Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't think what happened to the club finances after 1988!
Yes. Definitely spending above our means. Even the 200k in 1997 for Wilsterman is surprising given only 2 years later the hero Kassam saved us. I think we were £13m in debt?

The highlight was when we signed Windass, and supposedly only managed to pay Aberdeen what we owed them by selling him again (though we did make a healthy profit on him, so, hmmm....)

Jake Young, Will Evans, Marcus Dinanga
Will Evans I would like!

For an attacker that’s scoring goals in recent seasons, the first 2/3 mins of his highlights are tough tackles 😂

Although not a 9 would be a superb option and his work rate would make him a fan favourite

I thought Stockley was £150k, same season as Moody.
Yep, Stockley was 150k, we had periods where Kassam splashed the cash, Andy Scott, Rob Quinn, Stockley, Moody all over 100k as well as enormous wages to the likes of Arendse, Townsley, etc.

I think we’ll lose Rodrigues in the summer, half of the Championship will be in for him.
He's obviously very good, but he's clearly still learning, and in my opinion not yet ready for the step up to Championship level.

He'd be wise to stay here, and progress with us...

View attachment 17237Even in 1988 we were splashing out a good number in transfer fees, although the sale of Dean Saunders probably funded it.
Remember we had just sold Dean for £1 Mill and with no bosman ruling clubs had more control over players then.
John Dreyer sold for £140,000, Trevor Hebberd around 300/400 as well in tha pre season

I think we may be reading too much into it, in that I am not convinced it is a teaser at all - I think it is just an amusing little 'caption competition'.
Yellows Forum reading too much into something? Surely not...

Ps. Given that Des wore a white t-shirt at the match the other week, can we assume that we'll have a white away kit again next season?

Will Evans I would like!

For an attacker that’s scoring goals in recent seasons, the first 2/3 mins of his highlights are tough tackles 😂

Although not a 9 would be a superb option and his work rate would make him a fan favourite
Will Evans has played pretty much every position for Newport, very good all round player.

Greg Docherty looks to be leaving Hull this window, another I’d be very happy to see arrive.

Greg Docherty looks to be leaving Hull this window, another I’d be very happy to see arrive.
Yep, another high energy midfielder would be high on my shopping list if I had the choice. Docherty fits that mould perfectly

Yep, another high energy midfielder would be high on my shopping list if I had the choice. Docherty fits that mould perfectly
Also adds an extra bit of experience while still having the ability to cover the ground.

Carlisle have signed 3 players ahead of our visit. Striker Luke Armstrong from Harrogate Town, midfielder Harrison Neal from Sheffield United and Crystal Palace defender Sean Grehan on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom