England v Croatia..............

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Before you tell me to have a word with myself, go and have a look at his stats and compare them with the other top players in his position. Thanks.
Stats mean little, he needs to do it on grass. He hasn't yet. He might do in the future.

Thanks.

I think there’s an argument that Grealish could become one of the best in the world in that position. If there was a 25 year old Spanish player creating the most chances in La Liga, with Madrid and Barcelona looking at spending £100m+ on him, people would be raving about him. Being English is actually holding him back in some peoples eyes I reckon
Agree with that. No doubt he has the potential, but he has to prove it on the pitch, and regularly, before anyone can claim he's the best in the world.

Stats mean little, he needs to do it on grass. He hasn't yet. He might do in the future.

Thanks.
He needs to do it on grass? Sounds as though you’re commenting while you’re on grass mate. What on earth are you talking about?

Jack Grealish should be playing. You don’t have to be a moron to see that Southgate has an agenda against him…

He’s one of the best in the world right now, and Sterling gets picked ahead of him, despite being shite all season!

Jack Grealish will likely play in the games that suit his skill set. Yesterday we needed speed so he picked Sterling and guess what he scored the winner. Calling for the manager to be sacked because Grealish isn't picked etc is moronic.

Jack Grealish isn't one of the best in the world right now. He has the attributes to potentially be and could be in the future but he isn't right now.

I think there’s an argument that Grealish could become one of the best in the world in that position. If there was a 25 year old Spanish player creating the most chances in La Liga, with Madrid and Barcelona looking at spending £100m+ on him, people would be raving about him. Being English is actually holding him back in some peoples eyes I reckon

You might be right. He certainly has the potential to be one of the best in the world. Sadly, playing for Aston Villa and not one of the really big clubs will be having an impact as well.

That said, yesterday was about horses for courses and Southgate got it spot on.

He needs to do it on grass? Sounds as though you’re commenting while you’re on grass mate. What on earth are you talking about?
It's quite easy really. Until he does it, regularly, at the top level, which he hasn't yet, you are premature calling him best in the world and saying look at stats.

All in the same time as slating Sterling, who has scored what, 13 International goals in his last 16 or so games, and also done it in the Champions League and Premier League for the last few seasons.

Jack Grealish will likely play in the games that suit his skill set. Yesterday we needed speed so he picked Sterling and guess what he scored the winner. Calling for the manager to be sacked because Grealish isn't picked etc is moronic.

Jack Grealish isn't one of the best in the world right now. He has the attributes to potentially be and could be in the future but he isn't right now.
I’ll say it again: Jack Grealish, when compared to the other players in his position, IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Statistical fact.

It's quite easy really. Until he does it, regularly, at the top level, which he hasn't yet, you are premature calling him best in the world and saying look at stats.

All in the same time as slating Sterling, who has scored what, 13 International goals in his last 16 or so games, and also done it in the Champions League and Premier League for the last few seasons.

No, no, no. LeftSideBoy has told us it is a STATISTICAL FACT that he IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD so you MUST BE VERY, VERY, VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

No, no, no. LeftSideBoy has told us it is a STATISTICAL FACT that he IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD so you MUST BE VERY, VERY, VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
Grow up you plank.

I’ll say it again: Jack Grealish, when compared to the other players in his position, IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Statistical fact.
Putting "Fact" at the end of a sentence doesn't change the fact that you're expressing an opinion. Really winds me up when people do that. I could just as easily go "Jon Obika is the best striker in history. Fact!". Doesn't actually make it a fact.

Here's the "facts", coming from someone who's a big Grealish fan and wanted him to start yesterday. He looks very good in a mid table Premier League side. He is yet to win a major trophy, or play in a Champions League game against those who he is being compared to at the top level. It is much easier to pad your stats when you are the standout star in an average side, and you're relied upon week in week out to carry your side. To suggest Grealish, a very good player, is better/on the same level of De Bruyne, Muller, Bruno Fernandes, Neymar, Salah, Mane is fantastical at best.

To back up my point, and use "stats", FootballCritic currently have Grealish listed as the 14th best winger in the world based on recent form. A decent position, but far from one of the best in the world: https://www.footballcritic.com/top-players/wingers

Putting "Fact" at the end of a sentence doesn't change the fact that you're expressing an opinion. Really winds me up when people do that. I could just as easily go "Jon Obika is the best striker in history. Fact!". Doesn't actually make it a fact.

Here's the "facts", coming from someone who's a big Grealish fan and wanted him to start yesterday. He looks very good in a mid table Premier League side. He is yet to win a major trophy, or play in a Champions League game against those who he is being compared to at the top level. It is much easier to pad your stats when you are the standout star in an average side, and you're relied upon week in week out to carry your side. To suggest Grealish, a very good player, is better/on the same level of De Bruyne, Muller, Bruno Fernandes, Neymar, Salah, Mane is fantastical at best.

To back up my point, and use "stats", FootballCritic currently have Grealish listed as the 14th best winger in the world based on recent form. A decent position, but far from one of the best in the world: https://www.footballcritic.com/top-players/wingers
14th best winger in the world, but he isn’t one of the best in the world? 😅 Riiiiiight. I’m pretty sure if you were a tennis player and you were 14th in the world, you would say that you were one of the best.

How is it a statistical fact? For example has he got better champions league stats than other players who play similar positions?

All this talk on facts is making me think of Rafa Benitez!

Jack grealish best in the world somebody has had to much ☀️ He’s a good player on his day very good but one of the best in the world 😂😂😂😂

14th best winger in the world, but he isn’t one of the best in the world? 😅 Riiiiiight. I’m pretty sure if you were a tennis player and you were 14th in the world, you would say that you were one of the best.
I mean first of all it's not tennis, it's football. Very different sports with very different levels. And even then no, I wouldn't say 14th best based on current form is one of the best in the world. Grealish isn't even close to the level of Neymar, Messi, Insigne, Salah etc on the wings, and same for De Bruyne, Bruno, Muller etc. in CAM. When he does it on the biggest stage, Champions League, or maybe even the Euros this summer, then he can be in the same conversation as those other players. Until then, he's just a very good player for a mid table Prem side.

With how defensive you're getting over people saying a player is very good but not world class you'd think you were his Dad or something 😂

Back
Top Bottom