoning tonight’s performance but just wonder, if for the bigger picture it may have been beneficial if the ‘squad players’ had got a result tonight to keep everyone sharp in the medium term.

I think you mean league two don't you?..though Cooper did ok against Oxford City..have no doubt KR knows already and also how hard it is to secure decent front men for what we can spend. But yes it is worrying to be so reliant on MT.
Well I enjoyed the fact that KR said the front theee tonight weren’t good enough.

Our crossing was absolutely P**s poor. Haaland wouldn't have scored for us tonight. I lost count of how many crosses sailed out for a goal kick

Apart from the goal, I can think of a fair few good crosses in the 1st half (Thorniley hit the crossbar and Agyei when he could have easily scuffed the ball in he was that close). I agree it wasn't very good in the 2nd half.

Agyei was generally hopeless. Frustrating because he has so much more than that.
I wonder if Dan is so keen and anxious that he relaxes after scoring or having a good spell? I’ve never seen him play well for more than a few minutes.

Cam put in a good shift tonight but even he was wayward at times. He will be frustrated with that.
Dan Agyei is a big lad but he doesn’t impose himself on defenders, doesn’t win enough headers (excusing his goal) and when the ball is played up to him, he struggles to win it and hold it up for others to lay off to.
Joel Cooper seemed to be lost out there at times tonight.
There is a decent footballer in there but for me he just makes too many positional mistakes to see him force his way into the team. Defensively, we lacked calm at two critical times and it cost us. Looked like a lack of organisation for both goals so that is something to work on.
Not a shambles of a performance by any means, there was a lot to admire from us in fleeting moments. But we must improve.

I wonder if Dan is so keen and anxious that he relaxes after scoring or having a good spell? I’ve never seen him play well for more than a few minutes.
its almost as if he thinks hes done the job at 1 goal then switches off.Other strikers seem to have more desire to get more goals once theyve scored.

Back
Top Bottom