England v Croatia..............

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Given the stats suggest he's the most fouled player in the top flight then he must be some superstar as he spends more time on the floor if we are to believe the stats.

He's one of those players i've never really seen as anything special in the few games i've seen him.

of course spending a fair bit of time on the floor does help with the Image rights of course.

if there's 1 game I wouldn't play him it would be against Scotland given the above.

I disagree, Gino van Kessel and Agon Mehmeti edge it for me. Fact!
I will always treasure that I saw Agon Mehmeti score a goal in the flesh. Up there with seeing Michael Duberry in McDonald’s at Botley one day after training in 2011, absolutely slaying two Big Macs and a large milkshake. I ended up speaking to him for a bit and he told me about his baby clothing company, and then (with his permission) sold the story to FourFourTwo. Even ended up on the cover. Bottom right:

AB8039C1-98C5-4DBC-B962-E7CB3E034BFC.jpeg

Also, I would love to go on the lash with Jack Grealish. I bet he definitely IS one of the best in the world at getting hammered.

It's quite easy really. Until he does it, regularly, at the top level, which he hasn't yet, you are premature calling him best in the world and saying look at stats.

All in the same time as slating Sterling, who has scored what, 13 International goals in his last 16 or so games, and also done it in the Champions League and Premier League for the last few seasons.
2050BE60-2EEC-485A-AE37-959DED1818FC.jpeg
Stats from last season - and that’s with Grealish being in a far worse team and playing 5 less games (dispossessed stat at the bottom stands out for me). I don’t think there can be any argument that he had a better league season just gone than Stirling. I agree Stirling has done it for England though and continues to do so...

View attachment 6513
Stats from last season - and that’s with Grealish being in a far worse team and playing 5 less games (dispossessed stat at the bottom stands out for me). I don’t think there can be any argument that he had a better league season just gone than Stirling. I agree Stirling has done it for England though and continues to do so...
Thanks for that. Interesting that Grealish is down as 'Mid' and Sterling as 'Fwd', where did he actually play for Villa? But it just goes to back up what I already thought, he's a good player ready to make another step forward. Would be interesting to see him with the pressure of a big club and handling top European fixtures.

20/21 season (PL only in brackets) : Grealish P27 (26) gls 7 (6). Stirling P49 (31), gls 14 (10) - so the actual stats that matter are pretty similar.

Stats are very very misleading. Ivan Toney has scored 33 goals this season, more than any other English player and 4 best across any league in Europe. Why is he not in the England squad..because he is not in the top division. Grealish is very very good but unless he leaves villa (or villa miraculously make europe) he will never be seen as a global star. Being seen in a few international matches at a summer tournament won't make people sit up and notice. Needs to be playing in the champions league week in week out and then still producing the goods to be even considered 'world class'.

Stats are very very misleading. Ivan Toney has scored 33 goals this season, more than any other English player and 4 best across any league in Europe. Why is he not in the England squad..because he is not in the top division. Grealish is very very good but unless he leaves villa (or villa miraculously make europe) he will never be seen as a global star. Being seen in a few international matches at a summer tournament won't make people sit up and notice. Needs to be playing in the champions league week in week out and then still producing the goods to be even considered 'world class'.
Ivan Toney has 0 PL goals. I’m not sure how that’s an argument that stats are ‘misleading’? If he had 33 PL goals in a season, which was more than any other player, I’m pretty sure it would be reasonable to call him up for England?

Ivan Toney has 0 PL goals. I’m not sure how that’s an argument that stats are ‘misleading’? If he had 33 PL goals in a season, which was more than any other player, I’m pretty sure it would be reasonable to call him up for England?
Exactly my point actually. People comparing grealish to Sterling. Sterling has been performing in the premier league, champions league, winning cups. Grealish has had what 2 seasons in the premier league and people are calling him world class and better than sterling. How many major awards and trophies does grealish have to his name? How many goals for England? Its hardly like grealish is a teenager breaking through. He is 25, a year younger than sterling. They aren't even in the same class bracket. Sterling has had a poor year yes but is still streets ahead of grealish. That being said I would like to see what grealish can do in one of the remaining group games.

Back
Top Bottom