Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned in the Beadle thread, Jamie Cumming OOC end of the season and 24 which would mean no compensation. I'd hope we would put a bid in for him permanently. Would rather not have a loan incase he has a blinder and goes elsewhere end of the season.

If anyone seriously thinks we are soon going to bolster our squad with 6/7 new players who are first-team-ready is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. This NEVER happens in January. Patience is required; the re-building will start in earnest in the summer when more space and money becomes available. Buckingham knows this. Robinson’s legacy can’t be dismantled till then.
It needs to be 6/7 though even if some are loans. weve lost potentially 4 of the 5 loans weve had this season, as well as not having a fully finished squad anyway.

I can’t get too vexed about the absence of an assistant manager. Do people know how long it takes ordinarily to advertise, then interview candidates, then get them released from their current role, if they’re employed? It can take weeks. Or months.
I’m sure we’ll hear when there’s anything to hear.

I think the owners have tightened the purse strings. and it will be loans to see us through the remainder of the season.

I think the owners have tightened the purse strings. and it will be loans to see us through the remainder of the season.
On what basis? We have just forked out an (allegedly) decent sum of money for Des, Which was a statement of intent. We've been linked consistently to players that will command either a fee or a decent loan fee. We'll have gained wage room from Mills, Beadle and (Edwards?) As well as anyone else surplus to requirements that will go. We're seven days into the window and we're in a good space to go up if we have a good window. And any off the pitch problems I can't see making a dent in our playing budget. I will hold my hands up if you're right at the end of the window but I can't see it.

Do people know how long it takes ordinarily to advertise, then interview candidates, then get them released from their current role, if they’re employed? It can take weeks. Or months.
Or 24 hours, if you're a snake and a rat...

IMG_1502.jpegIMG_1503.jpeg

I can’t get too vexed about the absence of an assistant manager. Do people know how long it takes ordinarily to advertise, then interview candidates, then get them released from their current role, if they’re employed? It can take weeks. Or months.
I’m sure we’ll hear when there’s anything to hear.
In football not very long, nobody works their notice period. The manager/coach normally says I want a b or c. Look how quickly our management team upped sticks to Ashton Gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom