Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a right back to play on Saturday? Stevens is out and isn't Long still unavailable due to concussion protocol?

I know we have Oisin Smyth that can play there but if he gets injured we have no one to cover that side of defence do we ?
I guess the fallback plan would be Negru and a formation switch.

Well we are in a £20m black hole as it is that the board have been covering every year since they came here. So not sure why we should be worrying about that at this point, we will never be a sustainable club until we get our own stadium or we are in the championship.

Loans aren't free. There are loan fees paid to the club, wage contributions and relocation costs. We've just brought in 2 established league one players on permanent deals, and have one of the highest wage bills in the league due to previous contracts.

We can't just go around pissing money up the wall to meet any random quota that you or others present.

Loans aren't free. There are loan fees paid to the club, wage contributions and relocation costs. We've just brought in 2 established league one players on permanent deals, and have one of the highest wage bills in the league due to previous contracts.

We can't just go around pissing money up the wall to meet any random quota that you or others present.
Perhaps not but we have gaping holes in the squad. The players mentioned cover that. If the board want what they say the do, they might have to go a bit further than they thought. I don’t expect it, but it would be nice

Take it it’s a maybe on the Blackburn lad and that’s it? Doesn’t sound like anyone else will be coming.

It's meant to be 12 days minimum for concussion, but who knows...

Football is rubbish at head injuries so it could be 2 days, 2 months or 2 years. As an aside it is about time any claimed head injury is required to have a Head injury check automatically and a sub can cover them temporarily for the players safety. It would also have the secondary effect of making the cheating, like Bishop did on Tuesday, become a bit stupid.

Liam Rice is a proper Newsquest journo "before the window slams shut" sounds like something out of Indiana Jones movie is about to happen if we don't do another deal...

1000011300.jpg

Then fill it with players we will see. Our squad is threadbare and even after injuries die down, if they ever do. We have 16 fit for Saturday as it stands I believe. A side wanting promotion should be filling every available loan space to give yourself options
If you scrabble to fill a space for the sake of filling a space, you get crap.

The length of your injury list won't change that.

Do we have a right back to play on Saturday? Stevens is out and isn't Long still unavailable due to concussion protocol?

I know we have Oisin Smyth that can play there but if he gets injured we have no one to cover that side of defence do we ?
I think long is back certainly after this weekend, possibly this. It’s just the concussion protocol delaying him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom